Macedonia has already lifted the bilateral agreements and is on its way to join the ECAA soon, which will boost the air traffic and create many new opportunities for airlines.
|Some potential new destinations from SKP:|
Please contact our marketing specialist for information on other possible destinations and opportunities.
Other Major reasons to serve this airport
- Skopje is an important crossroads of trade, strategically located at the center of Balkan region’s highway and railway networks.
- Skopje is the country’s political, cultural, economic, and academic center.
- Skopje is the cultural hub of the Republic of Macedonia and, therefore, is home to many of the country’s most important museums.
- Skopje has a diverse nightlife. There is a large emphasis on casinos, many of which are associated with hotels, such as that of the Holiday Inn. Other casinos include Helios Metropol, Olympic, Bon Venon, and Sherry.
- European Parliament has adopted the visa liberalization for Macedonia. 25 of 27 EU member-states with 500 million citizens will be accessible without visas.
- Macedonia is on its way to join the European Common Aviation Area (ECAA). This leads to: Free market access, freedom of establishment, perfect competition, and common safety and regulation rules.
Marketing and other support
For your inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Skopje is located in the northern Macedonia, in the center of the Balkans, approximately halfway between Belgrade and Athens.
- The Vardar River, which originates near Gostivar, flows through the city then flows south passing the border into Greece and eventually flowing into the Aegean Sea. The Vardar valley consists primarily of hills and mountains.
- The city covers an average length of 23 km from east to west and 9 km from north to south. Skopje is located at an elevation of 225 m above sea level. The city’s land area is 1,854 km2.
Skopje has a population of 0.5 million. It is the capital city of Macedonia, hosting the Government and all foreign embassies. Skopje is an important crossroads of trade, strategically located at the center of Balkan region’s highway and railway networks.
Within 120 min driving time, Skopje Airport captures 5 million catchment area with Kosova, Greece ve Bulgaria.
|Driving Time||Population (millions)|
Freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
Skopje is located on the upper course of the Vardar River, and is located on a major north-south Balkan route between Belgrade and Athens. It is a center for metal-processing, chemical, timber, textile, leather, and printing industries. Industrial development of the city has been accompanied by development of the trade, logistics, and banking sectors, as well as an emphasis on the fields of culture and sport.
SKP Terminal Facts & Figures
- Terminal Capacity (Annual): 4,000,000
- Terminal Area: 40,000 m²
- Runway length: 2,950 m
- Check-in counters: 23
- Boarding Gates: 11
- Baggage Claim Carousels: 2
Skopje Airport (SKP)
|SKP Fees & Charges|
|Up to 30 tons||€ 7.2 / ton|
|Over 30 tons||€ 7.7 / ton|
|Parking Fee (first 4 hours)||None|
|Parking Fee (after 4 hours)||€1.6 / ton day|
|International Passenger Fee||€ 11.50 / departing pax|
|Security Fee||€ 6 / departing pax|
|Transfer Passenger||€ 4.00 / pax|