Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Please, contact the Aena S.A. Route Development Marketing Team for detailed information.
- 2.6 million population within two hours driving from Santiago de Compostela Airport.
- Important cultural, gastronomic and heritage offer.
- The UNESCO World Heritage Site Santiago de Compostela and its cathedral, built from 1075 to 1122, is the place where St. James is buried and the final destination of the 9th century Way of St. James – and still attracts 200,000 pilgrims annually.
- The Galician coast is famous for its seafood and for the Islands Cíes.
- Potential new routes across Spain, Europe and North & South America.
Marketing and other support
- For increasing number of passengers on a route;
- Off-peak days;
- Connecting flights;
- Freight: is exempted of cargo charge from the 5 July 2014;
- Note: A 1.9% reduction in all the airport charges will be effective on 1st March 2016.
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme and PR support are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations, temporary discounts on parking, VIP lounges, shops and F&B, etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/promotional-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): firstname.lastname@example.org
Market information: statistics and market analysis on request at email@example.com
- 30-minute catchment: 230,132.
- 60-minute catchment: 1,300,397.
- 120-minute catchment: 2,533,445.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- Santiago de Compostela Airport is situated about 10 kilometres to the north-east of the city.
- Access to the airport is via the national motorway N-547, which links Santiago de Compostela with Lugo. The turning is 13 kilometres to the east of the city. It can also be accessed via the dual carriageway that links the Santiago ring road to the national motorway N-547.
- Airport-A Coruña.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runways: One (3,200m).
- Operating hours: H-24, all year.
- Terminals: One (new terminal opened in October 2011 with capacity for up to four million annual passengers).
- AIP: http://www.enaire.es/csee/Satellite/navegacion-aerea/es/Page/1078418725163/?other=1083158950596&other2=1083857760039#ancla349
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
Look for more regional information at:
- Passengers (commercial):
- 1,765,779 domestic passengers.
- 526,156 international passengers.
- Air Transport Movements:
- 99% scheduled flights.
- 1% charter flights.
- Freight: 2,311 tonnes.
- Largest carriers (top five): Ryanair, Vueling, Iberia Express, easyJet and Air Europa.