Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Island with important tourism attractions. Nice beaches and nature reserves. Two World Heritage Sites.
- Tenerife has a population of more than 900,000 inhabitants and 1,559 lodgings with more than 405,800 beds.
- Good facilities to play sports such as sailing, golf, diving, etc.
Marketing and other support
- For new routes;
- For increasing number of passengers on a route: on long-haul routes, on airports with less than three million passengers and seasonal airports during the off-peak season;
- Off-peak days;
- Connecting flights;
- Freight: is exempted of cargo charge from the 5 July 2014;
- The Spanish Government has approved a 11% reduction in all airport charges in the period 2017-2021 (2.2% annually). It is effective as of 1 March 2017.
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/promotional-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): firstname.lastname@example.org
Market information: statistics and market analysis on request at email@example.com
To contact the local authorities, please go to http://www.todotenerife.es
- There are 2.1 million people living across the Canary Islands.
- 891,111 people are living in Tenerife.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- Tenerife Norte Airport is located 11 kilometres from Santa Cruz, in the town of San Cristobal de la Laguna.
- Access to the airport is via the TF-5 motorway which links Santa Cruz de Tenerife and Puerto de la Cruz.
- Line 102: Santa Cruz-Aeropuerto Norte-Puerto de la Cruz-Aeropuerto Norte
- Line 107: Santa Cruz-Aeropuerto Norte-Buenavista.
- Line 108: Santa Cruz-Aeropuerto Norte-Icod de los Vinos.
- Line 343: Puerto de la Cruz-Aeropuerto Norte-Aeropuerto Sur-Los Cristianos.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runway(s): One (3,171 m).
- Slot Coordinated: Facilitated.
- Operating hours: Summer 06:00-22:00; Winter 07:00-23:00 GMT.
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: http://www.enaire.es/csee/Satellite/navegacion-aerea/es/Page/1078418725163/?other=1083158950596&other2=1083857760210#ancla3
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
For more regional information please go to:
- Canary Island government
- Santa Cruz de Tenerife Town Hall
- Tenerife Carnival
- Tenerife Island Council Tourist Office
- Tourism in Canary Island
- Tourism in Spain
- Passengers (commercial): 4,130,880 domestic passengers; 76,354 international passengers.
- Air Transport Movements: 99% scheduled flights; 1% charter flights.
- Freight: 12,696 tonnes.
- Largest carriers (top five): Binter+Naysa, Air Europa, Iberia Express, Vueling and Norwegian.