Other major reasons to serve this airport
Island with important tourism attractions. Nice beaches and nature reserves. Two World Heritage Sites, El Teide, the third largest volcano in the world, and the city San Cristobal de la Laguna.
- Great facilities to play water sports such as sailing, diving as well as other sports like golf.
- Experience visiting one of the largest lava tube in the world: “Cave of the Wind” is the largest volcanic tube in the European Union with a length of 17 kilometres and 5th in the world (after 4 volcanic tubes located in Hawaii).
- Carnival on this island has become one of the world’s largest celebrations. It is an explosion of joy and freedom that perfectly brings together the essence of this universal fiesta.
- The gastronomy is one of the strengths of the island: try the famous bananas and papas arrugadas with mojo picon.
- Wide variety in climate and height, you can either enjoy warm temperatures sunbathing at the beach or see the snow on El Teide.
- Tenerife North Airport has implemented an Integrated Quality and Environmental Management System, certified according to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards.
- Tenerife North airport is among the 10 best in the world and the best in Spain in the annual ranking of AirHelp Score, the company that specializes in air passenger rights.
- Tenerife North Airport was certified by the Spanish Aviation Agency (AESA), according to EU 139/2014 regulation.
- Information about COVID-19 measures in place can be found at Info COVID-19.
Marketing and other support
- Operation recovery.
- Off-peak days.
- Connecting flights.
- Freight: Exempted of cargo charge from the 5th of July 2014
- Airport charges decrease on average by 2,2% annually until 2021
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information, please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations, etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information, please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/airport-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): firstname.lastname@example.org
Market information: statistics & market analysis on request at email@example.com
- There are 2.1 million people living across the Canary Islands.
- 904,713 people live in Tenerife.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- Tenerife Norte Airport is located 11 kilometres from Santa Cruz, in the town of San Cristobal de la Laguna.
- Access to the airport is via the TF-5 motorway which links Santa Cruz de Tenerife and Puerto de la Cruz.
- Line 102: Santa Cruz-Aeropuerto Norte-Puerto de la Cruz-Aeropuerto Norte
- Line 107: Santa Cruz-Aeropuerto Norte-Buenavista.
- Line 108: Santa Cruz-Aeropuerto Norte-Icod de los Vinos.
- Line 343: Puerto de la Cruz-Aeropuerto Norte-Aeropuerto Sur-Los Cristianos.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runway(s): One (3,171 m).
- Slot Coordinated: Facilitated.
- Operating hours: Summer 06:00-22:00; Winter 07:00-23:00 GMT.
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: Aeronautical Information Publication (AIP)
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
For more regional information please go to:
- Canary Island government
- Santa Cruz de Tenerife Town Hall
- Tenerife Carnival
- Tenerife Island Council Tourist Office
- Tourism in Canary Island
- Tourism in Spain
- Passengers (commercial): 5,8 millions domestic pax; 81,600 international pax.
- Flights: 99% regular; 1% charter
- Freight: 12,600 tons.
- Largest carriers (Top 5): Binter, Vueling, Air Europa, Iberia Express and Canaryfly.