- Vilnius Airport is the fastest growing airport in the Baltic region.
- 2017 was extraordinary year for the airport as it was closed during the peak time for runway reconstruction. Nevertheless the level of passenger carried was kept the same comared to 2016 (3.8 million).
- Competitive airport charges – among the lowest in the region.
- Attractive incentives and active marketing cooperation.
- Largest economy in the Baltics.
- Biggest O&D market in the Baltics.
- Vilnius Airport Incentive scheme.
- De Minimis support for new routes and frequency increase. Up to 200 000 Euros for 3 years.
- Possible support from Vilnius municipality.
- Marketing support from Vilnius Airport.
- 1 hour catchment area 0.8 million.
- 2 hours catchment area 2.0 million.
- 3 hours catchment area 4.0+ million.
Head of Aviation Services
+370 5 2739383
+370 614 46702
- Vilnius is easily reachable direct by train, local and shuttle busses. There are also direct intercity services to Kaunas, Klaipeda, Riga and Minsk from Vilnius Airport.
- The airport is conveniently connected to Kaunas and Klaipeda via the A1 motorway, and to Riga via the A2 motorway.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runways: 1 – length of 2 550 metres.
- Slot Coordinated?: No.
- Operating hours: 24h/7 days.
- Terminals: Single terminal. The capacity of the terminal is more than 3.5 million passengers.
- Min. connect time: 30 minutes.
- Other relevant Infrastructure & Operations details: 6 jet bridges, 6 self check-in kiosks.
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
- Currently Vilnius Airport is reconstructing and upgraging the terminal to make customer service even better and increase overall capacity of the terminal. For more information please click here
- Baggage handling system reconstruction till 2019.
- Self baggage drop – off kiosks till 2019.
- Passenger numbers: 3.8 million passengers in 2017. Airport statistics can be found here.
- Largest carriers: Ryanair, Wizz Air, airBaltic, Lufthansa and LOT.