- Vilnius Airport is the fastest growing airport in the Baltic region.
- 2016 was another record breaking year for the airport, with 3.8 million annual passengers. (+14.3% comparing to 2015).
- Competitive airport charges – among the lowest in the region.
- Attractive incentives and active marketing cooperation.
- Largest economy in the Baltics.
- Biggest O&D market in the Baltics.
- Vilnius Airport Incentive scheme.
- De Minimis support for new routes and frequency increase. Up to 200 000 Euros for 3 years.
- Possible support from Vilnius municipality.
- Marketing support from Vilnius Airport.
- 1 hour catchment area 0.8 million.
- 2 hours catchment area 2.0 million.
- 3 hours catchment area 4.0+ million.
Head of Aviation Services
+370 5 2739383
+370 614 46702
- Vilnius is easily reachable direct by train, local and shuttle busses. There are also direct intercity services to Kaunas, Klaipeda, Riga and Minsk from Vilnius Airport.
- The airport is conveniently connected to Kaunas and Klaipeda via the A1 motorway, and to Riga via the A2 motorway.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runways: 1 – length of 2 550 metres.
- Slot Coordinated?: No.
- Operating hours: 24h/7 days.
- Terminals: Single terminal. The capacity of the terminal is more than 3.5 million passengers.
- Min. connect time: 30 minutes.
- Other relevant Infrastructure & Operations details: 6 jet bridges, 6 self check-in kiosks.
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
- Reconstruction of the runway of Vilnius Airport will be conducted during the period from 14 July 2017 to 17 August 2017, 11:59 p.m. Kaunas will be the capital of flights during the 35 summer days with the majority of flights being directed to this airport. See here for more information.
- Baggage handling system reconstruction till 2019.
- Self baggage drop – off kiosks till 2019.
- Passenger numbers: 3.8 million passengers in 2016 (an increase of 14% over 2015). Airport statistics can be found here.
- Largest carriers: Ryanair, Wizz Air, airBaltic, Lufthansa and LOT.