New routes and frequency possibilities and why these routes would work
Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Tenerife is an island with important tourism attractions, offering nice beaches and nature reserves, along with two World Heritage Sites.
- Tenerife has a population of more than 900,000 inhabitants and 1,559 lodgings with more than 405,800 beds.
- Adequate facilities to play sports such as sailing, golf, diving, etc.
Marketing and other support
- Incentives are available in the Spanish airports in 2013:
- New route incentive: 50% discount on the passenger and security charges during the first year of operation of a new route to a new destination, and 25% discount on the second year.
- Off-Peak day incentive: 50% discount in the landing and passenger charges for operations into Canary Island airports during off-peak days.
- Transfer incentive: 20% discount in the passenger and security charges for the passengers in connecting flights.
- PR support for new routes such as:
- Opening flight ceremony: a press release and water cannon salute for the launch flight.
- Promotional discounts: Discounts at the airport’s parking for the passengers of the new route; discounts at participating airport food & beverage stores; discounts at the Airport´s VIP lounge for the passengers of the new route.
- Promotion of the new route: Promotion of the new route at Aena’s web page, social networks etc.
- Publicity at the airport: Advertising space at the airport for publicity
For further information, please contact email@example.com.
- Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Market information: statistics & market analysis on request at email@example.com
To contact the local authorities, please go to http://www.todotenerife.es/en/contact/
- One million residents on the island
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- For freight opportunities go to: http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite/comercial/en/Page/1237559484370//Air-cargo.html
- For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attractive Fiscal and Economic Incentives — the island’s “special status” within the European Union permits it to have reduced direct and indirect taxation as well as various fiscal incentives and economic aid for business investment:
- Reduced Taxation
- Canary Islands Special Zone (ZEC). A low Corporation Tax Zone (4%) that promotes the establishment of new businesses, conditional upon minimum levels of investment and job creation.
- Discount for production of tangible assets. An incentive that offers a 50% reduction on tax liability on profits attributed, to production and industrial activities.
- Canary Islands General Indirect Tax. A tax that is similar to VAT but specific to the Canary Islands and with lower applicable rates. The general rate is 5%.
- Special taxes. The taxes on fuels, alcoholic drinks, and certain types of transport are significantly lower than those in the rest of the European Union.
- Tenerife Sur is located 17 kilometres from Los Cristianos in the south of the island, in the heart of the tourist area.
- There is a direct access to Tenerife Sur Airport from the TF-1 motorway, which links Santa Cruz de Tenerife with the south, east and north of the island.
- Line 111: Santa Cruz –Airport South-Los Cristianos-Costa Adeje.
- Line 343: Puerto de la Cruz- Airport North-Airport South-Los Cristianos.
- Line 450: Costa Adeje-San Isidro
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runways: One runway (3,200 metres).
- Slot Coordinated: Coordinated
- Operating hours: 24 hours.
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite/navegacion-aerea/es/Page/1078418725163/?other=1083158950596&other2=1091168248641#ancla351
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
For more regional information please go to:
- Canary Island government: http://www.canarias-turismo.com
- Santa Cruz de Tenerife Town Hall: http://www.sctfe.es
- Tenerife Carnival: http://www.carnavaltenerife.com
- Tenerife Island Council Tourist Office: http://www.todotenerife.es
- Tourism in Spain: http://www.spain.info
- Passengers (commercial): 846,303 domestic passengers; 7,534,764 international passengers.
- Air Transport Movements: 64.8% scheduled flights; 35.2% charter flights.
- Freight: 3,905 tonnes.
- Largest carriers (Top 10): Ryanair, Thomson Airways, Monarch Airlines, Thomas Cook UK, airberlin, Condor, easyJet, TUIfly, Jet2.com, Thomas Cook Scandinavia.