Other major reasons to serve this airport
- NRN is the airport for the East Netherlands, the “Ruhrgebiet” and the “Rhineland,” serving a population of 10 million within 60 minutes. NRN is the low-cost alternative to DUS, just 40 minutes from NRN.
- NRN has been the fastest growing airport in Germany since 2007, serving 2.2 million passengers: making it the #3 airport in North Rhine-Westphalia.
- NRN is specialized in Low Cost traffic. 60 European direct routes are served by Ryanair, but German domestic routes are grossly underserved.
- NRN offers extremely efficient services: All handling processes meet stringent Ryanair standards.
- Frequent direct bus connections to: Düsseldorf, Cologne, Duisburg, Essen Arnhem, Nijmegen, Amsterdam Utrecht. 10 Min. busshuttle to Weeze / Kevelaer – Railway station – train leaving for Dusseldorf every 30 Min.
Marketing and other support
- New entrants and new routes get reduced charges in the start-up phase.
- Full PR support: Press conferences, inaugural flight ceremonies, press trips.
- Including new customers in all airport media (amounting to up to more than 1 million copies).
- Marketing information: Market analysis and statistics on request.
- 60 min catchment area
- Duisburg, Düsseldorf, Essen, Bochum
- Arnhem, Nijmegen, Eindhoven, Venlo
- 10 million population
- 120 min catchment area
- Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Utrecht
- Düsseldorf, Köln, Dortmund, Münster
- 35 million population
- NRN is centrally located between several industrial, logistical and agricultural areas in NRW and the Benelux:
- Ruhr Area (Duisburg, Düsseldorf, etc.)
- East Netherlands (Limburg, Gelderland, Brabant).
- North-East Belgium (Genk).
- All major worldwide operating industrial, logistical and agricultural companies have a presence in the NRN catchment area!
- NRN is perfectly organized and facilitated for qualified and flexible logistical operations.
- Cargo Center of 3,000 m2, including handling equipment, X-ray equipment, landside and airside areas, customs facilities, etc.
- Destinations in the UK, Scandinavia, Spain etc are in preparation for possible adhoc charter operations.
- Integrated operational cooperation between all parties involved.
- 250 Ha available for development of industrial, trade and logistical companies.
- NRN is located next to the Dutch/German border, 70 km north of Düsseldorf, 50 km south-east of Nijmegen, close to the A57 motorway.
- 7,000 parking spaces close to the terminal, extensive bus network linking all nearby centres, train station in 10 minutes distance.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runway: 2,440m
- Not slot coordinated.
- Operating hours: 6:00 –22:00 (although the home-based-carrier lands until 23:30)
- Single terminal, capacity for 3.5 million passengers.
- 2012: 2.2 million passengers. 81% Outbound. 40% Dutch customers.
- 7% Business, 23% VFR, 70% Leisure.
- Largest carrier: Ryanair