Other major reasons to serve this airport
SVO’s competitive advantages:
- The leader of air traffic in Russia:
- 60 years of market experience.
- 50+ million passengers in 2019 (+10%).
- 380,000 aircraft movements in 2019 (+6%).
- Dominant position in international flights segment among Moscow airports (50%).
- Five passenger terminals
- Three terminals for general Aviation
- Two cargo terminals – new cargo Terminal Moscow Sheremetyevo is the larget cargo terminal in Russia
- Cargo traffic leader on Moscow market with more than 65% market share in 2019
- Terminal capacity 60 million passengers per year
- Three runways: RWY1 – 3550m; RWY2 – 3700m, RWY3 – 3200m
- Infrastructure for all aircraft types, including A380 and B787
- ICAO IIIA Category.
- Open 24/7
- Sheremetyevo International Airport is the largest Russian airport in terms of passenger and freight traffic, takeoff and landing operations, the area of the airport facilities and the capacity of the cargo facilities. The Sheremetyevo route network comprises more than 240 destinations. In 2018, Sheremetyevo handled 45 million 836 thousand passengers what is 14.3% more than in 2017.
- In 2012-2018, Sheremetyevo was ranked first in Europe for the quality of passenger service and entered ACI Director General’s Roll of Excellence.
- According to OAG Punctuality League report 2019, Sheremetyevo recognized as the leader in category of Major airports (accommodated between 20-30 million annual outbound seats) with the best result of 87%.
- Best Airport in Russia and CIS by Business Traveler Russia and CIS in 2018
- Best Airport in Russia by GQ Travel Awards 2019
- Strong carrier network
- Aeroflot, a member of SkyTeam, provides a stable domestic and international route network and connecting traffic flow at SVO. The airport supports 30 foreign airlines and 8 Russian airlines (including Aeroflot). Three alliances based: SkyTeam, oneworld and Star Alliance.
- List of Top 5 Airlines:
Aeroflot, Nordwind Airlines/Pegas Fly, RoyalFlight, Pegasus Airlines, Air France
- Bridge between China and Europe
- Sheremetyevo has 27 scheduled Chinese destinations on its network, including Macao and Hong Kong. They include: Beijing, Chengdu, Chongqing, Guangzhou, Guiyang, Fuzhou, Hangzhou, Hefei, Hong Kong, Jinan, Kunming, Lanzhou, Nanking, Nanning, Qingdao, Saniya, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Shenyang, Shijiazhuang, Taipei, Taiyuan, Tianjin, Urumqi, Wuhan , Xi’an, Zhengzhou
- The routes are flown regularly by 8 Chinese carriers Air China; Beijing Capital Airlines; China Eastern Airlines; China Southern Airlines; Hainan Airlines; Sichuan Airlines; Tianjin Airlines; and Lucky Air. and 3 Russian carriers Aeroflot, Royal Flight, Pegas Fly
- Sheremetyevo owns 92% of the Chinese traffic market in Russia and is 1st placed in the China-Europe connecting traffic market, plus 6th on the Asian-Europe connecting market (2.3 million pax).
- Focus Areas of the Chinese market
- B2С: Passenger
• Navigation and information alerts.
• Asian cuisine restaurants.
• Acceptance of UnionPaycards at the airport, currency exchange points.
• Chinese version of the airport website.
• Moscow city guides.
• Implementation of ALIPAY.
• Cooperation with the airlines and route development.
• Participation in the network development forums and other aviation events.
• Communication with the tourism professionals (China Friendly, Visit-Russia, etc.).
• Cooperation with the government authorities.
- B2С: Passenger
- Closest airport to the city centre
- Wide network of international and domestic scheduled destinations
- Wide network of scheduled destinations: 170 international and 40 domestic.
- Unique international routes from Moscow include: Prague, Helsinki, Amsterdam, New York, Almaty, Beijing, Belgrade, Shanghai, plus 47 destinations served from Sheremetyevo only.
- Largest domestic network: 40+cities operated by Aeroflot more than daily.
- New destinations in 2019 (+21 in total) include: Bahrain, Bukhara, Chita, Eilat, Jeddah, Jinan, Grozny, Girona, Fuzhou, Izhevsk, Marseilles, Nanking, Nanning, Naples, Orsk, Palma de Mallorca, Shijiazhuang, Taipei, Taiyuan, Ulyanovsk, Zhengzhou
- Three new airlines in 2019 include: Belavia, Vietnam Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Turkish Airlines (cargo)
- No overcrowded terminals and no queues when passing formalities
- Increased processing terminals throughput, evenly spread passenger flow, and advanced technulogies allow queue avoidance on passport, customs control, and fast baggage delivery.
- Catchment Area
- Sheremetyevo is located on the Northern part of Moscow and its catchment area covers regions with biggest concentration of business headquarters and the highest incomes.
- Affluent passenger market
- Due to specificity of airport route network, and airline pricing pulicies, the airport’s average economy class passenger is upper middle class, quite sulvent, has a high level of income, education, and life quality, and flies a minimum of twice a year.
- Passenger brand essence
- SVO provides a safe and reliable travel experience from Russia’s historic main air gate; not mass market travel.
- CRM and committed marketing team
- Entering a new market is not easy. That is why SVO offers a wide range of individual incentive programmes and marketing and communication support for new clients.
- Wide Domestic network
- Moscow is becoming an ever more popular tourist destination.
- One of the most famous cities in the world, the capital of Russia, the treasury of its cultural and historic values is awaiting you.
- Moscow is a multi-ethnic city, people of different cultures and faiths have peacefully co-existed here at all times.
