Lennart Meri Tallinn Airport (TLL/EETN)
New routes and frequency possibilities and why these routes would work
Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Caters both for low cost and traditional carriers
- New service - cruise ships turnarounds (Tallinn Port is only 5 km from the airport)
- 20-minutes turnarounds allowing higher aircraft utilisation and lower unit cost
- Competitive pricing
- No Security Fee
- Non slot-coordinated airport
- Passenger distribution: 45% business, 29% leisure, 16% VFR, 10% others
- TLL is just 4 km from Tallinn city centre (7-15 minutes by bus or taxi). The cost is appr 2-10 EUR
- Attractive incentives to support new and existing services
- Attention to detail, flexibility and personal touch
- TLL is the best access point for connecting Russia, CIS countries and Scandinavia
- The lowest public debt ratio in EU (2012 Q1)
- Estonia has the highest per capita income levels in Central and Eastern Europe
- Major employers in Tallinn: Skype, Playtech, Swedbank, Ericsson, Tallink Group, ABB etc.
- 1.8 million accommodated foreign visitors in 2011
- 8.5 million passengers travel annually to/from Tallinn through port
- Excellent incoming tourism potential
Downtown Tallinn is only 4km from the airport, which was substantially modernised in 2008.
Marketing and other support
- Attractive incentives for new and existing routes.
- Market information, tailor made reports, passenger surveys upon request
- PR support: inaugural flights and activities for press, passengers and VIPs as well as different additional marketing activities, including the use of TLL website and Facebook
- Reception at the gate for the inaugural flight to celebrate the new route with the airline and passengers of the first flight
For TLL airport charges see our homepage, for incentive schemes please contact TLL Marketing Department .
Promoting Estonia and Tallinn
Tallinn Airport has good relationships with the following organisations, which are keen to contribute to your route development and help to make it successful:
Enterprise Estonia (EAS) aim is to increase awareness of Estonia as a tourism destination. EAS arranges campaigns aimed at the general public of the target markets and organises media relations to promote the reputation of Estonia as a fascinate tourism destination.
Tallinn City Tourist Office & Convention Bureau's aim is to promote and market Tallinn as an internationally known tourism destination to leisure and business tourists. They:
- Participate at the fairs and other marketing events;
- Arrange fam-tours and workshops for travel trade and media;
- Plan and implement marketing campaigns;
- Comply, publish and distribute information and marketing materials about Tallinn.
They manage foreign investment and sourcing projects for international companies and can provide advice throughout the process from preparation to implementation. Any questions you have regarding the Estonian business environment, investment opportunities or your project are welcomed.
Primary Catchment Area
- 45 min catchment area: up to 500,000
- 180 min catchment area: the whole population of Estonia 1.3 million
Estonia has the highest per capita income levels in Central and Eastern Europe
Secondary Catchment Areas
- Helsinki, South Finland - 82 km, population c.a. 1.6 million
- Riga, Latvia - 280 km, population c.a. 1.5 million
- St. Petersburg - 315 km, population c.a. 5 million
Total Catchment Area within 300 km c.a. 9.4 million people
Estonia – highly competitive, fast, stabile, cost efficient and flexible
- Geographically well-positioned for transit and multimodal traffic
- Estonia is the geographical midpoint of Northern Europe and the most efficient trade route from Asia to North West Russia, Northern Europe and Northern America
- Facilities and equipment suitable for handling even the largest aircraft types
- Possibility to develop additional cargo/passenger service area in cooperation with interested parties
- Operational policy
- Tallinn Airport has 4 cargo terminals operated by several freight forwarders, courier and cargo handling companies and the airport is ready to develop additional terminals for the operators
- Growing economy
- EU membership, growing economy, ease and low cost of doing business, first among the Baltic States to adopt EURO in January 2011, all make Estonia an attractive destination for investments and trade.
- Liberal trade and pricing policy
- Simple and proportional tax system
- 0% corporate income tax
- TLL is located only 4km south of downtown Tallinn. The city is accessible both by public transport as well as taxis. Journey time to the city centre is approximately 15 minutes. The cost is approximately 2-10 EUR.
- Main cities of the neighbouring countries like Helsinki, Stockholm, Riga and St.Petersburg are within easy reach from TLL both by air as well as by sea and road (300km). This makes TLL an ideal starting point for trips and tours around the Baltic Sea.
Infrastructure & Operations
- One runway 3,070m X 45m
- Nor slot coordinated
- Operating hours: 24h
- Single terminal, opened in 1980, last renovated and extended in 2008. This modern and efficient passenger terminal is suitable for handling both low-cost as well as conventional full-service traffic.
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
- TLL carried out major reconstruction projects by 2008 including airside and passenger terminal extensions. The newly-extended passenger terminal facilities include numerous shopping and dining facilities, business and VIP lounges, spacious check-in and seating areas, free of charge wifi and a unique Skype station from which free video calls can be made.
- Passenger numbers 2.2 million in 2012 of which 90% travelled on scheduled flights. Largest destinations include Helsinki, Riga, London, Stockholm and Copenhagen.
- Minimum connecting time: 20 min
- More than 200 000 passengers travelled on charter flights with key holiday destinations being Turkey and Egypt.
- Close to 2% of the traffic is domestic, mainly to the largest Estonian islands.
- 45% of TLL traffic is travelling for business purposes.
- Freight: 23, 920 tons.
- Largest carriers: Estonian Air, Ryanair, Lufthansa, airBaltic, Finnair.
- More traffic details can be found here