Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Extremely competitive airport charges.
- Region with a strong economy and important tourism and cultural attractions.
- High yield catchment area.
- San Sebastian is located in one of the most beautiful areas: Bahia de la Concha.
- San Sebastian International Film is the most important of those which are held in Spain and indeed in all Spanish-speaking countries, as well as being one of the oldest and most prestigious in Europe.
- San Sebastian Airport has implemented an Integrated Quality and Environmental Management System, certified according to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards.
- San Sebastian Airport was certified by the Spanish Aviation Safety Agency (AESA), according to UE 139/2014 regulation.
- Information about COVID-19 measures in place can be found at Info COVID-19.
Marketing and other support
Aena offers airlines an extensive range of incentives. See the new incentive that Aena offers in 2020 and discover which one suit your type of operation best:
- Operation recovery.
- Off-peak days.
- Connecting flights.
- Freight: Exempted of cargo charge from the 5th of July 2014
- Airport charges decrease on average by 2,2% annually until 2021
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information, please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations, etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information, please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/airport-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): email@example.com
Market information: statistics & market analysis on request at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 30-minute catchment: 469,700.
- 60-minute catchment: 1,200,000.
- 120-minute catchment: 2,700,000.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- San Sebastian Airport is located 22 kilometres north-east of the city.
- The road access to the airport is from Irun and Hondarribia via the road N-638. This road links up with the N-I, thus connecting the airport with San Sebastian and the South of France, and with the AP-8 Bilbao-Behobia motorway.
- The distance from San Sebastian city center to the airport exit is twenty-two km, and the average journey time is about twenty minutes.
- E20: Hondarribia – Renteria – Pasaia – San Sebastian (plaza Gipuzkoa).
- E21: Hondarribia – airport – San Sebastian (plaza Gipuzkoa).
- E23 y E28: Hondarribia – Irun – San Sebastian (Ibaeta, city centre and Amara).
- E25: Hondarribia – Irun / coast / airport.
- E78: Hondarribia – Irun. Night-times, Saturdays all year and Fridays in July, August and September.
- E27 and E77: Hondarribia – Irun – Renteria – San Sebastian (Plaza Gipuzkoa). E27 runs at the weekend. E77, on Friday and Saturday nights.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runways: One (1,590 m).
- Slot Coordinated: Facilitated.
- Operating hours: Summer 05:30-19:30; Winter 06:30-20:30 (+30 minutes PPR).
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: Airport Information Publication (AIP)
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
For more regional information please go to:
- Passengers (commercial): 318,500 domestic pax ; 1,983 international pax
- Flights: 99% scheduled; 1% charter.
- Freight: 0,4 tons
- Largest carriers: Air Nostrum and Vueling.