Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Valladolid is an important city in the automotive industry (IVECO, FASA-Renault, Michelin).
- Valladolid International Film has been held annually since 1956.
- Valladolid is connected to Madrid by high-speed train, highly reducing the time journey between these two cities (one hour).
- Major wine region (Ribera del Duero and Rueda).
- Potential for untapped demand and cultural tourism.
Marketing and other support
- For new routes;
- For increasing number of passengers on a route: on long-haul routes, on airports with less than three million passengers and seasonal airports during the off-peak season;
- Off-peak days;
- Connecting flights;
- Freight: is exempted of cargo charge from the 5 July 2014;
- Airport charges decrease on average by 2.2% annually until 2021.
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/promotional-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): email@example.com
Market information: statistics and market analysis on request at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 30-minute catchment: 445,447.
- 60-minute catchment: 693,948.
- 120-minute catchment: 2,289,237.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- Valladolid Airport is located 10 kilometres from the provincial capital.
- The access road for the airport is the N-601 Adanero-Gijon. From Valladolid take the exit heading towards Leon.
- Alsa bus line:
- Linecar bus line:
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runway(s): Two (3,005m; 907m).
- Slot Coordinated: Facilitated.
- Operating hours: Summer 06:30-19:15; Winter 07:30-20:15.
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: Airport Information Publication (AIP)
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
For more regional information please go to:
- Passengers (commercial): 197,357 domestic passengers; 23,778 international passengers.
- Air transport movements: 86% scheduled flights; 14% charter flights.
- Freight: 25.54 tons.
- Largest carriers: Ryanair, Vueling, Air Europa, Evelop Airlines and Enter Air.