Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Extremely competitive airport charges.
- Region with a strong economy and important tourism and cultural attractions.
- High yield catchment area.
- San Sebastian (186,000 inhabitants) is located in one of Spain’s most beautiful areas: Bahia de la Concha.
- San Sebastian International Film is the most important of those which are held in Spain, and indeed in all Spanish-speaking countries, as well as being one of the oldest and most prestigious in Europe.
Marketing and other support
Aena offers airlines an extensive range of incentives. See the new incentive that Aena offers airlines in 2017 and discover which one suits your type of operation best:
- For increasing number of passengers on a route;
- Off-peak days;
- Connecting flights;
- Freight: is exempted of cargo charge from the 5 July 2014;
- The Spanish Governement has approved an 11% reduction in all the airport charges in the period 2017-2021 (2.2% annually). It will be effective as of 1 March 2017.
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme and PR support are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/promotional-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): firstname.lastname@example.org
Market information: statistics and market analysis on request at email@example.com
- 30-minute catchment: 1,343,579.
- 60-minute catchment: 2,863,211.
- 120-minute catchment: 5,330,229.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- San Sebastian Airport is located 22 kilometres north-east of the city.
- The road access to the airport is from Irun and Hondarribia via the road N-638. This road links up with the N-1, connecting the airport with San Sebastian and the south of France, and with the AP-8 Bilbao-Behobia motorway.
- The distance from San Sebastian city centre to the airport exit is 22 kilometres, and the average journey time is about 20 minutes.
- E20. Hondarribia – Rentería – Pasaia – San Sebastián (Plaza Gipuzkoa).
- E21. Hondarribia – Aeropuerto – San Sebastián (Plaza Gipuzkoa).
- E22. Hondarribia – Hospital Bidasoa – Polígono Industrial Area – Txingudi.
- E23 and E28. Hondarribia – Irún – San Sebastián (Ibaeta, Centre and Amara).
- E25. Hondarribia – Irún / Costa / Aeropuerto.
- E78. Hondarribia – Irún.
- E27 and E77. Hondarribia – Irún – Rentería – San Sebastián (Plaza Gipuzkoa). E27 runs at the weekend. E77 on Friday and Saturday nights.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runways: One (1,754 m).
- Slot Coordinated: Facilitated.
- Operating hours: Summer 05:30-19:30; Winter 06:30-20:30 (+30 minutes PPR).
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: http://www.enaire.es/csee/Satellite/navegacion-aerea/es/Page/1078418725163/?other=1083158950596&other2=1083857759565#ancla3
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
For more regional information please go to:
- Passengers (commercial): 260,000 domestic passengers.
- Air Transport Movements: 99% scheduled flights; 1% charter flights.
- Freight: 4.6 tonnes.
- Largest carriers: Air Nostrum and Vueling.