Other potential routes serving large Croatian migrant communities outside Europe (Ethnic Populations) also include New Zealand (40,000).
Other Major reasons to serve this airport
Why Zagreb Airport?… simply because Croatia offers the best opportunities for business growth and development.
- With its excellent infrastructure and stable development Croatia is a Central European country with a population of 4.4 million. It is large enough for the quarter of the workforce to be highly educated, and small enough so that it can geopolitically be the optimal link between the European west and east, as well as the European north and south.
- In spite of the rapid development of the economy and transportation, Croatian capital Zagreb has retained its charm, and a relaxed feeling that makes it a genuinely human city. Apart from 13 Free trade zones, there are more than 100 business parks and industrial facilities available to investors. Here you are provided with the optimal solutions and opportunities that will make your business flourish and meet all of your demands.
- Croatia, as both a continental and Mediterranean country, has been fostering its tradition of tourism for more than a century. No matter whether one takes pleasure in gastronomy, communications, arts or sports, Croatia’s offer is bound to meet all demands. As visitors are primarily attracted to Croatia for its coastal resorts and beaches, tourism tends to be seasonal with the inevitable summer peak. The Croatia National Tourism Board and Zagreb Tourist Board & Convention Bureau however are seeking to expand the ‘season’ in Croatia by promoting Zagreb and its cultural offer, arts, incentive, wellnes and health tourism.
- Ease of making connections, short walking distances and proximity to major tourist attractions in Croatia.
Marketing and other support
ZAG would support any new route to the airport with a 5-year scheme to reduce airline start-up costs. Based on the individual merits of the proposed route growth, the airport may look to offer additional backing through marketing support. In addition the airport has a host of other marketing initiatives – consumer magazine, e-mail database, website banners etc – which would be used to promote any new service.
Fast accessibility is one of the main characteristics of Croatia. The longest domestic flight takes only 45 minutes. What in other countries is a two-hour commute in heavy rush-hour traffic, in Croatia takes the equal time for a cross-country scenic journey from one part of the country to the other, from continental Croatia to the beautiful Adriatic coast.
- 30 min catchment area population: 1.000.000
- 60 min catchment area population: 1.656.363
- 120 min catchment area population: 3.318.680
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
Last year Zagreb Airport realised the traffic of
approximately 11.000 tons of cargo and mail. At Zagreb Airport
numerous global logistic companies are situated, such as: Kuehne+Nagel,
Schenker, DHL, FARNAIR, MINILINER, ČSA, Cargo partner, etc. Zagreb Airport is currently only
handling agent for passenger, cargo and ramp handling.
Zagreb Airport has educated staff for cargo handling, end equipped
for handling of all types of aircraft included B747F, C17, AN124, DC10, MD11, etc.
We have certified Quality Management System according the requirements
of international norm ISO 9001:2008 and Environmental Management System according the requirements of international norm ISO 14001:2004. Few months ago we finished the implementation of new CIS (Cargo Information System) Hermes, which supports IATA global projects Cargo 2000 and e-freight and we are able to provide e-AirWayBills by EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) program. This CIS is the best one in the South East Europe region in this moment.
|In the same time we are able to handle:|
Zagreb Airport has CAT IIIb without slot restrictions, 24 hours operations.
Our advantages in Cargo handling are:
- New CIS (the most modern in South East Europe in this moment)
- Very short distance by modern highway from the Zagreb Airport to the European capital cities:
Belgrade 400 km, Vienna 385 km, Budapest 370 km, Ljubljana (Slovenia) 130 km, etc,
- The main Croatian sea port Rijeka in north Adriatic sea is the most penetrated sea
Port in European continent and it is far from Zagreb only 180 km by highway, and railway connection to Zagreb
- One of the most modern highway networks in Europe
- No slot restrictions,
- Well educated staff (some of them are IATA DGR instructors)
- 100% security check of shipment
- RFID mail handling, provided by Croatian Post at the Airport
- good cooperation with partners who provide onward connections by RFS or small aircrafts connection with neighbouring countries: Serbia, North Italy, Hungary, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina,
Monte Negro, Kosovo, Macedonia, etc. All of this destinations are 1-2 hours flight distance from Zagreb Airport
- The EU state border in only 30 km from Zagreb Airport.
