Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Economic, industrial & tourist center; key port in the Mediterranean Sea.
- As America’s Cup 2007 host, Valencia became well known worldwide.
- Between 2008 and 2012, Valencia has hosted F1’s Telefonica European Grand Prix..
- Las Fallas is a traditional celebration held in commemoration of Saint Joseph (19th of March).
- La Tomatina is a festival held in the Valencian town of Buñol, located 30 km from the Mediterranean, in which participants throw tomatoes and get involved in this tomato fight purely for fun. It is held on the last Wednesday of August, during the week of the festivities of Buñol.
- The Port of Valencia is the 5th busiest container port in Europe and the largest on the Mediterranean.
- Valencia Airport quality and environment certifications are: ISO 14001 and ISO 9001.
- Valencia airport received an award for the maintenance of AENOR certification in environmental management systems and quality in 2011.
- Valencia Airport was certified by the Spanish Aviation Agency (AESA), according to EU 139/2014 regulation.
Marketing and other support
- For new routes.
- • For increasing number of passengers on a route: on long-haul routes, on airports with less than 3 million passengers and seasonal airports during the off-peak season.
- Off-peak days.
- Connecting flights.
- Freight: Exempted of cargo charge from the 5th of July 2014
- Airport charges decrease on average by 2,2% annually until 2021
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations, etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/promotional-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): firstname.lastname@example.org
Market information: statistics and market analysis on request at email@example.com
- 30-minute catchment: 2,100,00.
- 60-minute catchment: 3,100,000.
- 120-minute catchment: 5,000,000.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- Valencia Airport is located 8 km to the west of the capital.
- It is easily accessed from the national road N-220, which connects the A-3 and the V-30.
- Line 150: Valencia-Airport
There are two underground lines which link the airport, the city centre and the port:
- Line 3. Rafelbunyol-Airport
- Line 5. Maritim Serreria – Torrent Av. / Airport
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runway(s): One (3,215m).
- Slot Coordinated: Coordinated.
- Operating hours: 24 hours.
- Terminals: Two.
- AIP: Aeronautical Information Publication (AIP)
For more regional information please go to:
- Passengers (commercial): 2.1 millions domestic pax; 5.7 millions international pax.
- Flights: 99% regular; 1% charter.
- Freight: 14,500 tons.
- Largest carriers (top five): Ryanair, Vueling, Air Nostrum, Air Europa, and Lufthansa.