Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Valladolid has an important automobile industry (IVECO, FASA-Renault, Michelin).
- Valladolid International Film is held annually since 1956.
- Valladolid is connected to Madrid by high-speed train, highly reducing the time journey between these two cities (1 hour).
- Major wine region (Ribera del Duero and Rueda).
- Potential for untapped demand & cultural tourism.
- Valladolid airport has implemented an Integrated Quality and Environmental Management System, certified according to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards.
- Information about COVID-19 measures in place can be found at Info COVID-19.
Marketing and other support
Aena offers airlines an extensive range of incentives. See the new incentive that Aena offers in 2020 and discover which one suit your type of operation best:
- Operation recovery.
- Off-peak days.
- Connecting flights.
- Freight: Exempted of cargo charge from the 5th of July 2014
- Airport charges decrease on average by 2,2% annually until 2021
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information, please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations, etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information, please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/airport-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): email@example.com
Market information: statistics & market analysis on request at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 30-minute catchment: 445,400.
- 60-minute catchment: 693,900.
- 120-minute catchment: 2,300,000.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- Valladolid Airport is located 10 kilometres from the provincial capital.
- The access road for the airport is the N-601 Adanero-Gijon. From Valladolid take the exit heading towards Leon.
- Alsa bus line:
- Linecar bus line:
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runway(s): Two (3,005m; 907m).
- Slot Coordinated: Facilitated.
- Operating hours: Summer 06:30-19:15; Winter 07:30-20:15.
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: Airport Information Publication (AIP)
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
For more regional information please go to:
- Passengers (commercial): 224,100 domestic pax; 25,200 international pax.
- Flights: 89% regular; 12% charter
- Freight: 10.8 tons
- Largest carriers: Ryanair, Vueling, Evelop Airlines and Air Europa.