- Croatia is full member of NATO, and entry into force and accession of Croatia to the EU is expected to take place on 1 July 2013
- ZAG is 17 km from Zagreb city centre
- ZAG is at the heart of the Croatia’s highway and railway network
- ZAG is served by network of local airport shuttle busses, complementing those passengers arriving by taxi and private vehicles.
Source: Zagreb Airport, HTZ and TZGZ Photo Archives.
Infrastructure & Operations:
- 1 Runway:
- Designations: 05 – 23
- Dimensions (m): (3252 x 45) + 2 x 7,5
- Distances (m):
- 05: TORA 3252, TODA 3252, ASDA 3252, LDA 3252.
- 23: TORA 3252, TODA 3252, ASDA 3252, LDA 3252
- Precision approach to runway classification (ILS): III B
- RWY capacity movements per hour:
- Declared 30
- Peak hour throughput 15-17 max 27
- Slot Coordinated: No.
- Operating hours: 24 hours
- Fire and Rescue: ICAO Fire And Rescue category: Cat 6 H24, up to 9 on request
- Terminals: 1 Terminal
- Aircraft stands:
- Commercial Apron:
- Total main stands: 22: D-1, C-18, B-3
- Total variant with 6 alternative big stands: D-4, E-1, F-1 Total variant with 5 alternative big stands: D-2, E-1, F-2
- General Aviation Apron: Total 20: A and B
- Commercial Apron:
- 17 check in desks
- 6 web check in kiosks
- 4 self-check in kiosks
- Min. connect time: 40 minutes.
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
The Croatian government has assigned a 30-year concession to consortium Zagreb International Airport Company Ltd. (ZAIC) consisting of the French companies Aéroports de Paris Management and Bouygues, to manage Zagreb airport and build a new passenger terminal.
The contract was signed on Wednesday April 11th by Deputy Minister of Maritime Affairs, Transport and Infrastructure Zdenko Antesic and Chief Executive of ZAIC Christophe Petit, in the presence of Croatian Prime Minister Zoran Milanovic. According to the agreement, over the next three years a new terminal worth 236 million euros will be built, which would, for the beginning, be able to accommodate 5 million passengers per year. In the second phase, the building will be expanded to a capacity of 8 million passengers.
We are confident that the new Zagreb Airport will become a very important platform for the whole Europe. We took the responsibility together with our partners to be of service to the state of Croatia and for this airport to become a link for the cultural, economic and any other aspect. I believe this to be possible because the potential of the airport and its geographic location make it possible. Our ambition is also to make the Zagreb Airport a reference port that will guarantee the quality of service delivery. We think that this can be achieved only by showing deep appreciation to everyone who helped us create the tool that will allow us to build an airport. We have a lot of work, a lot of things will have to get done and we do not run away from it – said Pierre Graf, CEO of ADP.
- Total passengers 2012: 2.34m
- Freight: 9,494 tonnes
- Largest carrier 2011 (passenger numbers): Croatia Airlines
- Scheduled/Charter mix of passengers 2011: 97%/3%
For more detailed statistics, please visit http://www.zagreb-airport.hr/Statistics-g30.aspx#rptPag(1).
|Airlines in scheduled passenger traffic at Zagreb Airport:|
|Aeroflot Russian Airlines||easyJet||Qatar Airways|
|Austrian Airlines AG dba Austrian||Iberia||TAP Air Portugal|
|British Airways||Lufthansa German Airlines||Turkish Airlines|
|Croatia Airlines||Norwegian Air Shuttle||El Al Israel Airlines|
|Cargo scheduled traffic:|
|Adria Airways||Trade Air||Miniliner|
|Adria Airways||Novel Air||Thomas Cook|