Other major reasons to serve this airport
- 2.6 million population within two hours driving from Santiago Airport.
- Important cultural, gastronomic and heritage offer. Ending of the Way of Saint James.
- Potential new routes across Spain, Europe and North & South America
Marketing and other support
- Available incentives in the Spanish airports in 2014:
- Passenger growth incentive: 75% discount in the passenger charge, for the additional passengers on a route to the same destination (50% in 2014 and 25% in 2015). 100% discount in the passenger charge if the route is to a new destination (75% in 2014 and 25% in 2015).
- Cargo incentive: 100% reduction in cargo charge for connecting flights. 50% reduction in cargo charge for international flights.
- PR support for new routes:
- Opening flight ceremony: a press release, water cannon salute for the opening flight.
- Promotional discounts: Discount at the Airport’s parking for passengers on the new route, discounts at selected airport food and beverage points, discounts at the airport´s VIP lounge for passengers on the route.
- Promotion of the new route: Promotion of the new route at Aena’s web page and social networks.
- Publicity at the airport: Space at the airport for publicity.
- For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): email@example.com
- Market information: Statistics & market analysis on request at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Within 30mins: 230,767
- Within 60mins: 1,315,427
- Within 120mins: 2,573,537
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- For freight opportunities go to: http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite/comercial/en/Page/1237559484370/Air-cargo.html
- For further information, please contact email@example.com
- Santiago Airport is situated about 10 kilometres to the north-east of the city.
- Access to the airport is via the national motorway N-547, which links Santiago de Compostela with Lugo. The turning is 13 kilometres to the east of the city. It can also be accessed via the dual carriageway that links the Santiago ring road to the national motorway N-547.
- Airport-A Coruña
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runways: 1 runway (3,200 m)
- Slot Coordinated: Facilitated
- Operating hours: H-24, all year
- Terminals: 1 (new terminal opened in October 2011 with capacity for up to 4 million annual passengers)
- AIP: http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite/navegacion-aerea/en/Page/1078418725163/?other=1083158950596&other2=1083857760039#ancla347
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
Look for more regional information at:
- Passengers (commercial):
- 1,897,624 domestic passengers
- 292,359 international passengers
- Air Transport Movements:
- 91% scheduled flights
- 9% charter flights
- Freight: 1,815 tonnes
- Largest carriers (Top 10): Ryanair, Vueling, AirEuropa, Air Nostrum, Iberia Express, airberlin, Iberia, easyJet, Orbest and Volotea.