Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Site of the first university in Spain and one of the oldest in Europe. It is also one of the major birthplaces of the Spanish language (http://www.usal.es/webusal/en)
- UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1988.
- Good performance of existing facilities.
- Competitive airport charges.
- Salamanca airport was certified by the Spanish Aviation Agency (AESA), according to RD 862/2009 regulation.
- Information about COVID-19 measures in place can be found at Info COVID-19.
Marketing and other support
Aena offers airlines an extensive range of incentives. See the new incentive that Aena offers in 2020 and discover which one suit your type of operation best:
- Operation recovery.
- Off-peak days.
- Connecting flights.
- Freight: Exempted of cargo charge from the 5th of July 2014
- Airport charges decrease on average by 2,2% annually until 2021
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information, please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations, etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information, please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/airport-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): firstname.lastname@example.org
Market information: statistics & market analysis on request at email@example.com
- 30-minute catchment: 245,200.
- 60-minute catchment: 542,000.
- 90-minute catchment: 1,200,000.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- The airport is located 15 kilometres to the east of the city centre of Salamanca.
- Salamanca Airport can be accessed directly from km 79.8 of the national motorway N-501, which goes into the centre of Salamanca.
- Salamanca (Bus Station)-Airport line.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runways: Two (2,513m and 1,866m).
- Operating hours: Summer 09:00-15:30; Winter 10:00-16:30.
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: Airport Information Publication (AIP)
Look for more Salamanca region information in:
- Castilla y Leon Tourism: http://www.turismocastillayleon.com
- Tourism in Spain: http://www.spain.info
- Passengers (commercial): 12,359 domestic pax; 5,409 international pax.
- Flights: 34% scheduled; 66% charter.
- Largest carriers: Evelop Airlines, Iberia Express, Air Europa, and Enter Air.