Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Please, contact the Aena S.A. Route Development Marketing Team for detailed information.
- Vigo’s estuary is the city’s real treasure; it is protected by Cíes Island, a natural park located 14 kilometres from the coast.
- The beach of Rodas was once considered as the best in the world by the British newspaper The Guardian.
- Vigo has the largest fishing port in Europe and hosts the European Fisheries Agency. It is also one of the leading industrial areas in Galicia with factories like PSA Peugeot Citröen and Pescanova.
- Cuisine, sports and adventures are some of the region’s attractions. Vigo offers more than 705,000m2 of forest park where tourists can enjoy cycling, hiking and trekking, among other sports.
Marketing and other support
- For increasing number of passengers on a route;
- Off-peak flights;
- Connecting flights;
- Freight: is exempted of cargo charge from the 5 July 2014;
- Note: A 1.9% reduction in all the airport charges will be effective on 1st March 2016.
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme and PR support are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations, temporary discounts on parking, VIP lounges, shops and F&B, etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/promotional-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): email@example.com
Market information: statistics and market analysis on request at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 30-minute catchment: 689,482.
- 60-minute catchment: 1,203,732.
- 120-minute catchment: 2,305,944.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- The airport is nine kilometres from Vigo’s city centre and 28 kilometres from the city of Pontevedra.
- The airport can be easily reached on the N-556 road from Vigo, N-555 from Redondela and A-52 from Orense. The two first roads also link up with the AP-9 motorway leading to Bayona, Pontevedra and Portugal.
- C9A: Plaza América – Airport (every 30 minutes).
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runways: One (2,385m).
- Operating hours: Summer 04:30-22:30 – Winter 05:30-23:30 UTC.
- Plus two hours – Prior permission required 30 minutes before airport closes. Hours extended only for cargo aircraft expressly authorised by the airport.
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: http://www.enaire.es/csee/Satellite/navegacion-aerea/es/Page/1078418725163/?other=1083158950596&other2=1091168248893#ancla357
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
For more regional information please go to:
- Passengers (commercial):
- 673,598 domestic passengers;
- 38,152 international passengers.
- Air transport movements: 99% scheduled flights; 1% charter flights.
- Freight: 537 tonnes.
- Largest carriers: Iberia Express, Air Europa, Vueling, Air France and Air Nostrum.