Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Economic, industrial & tourist centre; key port in the Mediterranean Sea.
- As America’s Cup 2007 host, Valencia became well known worldwide.
- Since 2008, Valencia has hosted F1’s Telefonica European Grand Prix.
- Las Fallas is a traditional celebration held in commemoration of Saint José (19 March).
- La Tomatina. It is a festival held in the Valencian town of Buñol, located 30km from the Mediterranean, in which participants throw tomatoes and get involved in this tomato fight purely for fun. It is held on the last Wednesday of August, during the week of the festivities of Buñol.
- The Port of Valencia is the fifth busiest container port in Europe and the largest on the Mediterranean.
Marketing and other support
Aena offers airlines an extensive range of incentives. See the new incentive that Aena offers airlines in 2017 and discover which one suits your type of operation best:
- For new routes;
- For increasing number of passengers on a route: on long-haul routes, on airports with less than three million passengers and seasonal airports during the off-peak season;
- Off-peak days;
- Connecting flights;
- Freight: is exempted of cargo charge from the 5 July 2014;
- The Spanish Governement has approved an 11% reduction in all the airport charges in the period 2017-2021 (2.2% annually). It will be effective as of 1 March 2017.
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme and PR support are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/promotional-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): email@example.com
Market information: statistics and market analysis on request at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the local authorities, please go to http://www.valenciaterraimar.org
- 30-minute catchment: 2,059,308.
- 60-minute catchment: 3,066,747.
- 120-minute catchment: 4,972,477.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- Valencia Airport is located eight kilometres to the west of the capital.
- It is easily accessed from the national road N-220, which connects the A-3 and the V-30.
- Line 150: Valencia-Airport.
There are two underground lines which link the airport, the city centre and the port:
- Line 3. Rafelbunyol-Airport.
- Line 5. Maritim Serreria – Torrent Av. / Airport.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runway(s): One (3,215m).
- Slot Coordinated: Coordinated.
- Operating hours: 24 hours.
- Terminals: Two.
For more regional information please go to:
- Passengers (commercial): 1.6m domestic passengers; 4.2m international passengers.
- Air Transport Movements: 99% scheduled flights; 1% charter flights.
- Freight: 12,581 tonnes.
- Largest carriers (top five): Ryanair, Vueling, Air Europa, Air Nostrum and SWISS.