- Salalah is the capital and seat of the wali (governor) of the southern Omani province of Dhofar.
- The city attracts lots of people from other parts of Oman and the Gulf region during the khareef season, which spans from July to September.
- Salalah is 1,000 km away from Muscat.
- Salalah has a strategic geographic location, as it is only two hours away from the Southeast African Market.
- Inauguration for first landing flight and cake cutting celebration.
- Press conference, press (local and international) and FAM trip.
- Airport tours for travel agents, tour operators and airline.
- Establishing contacts with the local distribution channels (Commercial, Finance, Media, Operations Departments).
- Promoting new air services at all Omani airports.
- Supporting airlines with business cases and joint promotion.
- Working together with tourism authority to facilitate co-operation.
- Initiate incentive scheme for regional airports.
- Salalah Airport is located on the Salalah coastal plain in the Dhofar Governate.
- The population of the Dhofar region has reached 455,000, of which 52% are expatriates (non- Omanis).
- The recently completed cargo facility in Salalah, is a fully-automated 21,000 sqm warehouse, with a capacity of 100,000 tons per annum.
- Salalah Cargo Centre is also part of the integrated logistic system with Port of Salalah and Salalah Free Zone, and offers full Air-Sea and Sea-Air capabilities.
Salalah Airport is located six kilometres northeast of the city centre.
Infrastructure & Operations:
Runway(s): Two − 08/26 4,000m; 07/25 3,340m.
Slot Coordinated: Contact: email@example.com
Operating hours: 24h.
Check-in: 15 desks.
Min. Connect time: 60 minutes.
Passenger traffic: 2016; 1.198m – 767,325 domestic; 431,521 international.
Movements: 2016; 10,293.
Largest Carriers (by weekly seats): Oman Air, SalamAir, Qatar Airways.