Other major reasons to serve this airport
Superb beaches and natural/cultural beauty. The airport has a wide catchment area which includes Sciacca, Palermo (within 100km), and Argigento (168km). The area has a good network of B-roads and major highways linking the airport to popular tourist attractions such as Mazara del Vallo, the Valley of the Temples, Erice, Scopello, Selinunte, Segesta, San Vito and the Egadis Islands.
Marketing and other support
The airport is totally open to suggestions for charges incentives and advertising support.
- Scopello: 60km/45 min
- Argrigento: 170km /2hr
- Mazara del Vallo: 40km/40 min
- Marsala: 15km/15 min
- Palermo: 115km/1hr 15 min
- Selinunte: 100km/1hr 15 min
- San Vinto: 65km/1hr
- Segesta: 40km/25 min
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
Please contact us for more information on freight opportunities
Infrastructure & Operations
- Nine stands, 737-800 compliant for self-manoeuvring and taxi-out
- 2,695 metre runway with Instrument Landing System
- Not slot coordinated
- Operating hours: 24hr
- Single terminal with new first floor retail and food and beverage area.
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
While both the air terminal and airside areas are currently under expansion, the airport is still able to handle further growth while maintaining high safety and service standards. The development objectives are: Traffic growth to 3.5 million passengers by 2014 – catered for by the land and airside developments including enhanced shopping and restaurant facilities for passengers.
- Passenger numbers
- 2009: 1 million
- 2010 (expected): circa 2 million (+93%! )
- Currently handling 3,000 pax/day