2,400 one way indirect passengers in 2012
Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Economic, industrial & tourist centre; key port in the Mediterranean Sea.
- As America’s Cup 2007 host, Valencia became well known worldwide.
- From 2008, Valencia hosts F1’s Telefonica European Grand Prix.
Marketing and other support
- Incentives are available in the Spanish airports in 2013:
- New route incentive: 50% discount in passenger and security charges during the first year of operation of the new route to a new destinations and 25% discount in the second year.
- Transfer incentive: 20% discount in passenger and security charges for connecting passengers.
- PR support for new routes such as:
- Opening flight ceremony: a press release, water cannon salute at the opening flight.
- Promotional discounts: Discount at the Airport’s parking for the passengers of the new route, discounts at participating airport food & beverage points, discount at the Airport´s VIP lounge for the passengers of the route.
- Promotion of the new route: Promotion of the new route at Aena’s web page, social networks…
- Publicity at the airport: Space at the airport for publicity
- For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Possible cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): email@example.com
- Market information: statistics & market analysis on request at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To contact the local authorities, please go to http://www.valenciaterraimar.org
- Within 30 min: 2,008,302
- Within 60 min: 2,891,145
- Within 120 min: 5,105,464
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- For freight opportunities go to: http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite/comercial/en/Page/1237559484370/Air-cargo.html
- For further information, please contact email@example.com
- Valencia Airport is located eight kilometres to the west of the city.
- It is easily accessed from the national road N-220, which connects the A-3 and the V-30.
- Line 150: Valencia-Airport.
There are two underground lines which link the airport, the city centre and the port:
- Line 3. Rafelbunyol-Airport
- Line 5. Maritim Serreria – Torrent Av. / Airport
Infrastructure & Operations:
- Runways: 1 runway (3,215 metres)
- Slot Coordinated: Facilitated
- Operating hours: 24 hours
- Terminals: 2
- AIP: http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite/navegacion-aerea/en/Page/1078418725163/?other=1083158950596&other2=1091168248725#ancla352
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
For more regional information please go to:
- Passengers (commercial): 1,612,318 domestic passengers; 3,122,345 international passengers.
- Air Transport Movements: 98.4% scheduled flights; 1.6% charter flights.
- Freight: 11,125 tonnes.
- Largest carriers (Top 10): Ryanair, Air Nostrum, AirEuropa, Vueling, SWISS, easyJet, Wizz Air, transavia.com, airberlin, Lufthansa.