Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Santander is a beautiful city located between the sea and the mountains: it boasts major monuments (XIIIth century cathedral), beaches, gastronomic tourism and natural attractions, thanks to the Picos de Europa National Park.
- The region is part of the northern route to the Pilgrim’s Route to Santiago de Compostela (The Way of St James).
- The Port of Santander combines a tourist function (with passenger ferries to the UK) and an industrial function.
- Santander is close to the Altamira Caves, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, home to prehistoric cave paintings.
Marketing and other support
- For new routes;
- For increasing number of passengers on a route: on long-haul routes, on airports with less than three million passengers and seasonal airports during the off-peak season;
- Off-peak days;
- Connecting flights;
- Freight: Exempted of cargo charge since the 5 July 2014;
- Airport charges decrease on average by 2.2% annually until 2021.
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/promotional-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): email@example.com
Market information: statistics and market analysis on request at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 30-minute catchment: 497,925.
- 60-minute catchment: 1,425,325.
- 120-minute catchment: 3,587,650.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- Santander Airport is situated to the east of the city, five kilometres from the city centre.
- The airport has direct access to the A-8 Santander-Bilbao.
- Airport-Bus Station line.
- Alsa links Santander Airport to different locations in the north of Spain: Bilbao, Gijon, Oviedo, Laredo, etc.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runways: One (2,320m).
- Slot Coordinated: Facilitated.
- Operating hours: Summer 05:30-21:00; Winter 06:30-22:00.
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: Airport Information Publication (AIP)
For more regional information please go to:
- Government of Cantabria (Cantabria Infinita): http://www.turismodecantabria.com
- Regional Tourism Promotion Society of Cantabria: http://www.cantur.com
- Santander City Hall Tourism Department: http://www.ayto-santander.es
- Tourism in Spain: http://www.spain.info
- Passengers (commercial): 511,473 domestic passengers; 424,192 international passengers.
- Air transport movements: 100% scheduled flights.
- Largest carriers: Ryanair, Air Nostrum, Vueling, Volotea and Wizz Air.