Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Valladolid has an important automobile industry (IVECO, FASA-Renault, Michelin).
- Valladolid International Film is held annually since 1956.
- Valladolid is connected to Madrid by high-speed train, highly reducing the time journey between these two cities (1 hour).
- Major wine region (Ribera del Duero and Rueda).
- Potential for untapped demand & cultural tourism.
- Valladolid airport has implemented an Integrated Quality and Environmental Management System, certified according to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards.
Marketing and other support
- For new routes;
- For increasing number of passengers on a route: on long-haul routes, on airports with less than three million passengers and seasonal airports during the off-peak season;
- Off-peak days;
- Connecting flights;
- Freight: is exempted of cargo charge from the 5 July 2014;
- Airport charges decrease on average by 2.2% annually until 2021.
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/promotional-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): firstname.lastname@example.org
Market information: statistics and market analysis on request at email@example.com
- 30-minute catchment: 445,400.
- 60-minute catchment: 693,900.
- 120-minute catchment: 2,300,000.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- Valladolid Airport is located 10 kilometres from the provincial capital.
- The access road for the airport is the N-601 Adanero-Gijon. From Valladolid take the exit heading towards Leon.
- Alsa bus line:
- Linecar bus line:
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runway(s): Two (3,005m; 907m).
- Slot Coordinated: Facilitated.
- Operating hours: Summer 06:30-19:15; Winter 07:30-20:15.
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: Airport Information Publication (AIP)
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
For more regional information please go to:
- Passengers (commercial): 225,900 domestic passengers; 27,400 international passengers.
- Air transport movements: 88% scheduled flights; 12% charter flights.
- Freight: 149.7 tons.
- Largest carriers: Ryanair, Vueling, Evelop Airlines, Enter Air and Air Europa.