Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Important operation of cargo traffic.
- City with exceptional urban design.
- Vitoria hosts two annual International Music Festivals: the International Music Festival/Course Vitoria-Gasteiz, and the Vitoria-Gasteiz Jazz Festival.
- European Green Capital in 2012.
- Major Spanish wine region, home of the Rioja alavesa and relevant cellars such as Marqués de Riscal (constructed by the renowned architect Frank Gehry) or Ysios (by the architect Santiago Calatrava).
- Vitoria Airport was certified by the Spanish Aviation Agency (AESA), according to EU 139/2014 regulation.
Marketing and other support
Aena offers airlines an extensive range of incentives. See the new incentive that Aena offers in 2020 and discover which one suit your type of operation best:
- Operation recovery.
- Off-peak days.
- Connecting flights.
- Freight: Exempted of cargo charge from the 5th of July 2014
- Airport charges decrease on average by 2,2% annually until 2021
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information, please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations, etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information, please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/airport-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): firstname.lastname@example.org
Market information: statistics & market analysis on request at email@example.com
- 30-minute catchment: 456,300.
- 60-minute catchment: 2,500,000.
- 120-minute catchment: 4,200,000.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- One of the main Spanish airports in terms of cargo volume. 64,500 tons of cargo processed in 2019.
- Regional hub of DHL connecting to destinations all around Europe.
Airport cargo area features
- More than 12,500 m2 of warehouses and offices for the use of cargo handling agents at first line.
- A 3500-metre runway and a specific apron for cargo aircraft, which allows the operation all types of aircraft.
- Short distances between cargo terminals and parking sites.
- It can attend to commercial flights on demand, at any time of the day, if requested following the indications on the Vitoria Airport website.
- Simple and efficient infrastructures that speeds up the management of cargo, making faster delivery times possible and thus reducing costs.
- Strategic location, in the Atlantic Arc, in the centre of a 300 km radius which includes some of the main economic and industrial hubs of the Peninsula (Madrid and Bilbao) and the south-west of France (Bordeaux and Toulouse);
- Four handling operators with their own warehouses for handling goods and a controlled temperature storage facility for perishable goods.
For further details, please go to: http://www.aena.es
Cargo incentives scheme
- Freight is exempted of cargo charge from the 5 July 2014. For further details, please go to: http://www.aena.es/en/commercial/cargo.html
- For freight opportunities go to: http://www.aena.es/en/commercial/cargo.html
- For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vitoria Airport is located approximately nine kilometres north-east of the capital of Alava.
- N-624 road, connects Vitoria with Bilbao. The distance from the centre of the capital to the road accessing the airport is eight kilometres ‒ the journey takes up to 10 minutes depending on the transport option.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runway(s): One (3,500m).
- Slot Coordinated: Facilitated
- Operating hours:
- Summer: Mon-Fri: H24; Sat, Sun: 05:00-22:00
- Winter: Mon-Fri: H24; Sat, Sun: 06:00-23:00
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: Airport Information Publication (AIP)
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
For more regional information please go to:
- Passengers (commercial): 110,300 domestic pax; 63,700 international pax.
- Flights: 92% scheduled; 8% charter.
- Freight: 64,500 tons