Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Sochi is the best connection point. Due to 5th Freedom airlines can use Sochi as a transit point for flights between Europe and Middle East, South Asia (India, Nepal, Pakistan, etc.) without restrictions.
- Sochi International Airport Rank Top 5 Russian airports by passengers flow (after Moscow and S. Petersburg airports).
- Our achievements:
- 2015-2020 – the best airport in Europe in terms of quality of service in two categories according to the results of the international study Airport Service Quality (ASQ) of the International Airport Council (ACI)
- 2016-2018 – the best regional airport according to Business Traveler Russia and CIS. Included in the top 10 best airports in Russia and the CIS according to the results of Skytrax research in 2016.
- 2016-2018 – the best airport business lounge according to Business Traveler Russia and CIS.
- Sochi – the Advanced year-round resort
- - MICE tourism
- - Event tourism
- - Ecological tourism
- - Extreme tourism
- - Medical tourism
More detailed information: https://visit-sochi.org/
- Sochi Is a place for the World Famous events:
- Winter Olympic Games 2014
- FIFA Confederation Cup 2017
- FIFA World Cup 2018
- Formula 1 Russian Grand Prix
- Russian Investment Forum
Marketing and other support
- Market information: statistics and market analysis on request.
- In accordance with the marketing policy, we are happy to offer and agree attractive incentive schemes for scheduled passenger flights for new airlines and new destinations.
- For supporting the new flights and for creating awareness about new flights we are ready to:
- Organize a first flight event (welcome fountain, sweets for passengers, journalists, bloggers, etc.)
- Organize the necessary support in searching of the local partners (travel agencies, tour operators, etc.)
- Organize Fam-trips to Sochi for travel agencies, journalists, bloggers, etc.
- Organize meetings with Krasnodar region tourist communities, operating both on incoming and outgoing.
- Use our online & offline sources for the flights promotion: airports web page, social networks (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter etc.), terminal banners, terminal light boxes etc.
- Joint marketing campaigns with tourism authorities of Sochi.
Marketing and other support
- There are 3 international airports on the territory of the Krasnodar Region (Sochi – AER, Krasnodar – KRR, and Anapa – AAQ).
- Total catchment area of Krasnodar region airports – more than 9 mln people.
- Krasnodar region has one of the largest catchment area. This guarantees a high level of passenger traffic for both domestic and international routes.
- 100 km = 860 000 people
- 200 km = 2 200 000 people
- 300 km = 5 100 000 people
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- With easy access to sea transportation center, railway and trucking networks, Sochi International Airport has all the potential necessary to become the cargo distribution center of the Southern Region of Russia.
- Sochi International Airport is equipped with all the necessary devices and is fully equipped to organize technical stops for Cargo flights.
- Flowers and Perishable food are the most popular goods exported from Sochi. In 2019, more than 135 thousand kg of flowers and 275 thousand kg of perishable food were exported from Sochi.
It serves the largest Russian resort, its agglomeration and other burdensome territories with a total permanent population of about 900 thousand people. It has the status of an airport of federal significance.
The airport takes the 5th place in the country in terms of passenger turnover (6,8 mln passengers in 2019) after the Moscow (Sheremetyevo, Domodedovo, Vnukovo) and St. Petersburg (Pulkovo). The distance from the airport to Moscow is about 1360 km, the flight time is 2 hours.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runways: 2 Runways – 2895 m, 2550 m
- Slot Coordinated: email@example.com
- Operating hours: 24/7
- Terminals (Number, type and last major refurbishment):
- One Terminal building (Domestic and International flights) opened 2009 – new modern facilities:
- Terminal Area – 59,7 th.m2
- Terminal Capacity – 2 500 Pax/hour
- 54 checking in desks
- 17 self-registration devices
- 6 reprinters of boarding passes
- Self-Drop-off desks
- 1 330 common seats;
- 1 275 seats at catering points;
- Capsule hotel;
- Info boards.
- VIP terminal opened 2013:
- Terminal Area – 3 689m;
- Terminal Capacity – 120 passengers;
- In the VIP terminal you can go through all the pre-flight formalities, including checking in for the flight and pre-flight inspection;
- Delivery to the aircraft by special transport (Mercedes-Benz vehicles);
- Rooms for business events and protocol meetings, as well as an Internet zone equipped with computers and printer;
- Catering Grand Hotel & Spa Rodina;
- Parking for 36 cars.
- Apron Infrastructure:
- 76 parking lots for all types of aircraft except the A380;
- 10 parking places equipped with telescopic ladder;
- 15 passenger ladders;
- 6 airfield buses for the delivery of passengers;
- 4 buses for the crew delivery;
- 6 Mercedes minivans for delivering VIP passengers.
- Direct train connection to the main resorts, Airport official Taxi service, Public transport area
- Passenger numbers – 6.8 mln/year
- Domestic – 6.4 mln
- International – 360 thousand
- Freight: 4 751 tonnes/year
- Largest carrier: Aeroflot
- 72 destinations:
- 60 Domestic
- 12 International
- 36 airlines (Aeroflot, S7, Utair, Air Baltic, flydubai, Israir, etc.)