Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Our catchment area is the 2nd biggest in Denmark outside Copenhagen with a maximum potential of 2.2 million outgoing flights a year.
- The Danish-German border region, Sonderjylland-Schleswig, is the natural hub between Scandinavia and Northern Europe. The border region is an ideal location for industry and distribution headquarters. There are more than 100.000 companies in the catchment area and the population of the border region consists of 4.0 million people
- Big International companies like Danfoss, Siemens, Hydro, Linak and Ecco Shoes have their headquarters on the Danish side of the border. For example Danfoss has more than employees 31,000 worldwide and its headquarters, near Sonderborg Airport, controls more than 70 factories in more than 25 countries.
Marketing and other support
- SGD offers competitive charges on non-served destinations
- Zero take-off charge for new year-round services (start-up support)
- Press-release, press-trips
- Electronic marketing: new and on-going activities are heavily promoted through our Newsletter
- Advertising in local media (e.g. radio)
- Cooperation with local tourist board
- Statistics and marketing analysis on request
- For more information, please visit: www.sonderborg-airport.com
- 60 minutes catchment area: 523.535 people – 261.883 jobs – 39.935 companies
- 75 minutes catchment area: 986.783 people – 493.016 jobs – 75.849 companies
- 90 minutes catchment area: 1.610.020 people – 809.454 jobs – 119.320 companies
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
Please contact us for more information on freight opportunities
- Sønderborg Airport is conveniently located 8 km from Sønderborg, less than 30 km from the Danish-German border and approx 3.5 hours from Copenhagen
Infrastructure & Operations:
- Runways: 1, 14/32 – 1797m
- Sønderborg Airport is not slot constrained.
- Operating hours: 0600-2200 Mon-Fri, 0630-1600 Sat, 1000-2000 Sun, 1000-1600 public holidays
- Terminals: 1
- Car-parking: More than 300 free parking bays
- Infrastructure in the passenger terminal: Ticket & Information counter, Café, Car Rental Counters.
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
- The major infrastructure development at present is the Kliplev-Sønderborg Motorway (2013)
- Passenger numbers: Based on one route: approx 80.000 in 2008, of which 85% is business travel.
- Sønderborg Airport is the homebase of Air Alsie, the Scandinavian leader in executive jet service
Airport charges: www.sonderborg-airport.com