Other major reasons to serve this airport
Island with important tourism attractions. Nice beaches and nature reserves. Two World Heritage Sites, El Teide, the third largest volcano in the world, and the city San Cristobal de la Laguna.
- Great facilities to play water sports such as sailing, diving as well as other sports like golf.
- Experience visiting one of the largest lava tube in the world: “Cave of the Wind” is the largest volcanic tube in the European Union with a length of 17 kilometres and 5th in the world (after 4 volcanic tubes located in Hawaii).
- Carnival on this island has become one of the world’s largest celebrations. It is an explosion of joy and freedom that perfectly brings together the essence of this universal fiesta.
- The gastronomy is one of the strengths of the island: try the famous bananas and papas arrugadas with mojo picon.
- Wide variety in climate and height, you can either enjoy warm temperatures sunbathing at the beach or see the snow on El Teide.
- Tenerife South Airport has implemented an Integrated Quality and Environmental Management System, certified according to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards. By the end of 2003 the airport is in the European EMAS register, that promotes the improvement of environmental performance.
- The Airport gained recognition from the Premio Solidario ONCE Canarias (ONCE Canarias Charity Prize), under the Public Administration Level category, for offering an appropriate quality of service to people with reduced mobility in 2018.
- Tenerife South Airport was certified by the Spanish Aviation Agency (AESA), according to EU 139/2014 regulation.
- Information about COVID-19 measures in place can be found at Info COVID-19.
Marketing and other support
- Operation recovery.
- Off-peak days.
- Connecting flights.
- Freight: Exempted of cargo charge from the 5th of July 2014
- Airport charges decrease on average by 2,2% annually until 2021
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information, please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations, etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information, please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/airport-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): firstname.lastname@example.org
Market information: statistics & market analysis on request at email@example.com
- There are nearly 904,713 people living on the island.
- There are 2.1 million people living across the Canary Islands.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- Tenerife Sur is located 18 km from ‘Los Cristianos’ in the south of the island, in the heart of the tourist area.
- There is a direct access to Tenerife South Airport from the TF-1 motorway, which links Santa Cruz de Tenerife with the south, east and north of the island.
- Line 40: Costa Adeje-Los Cristianos – Tenerife South Airport
- Line 111: Santa Cruz – Tenerife South Airport
- Line 711: Santa Cruz- Tenerife South Airport -Los Cristianos-Costa Adeje
- Line 343: Puerto de la Cruz – Tenerife North Airport – Tenerife South Airport – Los Cristianos.
- Line 415: El Fraile-Airport-San Isidro
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runways(s): One (3,200m).
- Slot Coordinated: Coordinated.
- Operating hours: 24 hours.
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: Aeronautical Information Publication
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
For more regional information please go to:
- Canary Island government: http://www.gobcan.es/
- Santa Cruz de Tenerife Town Hall: http://www.sctfe.es
- Tenerife Carnival: http://www.carnavaltenerife.com
- Tenerife Island Council Tourist Office: http://www.todotenerife.es
- Tourism in Canary Island: http://www.hellocanaryislands.com/
- Tourism in Spain: http://www.spain.info
- Passengers (commercial): 1.1 million domestic pax; 10.0 millions international pax.
- Flights: 85% regular; 15% charter.
- Freight: 2,200 tons
- Largest carriers (Top 5): Ryanair, Jet2.com, easyJet, TUI Airways and Norwegian.