Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Important operation of cargo traffic.
- City with exceptional urban design.
- Vitoria hosts two annual international music festivals: the International Music Festival/Course Vitoria-Gasteiz, and the Vitoria-Gasteiz Jazz Festival.
- European Green Capital in 2012.
- Major Spanish wine region, home of the Rioja alavés and relevant cellars such as Marqués de Riscal (constructed by the renowned architect Frank Gehry) or Ysios (by the architect Santiago Calatrava).
Marketing and other support
Aena offers airlines an extensive range of incentives. See the new incentive that Aena offers airlines in 2017 and discover which one suits your type of operation best:
- For new routes;
- For increasing number of passengers on a route: on long-haul routes, on airports with less than three million passengers and seasonal airports during the off-peak season;
- Off-peak days;
- Connecting flights;
- Freight: is exempted of cargo charge from the 5 July 2014;
- The Spanish Governement has approved an 11% reduction in all the airport charges in the period 2017-2021 (2.2% annually). It will be effective as of 1 March 2017.
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme and PR support are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/promotional-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): email@example.com
Market information: statistics and market analysis on request at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 30-minute catchment: 456,309.
- 60-minute catchment: 2,478,033.
- 120-minute catchment: 4,174,477.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- Fourth largest Spanish airport in terms of cargo volume ‒ 52,135 tonnes of cargo processed in 2016.
- Regional hub of DHL connecting to destinations all around Europe.
Airport cargo area features
- More than 12,500 square metres of warehouses and offices for the use of cargo handling agents;
- A 3,500-metre runway and a specific apron for cargo aircraft, which allows the operation of all types of aircraft;
- Short distances between cargo terminals and parking sites;
- It can attend to commercial flights on demand, at any time of the day, if requested following the indications on the Vitoria Airport website;
- Simple and efficient infrastructure that speeds up the management of cargo, making faster delivery times possible and thus reducing costs.
- Strategic location, in the Atlantic Arc, in the centre of a 300 km radius which includes some of the main economic and industrial hubs of the Peninsula (Madrid and Bilbao) and the south-west of France (Bordeaux and Toulouse);
- Four handling operators with their own warehouses for handling goods and a controlled temperature storage facility for perishable goods.
For further details, please go to: http://www.aena.es
Cargo incentives scheme
- Freight is exempted of cargo charge from the 5 July 2014. For further details, please go to: http://www.aena.es/en/commercial/cargo.html
- For freight opportunities go to: http://www.aena.es/en/commercial/cargo.html
- For further information, please contact email@example.com
- Vitoria Airport is located approximately nine kilometres north-east of the capital of Alava.
- N-624 road, connects Vitoria with Bilbao. The distance from the centre of the capital to the road accessing the airport is eight kilometres ‒ the journey takes up to 10 minutes depending on the transport option.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runway(s): One (3,500m).
- Slot Coordinated: Facilitated
- Operating hours:
- Summer: Monday-Friday 00:00-06:30 and 18:30-24:00; Sunday 20:15-24:00.
- Winter: Monday-Friday 00:00-07:30 and 19:30-24:00; Sunday 21:15-24:00.
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: http://www.enaire.es/csee/Satellite/navegacion-aerea/es/Page/1078418725163/?other=1083158950596#ancla3
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
For more regional information please go to:
- Passengers (commercial): 29,324 domestic passengers; 7,107 international passengers.
- Air Transport Movements: 0.5% scheduled flights; 99.5% charter flights.
- Freight: 52,135 tonnes.