The coastal city of Sohar, the main city in the Batinah region, is located 220km northwest of Muscat and is on the main road transport route between the Sultanate of Oman and the Emirate of Dubai. Over recent years, Sohar, and the wider Batinah region, have attracted significant industrial and commercial infrastructure investments.
The airport can act as a connecting hub for the Far East, Africa and Indian Sub-Continent.
Easy process and procedures.
Excellent quality for customer service and management.
Other major reasons:
- Sohar Port.
- Sohar Freezone.
- Industrial State.
- Inauguration for first landing flight and cake cutting celebration.
- Press conference, press (local and international) and FAM trip.
- Airport tours for travel agents, tour operators and airline.
- Establishing contacts with the local distribution channels (Commercial, Finance, Media, Operations Departments).
- Promoting new air services at all Omani airports.
- Supporting airlines with business cases and joint promotion.
- Working together with tourism authority to facilitate co-operation.
- Initiate incentive scheme for regional airports.
Total population in Sohar catchment: 1.5 million.
|Al Batinah North||484,801||292,251||777,052|
|Al Batinah South||249,019||123,388||372,407|
|Source: Oman National Center.|
Sohar Airport has a capacity to handle 50,000 tonnes of freight per annum.
Sohar is an industrial city, so there are significant opportunities for high-value goods to be moved by air, including working with the following companies:
- Liwa Plastics Industries Complex.
- Sohar Aluminium Company.
- Sohar International Urea & Chemical Industries (SIUCI) Fertiliser Complex.
- Public Establishment for Industrial Estates.
- Vale Oman Pelletizing Company.
- More than 300 factories and institutions.
Sohar Airport, about 10km northwest of Sohar.
Infrastructure & Operations:
Runway(s): One − 15/33 4,001m.
Slot Coordinated: Contact: email@example.com
Operating hours: Day time.
Terminal(s): One − annual capacity 250,000 passengers per annum.
Min. Connect time: 40 minutes.
Passenger boarding bridges: One.
Bus boarding lounges: Two.
Check-in: Three desks.
In addition, Sohar Airport will serve as an emergency alternative to Muscat Airport for passengers and cargo coming into the Sultanate.