- The city boasts a history of 869 years, and carefully preserves the heritage of the past. That said, Moscow is also a modern and vibrating megapolis, a major international center of business and finance.
- Moscow is illustrious culture center: 83 theaters including the Bolshoy Theater, 445 museums and galleries including Tretyakov Gallery and Pushkin Fine Arts museum, over 130 cinemas, over 3,000 restaurant with international cusine, 21 parks with staging open-air festivals and national holiday celebrations. More than 100 malls with world famous brands.
- There are 250 4 or 5* hotels in Moscow city center. Cheaper 3* or less quality level hotels located in residential area (30 minutes to the center by public transport). Price of 5* hotel single room starts from $350 and double room is from $400.
- Moscow hotels include the renowned Hotel Metropol, National, Golden Ring and Peter I and brand hotels widely represented in Moscow: Kempinki, Radisson, Ritz-Carlton, Hilton, Marriott, Park Hyatt and other
Moscow Sheremetyevo’s objective is to establish strong long-term relationship with airline customers. To support your start up and business development in the Moscow market SVO offers a wide range of individual marketing support including communications, advertising and events, consultancy and establishing cooperation with travel agents in the Moscow market. Maximizing benefit, we offer individual incentive programs with terms and conditions depending on size of operations and development plans.
- We also provide informational support for your entry into Moscow market (in traditional and social media).
- PR support (press conferences, industry events etc.) We present you with an individual approach and maximize the efficiency of your launch
- Market intelligence and analytics
Moscow – destination with high potential
The leading air traffic hub in Russia:
- 50% of Russia’s passenger air travel and 53% of freight market
- More than 550 international and domestic destinations
- Population – 12 million + 6 million in Moscow Region (population of Russia – 143 million)
- High level of consumerism
- 1/12 of Russian population (12.3 Mio). 19.6 million people live in the catchment area of SVO, including Moscow, suburban areas and cities in 100 km radius zone.
- 1/7 of Russian GDP ($332 Mio., #6 among largest global city economies by GDP and GDP per Capita)
- Diversified economy: Retail (35% of GDP), IT (20%), Manufacturing (19%), Public sector (11%), Transport (8%)
- Russian and CIS local branches of international corporations
- Sheremetyevo is on the north of Moscow; 51% of population live within 1-hour travel area to SVO.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
Sheremetyevo is the leading cargo hub and the largest cargo complex in Russia:
- 60% of Moscow air freight traffic
- Capacity to handle 12 x 747F simultaneously
- Good transport accessibility both rail and road
- Excellent modern IT-software for cargo tracing and document processing
- “E-Freight” launched in beta
- The closest airport to the city center:
- 35 km from Sheremetyevo to Kremlin
- 12 km to Moscow Ring Road
- Aeroexpress non-stop train to Moscow:
- Leaves every 30 minutes
- Journey time 35 minutes
- Available business class service
- Convenient transfer to all Moscow destinations by Aeroexpress and public transport system
- Toll road: driving time from Red Square to Sheremetyevo around 40 minutes (ourside of rush hours)
- The closest airport to the city centre
- 29 km to the centre of Moscow
- 11 km from Moscow Ring Road (MKAD)
- Air-rail link connection with the very city centre (Belorussky Railway station)
- Modern electric trains of the AERO series
- High frequency, train leaves every 30 minutes
- Journey time 35 minutes
- Business-class service
- Convenient transfers to all Moscow’s airports by other Aeroexpress air-rail links
- The Aeroexpress Sheremetyevo air-rail link is integrated in Moscow Rapid Transit System
Infrastructure & Operations:
- Two parallel runways:
- RWY1 64/R/B/W/T 3550×60 m
- RWY2 62/R/А/W/T 3700×60 m
- Slot coordinated airport IATA III category
- The largest airport terminal complex in Russia – five modern terminals, 426 thousand m2:
- Southern terminal complex – under-one-roof concept – consists of terminals D & E and renovated F connected by pedestrian galleries with travellators both landside and airside
- Northern terminal C and new terminal B to be launched in 2017
- Terminal complexes connected by free shuttle bus via airside and public bus landside and interterminal tunnel will be in service in 2017
- Biggest selection of famous restaurants and bars with various international cuisine
- Largest Duty Free area in Russia
- Choice of accommodation within 10 minutes’ walk 6 hotels of 3-5* categories
- Radisson Blu hotel 5*
- Novotel 4*
- Sheraton 4*
- Park Inn 4*
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
- New Airport Operation Center:
- Launched in December 2011 is a centralised system dedicated to organise and coordinate the work of the airport departments and other operators 24 hours 7 days a week and increase efficiency of cooperation in critical situations
- New terminal A for general aviation:
- Launched in January 2012
- Total surface area: 2,700,000 square meters
- Passenger traffic capacity – 75k passengers per year
- Enlarged terminal infrastructure and improved navigation:
- No queues at formalities points
- Comfortable recreation areas
- Easy transit procedure
- Optimised baggage system:
- 1st baggage issue – 12 min;
- Last baggage issue – 20 min after aircraft parked
- Free business lounge for PRM – unique in Russia: full package of necessary services for passengers with reduced mobility (PRM)
- Projects to be launched prior to 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia:
- 3rd Runway: 3700m X 60m
- New Terminal B, capacity 20 million passengers per year.
- Underground Inter-terminal tunnel connecting Northern and Southern terminal complexes (capacity 1,676 passengers and 908 bags per hour each-way).
- Fuel Complex (capacity 1.2 million tons per year, 4 fuel storage tanks, 20 parking positions).
- Cargo Terminal (load capacity 380 thousand tons) – launched in September 2017.
- Northern Aeroexpress Station.
- Business center and hotels.