Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Important operation for cargo traffic.
- City with exceptional urban design.
- Vitoria hosts two annual international music festivals: the International Music Festival/Course Vitoria-Gasteiz, and the Vitoria-Gasteiz Jazz Festival.
- European Green Capital in 2012.
- Major Spanish wine region, home of the Rioja alavés and relevant cellars such as Marqués de Riscal (constructed by the renowned architect Frank Gehry) or Ysios (by the architect Santiago Calatrava).
Marketing and other support
- Available incentive in the Spanish airports in 2013:
- New route incentive: 50% discount on the passenger and security charges during the first year of operation of a new route to a new destination, and 25% discount on the second year.
- PR support for new routes such as:
- Opening flight ceremony: a press release and water cannon salute for the launch flight.
- Promotional discounts: Discounts at the airport’s parking for the passengers of the new route; discounts at participating airport food & beverage stores; discounts at the Airport´s VIP lounge for the passengers of the new route.
- Promotion of the new route: Promotion of the new route at Aena’s web page, social networks etc.
- Publicity at the airport: Advertising space at the airport for publicity
- For further information, please contact email@example.com.
- Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Market information: statistics & market analysis on request at email@example.com
- Within 30mins: 328,779
- Within 60mins: 2,420,427
- Within 120mins: 4,218,581
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- For freight opportunities go to: http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite/comercial/en/Page/1237559484370//Air-cargo.html
- For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vitoria Airport is located approximately eight kilometres north-east of the capital of Alava.
- The N-624 road connects Vitoria with Bilbao. The distance from the city centre to the road accessing the airport is eight kilometres, the journey takes up to 10 minutes depending on the transport option.
Infrastructure & Operations:
- Runways: One runway (3,500m)
- Slot Coordinated: Facilitated
- Operating hours: Summer 04:45-22:00; Winter 05:45-23:00 UTC.
- Terminals: One
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
For more regional information please go to:
- Passengers (commercial): 13,931 domestic passengers; 9,754 international passengers.
- Air Transport Movements: 12% scheduled flights; 88% charter flights.
- Freight: 34,648 tonnes.