Rotterdam The Hague Airport (RTM/EHRD)
New routes and frequency possibilities and why these routes would work
Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Rotterdam The Hague Airport is centrally located in the southwest of the Netherlands – just six kilometres from the city centre of Rotterdam, 20 kilometres from The Hague (the seat of government) and only 70 kilometres from Amsterdam.
- Central location in Europe's #4 economic region.
- Rotterdam The Hague Airport is a (business) passenger-friendly and the most modern regional airport in the Netherlands, right in the industrial heart of the country with easy and quick access to all major cities, business centres and tourist destinations.
- Because of this, it is the preferred airport for both business and leisure travellers.
- Fast & friendly airport: Ultra-fast check-in and check-out procedures and excellent accessibility give travellers plenty of convenience and time saving, resulting in very high passenger satisfaction and loyalty (source: passenger survey).
Marketing and other support
Rotterdam The Hague Airport supports new routes intensively.
- Intensive cooperation with local, regional and national tourist boards (Rotterdam, The Hague, NBTC, Holland.com)
- Financial/promotional/marketing/press trips (off-and online)
Dense, business orientated & high quality catchment area:
- Catchment area is 'The Randstad', #4 European urban area (by GDP)
- Rotterdam is the second city of The Netherlands, The Hague is the third
- Distances to other major cities:
- The Hague (20 km)
- Amsterdam (70 km)
- Utrecht (60 km)
- Breda (55 km)
- Antwerp (100 km)
- The majority of the top 50 enterprises in The Netherlands are within 45 minutes drive from Rotterdam The Hague Airport
- Top five universities in catchment area
Catchment area = 'De Randstad'
- In The Randstad, 41% of the Dutch population reside
- 46% of Dutch GDP is realized in this area
- The Randstad is home to numerous multinationals, European headquarters and international institutions
- The Hague is the government centre of The Netherlands, residence to all ministries, foreign embassies, NGOs and international institutions (Red Cross, etc)
- GDP per capita is above the average of the top 20 European urban areas
- Rotterdam The Hague Airport is centrally located in the southern part of The Randstad
- Distance to Port of Rotterdam: 25km, government centre The Hague: 20 kms
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
46% of Dutch GDP is realized in this area which is characterised by these trades, industries and other significant economic influences:
- Chemicals and bio-chemicals
- Port of Rotterdam
- Top 5 universities
- Water and delta technology
- Maritime services (engineering, consulting, lawyers etc.)
- By car: Rotterdam The Hague Airport is located near the arterial A13/A4 motorway connecting: Amsterdam, The Hague, Rotterdam, Antwerp, Brussels.
- By public transport: Frequent (every 10 minutes) direct bus connection to Rotterdam Central Station (20 minutes) with intercity connections. Lightrail from airport to The Hague and Rotterdam Central Station and from there high speed train to Amsterdam and Antwerp as (from Q4 2010).
Infrastructure & Operations
- Types of traffic permitted: IFR/VFR
- ILS: ILS category 1
- ARP co-ordinates and site at AD:
- 51°57' 25"N 004° 26' 14" E
- 013 DEG GEO 807 m from TWR
- Direction and distance from (city): 3 NM NNW from Rotterdam
- Slot coordination: Rotterdam The Hague Airport is a fully slot coordinated airport. All aircraft with MTOW over 6,000kg and equipped with 20 seats or more have to obtain a slot prior to arrival. This also applies to cargo flights MTOW over 6,000 kg. Requests for slots must be filed at Stichting Airport Coordination Netherlands (SACN) in standard IATA format.
- During office hours:
Stichting Airport Coordination Netherlands (SACN)
Tel: +31 (0)20 4059730
Fax: +31 (0)20 4059731
Excellent terminal & facilities:
- 1 terminal
- 8 gates (3 non Schengen, 5 Schengen)
- 2 baggage conveyors
- Apron: self manoeuvring parking positions