Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Island with important tourism attractions. Nice beaches and nature reserves. Two World Heritage Sites, El Teide, the third largest volcano in the world, and the city San Cristobal de la Laguna.
- Great facilities to play water sports such as sailing, diving as well as other sports like golf.
- Experience visiting one of the largest lava tube in the world: “Cave of the Wind” is the largest volcanic tube in the European Union with a length of 17 kilometres and 5th in the world (after 4 volcanic tubes located in Hawaii).
- Carnival on this island has become one of the world’s largest celebrations. It is an explosion of joy and freedom that perfectly brings together the essence of this universal fiesta.
- The gastronomy is one of the strengths of the island: try the famous papas arrugadas with mojo picón.
- Wide variety in climate and height, you can either enjoy warm temperatures sunbathing at the beach or see the snow on El Teide.
- Tenerife South Airport has implemented an Integrated Quality and Environmental Management System, certified according to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards. By the end of 2003 the airport is in the European EMAS register, that promotes the improvement of environmental performance.
- The Airport gained recognition from the Premio Solidario ONCE Canarias (ONCE Canarias Charity Prize), under the Public Administration Level category, for offering an appropriate quality of service to people with reduced mobility in 2018.
- Tenerife South Airport was certified by the Spanish Aviation Agency (AESA), according to EU 139/2014 regulation.
Marketing and other support
Aena offers airlines an extensive range of incentives. See the new incentive that Aena offers in 2019 and discover which one suit your type of operation best:
- For new routes;
- For increasing number of passengers on a route: on long-haul routes, on airports with less than 3 million passengers and seasonal airports during the off-peak season.
- Off-peak days;
- Connecting flights;
- Freight: is exempted of cargo charge from the 5 July 2014;
- Airport charges decrease on average by 2.2% annually until 2021.
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations, etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/airport-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): email@example.com
Market information: statistics and market analysis on request at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There are nearly 904,713 people living on the island.
- There are 2.1 million people living across the Canary Islands.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- Tenerife Sur is located 18 km from ‘Los Cristianos’ in the south of the island, in the heart of the tourist area.
- There is a direct access to Tenerife South Airport from the TF-1 motorway, which links Santa Cruz de Tenerife with the south, east and north of the island.
- Line 111: Santa Cruz-Airport South-Los Cristianos-Costa Adeje.
- Line 343: Puerto de la Cruz-Airport North-Airport South-Los Cristianos.
- Line 450: Costa Adeje-San Isidro.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runways(s): One (3,200m).
- Slot Coordinated: Coordinated.
- Operating hours: 24 hours.
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: Aeronautical Information Publication
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
For more regional information please go to:
- Canary Island government: http://www.gobcan.es/
- Santa Cruz de Tenerife Town Hall: http://www.sctfe.es
- Tenerife Carnival: http://www.carnavaltenerife.com
- Tenerife Island Council Tourist Office: http://www.todotenerife.es
- Tourism in Canary Island: http://www.hellocanaryislands.com/
- Tourism in Spain: http://www.spain.info
- Passengers (commercial): 1.0 million domestic passengers; 10.0m international passengers.
- Flights: 84% regular; 16% charter.
- Freight: 2,500 tonnes.
- Largest carriers (top five): Ryanair, Thomson Airways, Jet2.com, easyJet and Norwegian.