Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Santander is a beautiful city located between the sea & the mountains: it boasts major monuments (XIII century cathedral), beaches and gastronomic tourism & nature attractions thanks to the Picos de Europa National Park.
- The region is part of the northern route to the Pilgrim’s Route to Santiago de Compostela (The Way of St James).
- The Port of Santander combines a tourist function (with passenger ferries to the United Kingdom) and an industrial function.
- Santander is close to Altamira Caves, an UNESCO World Heritage Site, home to prehistoric cave paintings.
- Seve Ballesteros-Santander airport has implemented an Integrated Quality and Environmental Management System, certified according to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards.
- As part of the environmental initiatives that SB Santander is applying, it has acquired new electric vehicles and has implemented efficient energetic actions focused on reduction of CO2 emissions.
- Santander Airport was certified by the Spanish Aviation Agency (AESA), according to EU 139/2014 regulation.
- Information about COVID-19 measures in place can be found at Info COVID-19.
Marketing and other support
- Operation recovery.
- Off-peak days.
- Connecting flights.
- Freight: Exempted of cargo charge from the 5th of July 2014
- Airport charges decrease on average by 2,2% annually until 2021
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information, please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations, etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information, please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/airport-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): email@example.com
Market information: statistics & market analysis on request at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 30-minute catchment: 497,900.
- 60-minute catchment: 1,400,000.
- 120-minute catchment: 3,600,000.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- Santander Airport is situated to the east of the city, five kilometres from the city centre.
- The airport has direct access to the A-8 Santander-Bilbao.
- Airport-Bus Station line.
- Alsa links Santander Airport to different locations in the north of Spain: Bilbao, Gijon, Oviedo, Laredo, etc.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runways: One (2,320m).
- Slot Coordinated: Facilitated.
- Operating hours: Summer 05:30-21:00; Winter 06:30-22:00.
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: Airport Information Publication (AIP)
For more regional information please go to:
- Government of Cantabria (Cantabria Infinita): http://www.turismodecantabria.com
- Regional Tourism Promotion Society of Cantabria: http://www.cantur.com
- Santander City Hall Tourism Department: http://www.ayto-santander.es
- Tourism in Spain: http://www.spain.info
- Passengers (commercial): 692,700 domestic pax; 482,200 international pax.
- Flights: 100% scheduled
- Largest carriers: Ryanair, Iberia, Vueling, Volotea and Wizz Air