Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Site of the first university in Spain and one of the oldest in Europe. It is also one of the major birthplaces of the Spanish language.
- UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1988.
- Good performance of existing facilities.
- Competitive airport charges.
- 800th anniversary of the foundation of the University of Salamanca in 2018 http://www.usal.es/webusal/en
Marketing and other support
- For new routes;
- For increasing number of passengers on a route: : on long-haul routes, on airports with less than three million passengers and seasonal airports during the off-peak season;
- Off-peak days;
- Connecting flights;
- Freight: is exempted of cargo charge from the 5 July 2014;
- Airport charges decrease on average by 2.2% annually until 2021.
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/airport-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): email@example.com
Market information: statistics and market analysis on request at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 30-minute catchment: 245,200.
- 60-minute catchment: 541,000.
- 90-minute catchment: 1,200,000.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- The airport is located 15 kilometres to the east of the city centre of Salamanca.
- Salamanca Airport can be accessed directly from km 79.8 of the national motorway N-501, which goes into the centre of Salamanca.
- Salamanca (Bus Station)-Airport line.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runways: Two (2,513m and 1,866m).
- Operating hours: Summer 09:00-15:30; Winter 10:00-16:30.
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: Airport Information Publication (AIP)
Look for more Salamanca region information in:
- Castilla y Leon Tourism: http://www.turismocastillayleon.com
- Tourism in Spain: http://www.spain.info
- Passengers (commercial): 9,094 domestic passengers; 5,555 international passengers.
- Air Transport Movements: 16% scheduled flights; 84% charter flights.
- Largest carriers: Iberia Express, Air Europa, Evelop Airlines y Enter Air.