- Salalah is the capital seat of the wali (governor) of the southern Oman province of Dhofar.
- Second largest city in Sultanate of Oman.
- The excellent location of Salalah.
- Easy process and procedures.
- Capacity of the Airports.
- Excellent quality service for the costumers.
- Varity of shopping options in the terminal.
- 11th busiest transshipment port in the world.
- Second busiest port in the Middle East.
- Airport tours for travel agents.
- Promoting new airlines to attract more passengers.
- The newspaper or radio stations are providing more service in the airports.
- Support local tourism to proposed new services.
- Oman post launches 15 stamps to promote Dhofar.
- The national airline operates 5 flights daily from Salalah to Muscat.
- Inauguration for first landing flightcake cutting celebration.
- Press conference, press(localInternational) and fam trip
- Establishing contacts to the distribution channels locally ( Commercial , finance, media , operation departments )
- Promoting new air at all Oman Airports.
- Supporting airlines with business cases and joint promotion.
- Working together with Tourism Authority to facilitate co-operation.
- The population of Salalah is around 163.140 million.
- The largest city in the Dhofar province.
- One of the largest ports on the Arabian Peninsula.
- Important transhipment hub for container shopping in the area.
- Salalah received more than 600.000 tourists during Khareef.
- The recently completed cargo facility in Salalah, is a fully-automated 21,000 sqm warehouse, with a capacity of 100,000 tons per annum.
- Salalah Cargo Centre is also part of the integrated logistic system with Port of Salalah and Salalah Free Zone, and offers full Air-Sea and Sea-Air capabilities.
SLL Airports Cargo facts
- Service & Facility Highlights
- Provides 24-hour services for import and export cargo.
- Utilizes an automated cargo system for documentation, warehousing, Export cargo acceptance and Imports cargo delivery purposes.
- Round-the-clock break-down and build-up of cargo and mail.
- Cold-storage and freezer-storage facilities.
- Storage for dangerous and hazardous cargo.
- Separate storage facilities for newspapers, diplomatic and postal mails.
- Electronic weighing scales for accurate calculations of weight capacities.
- Cargo undergoes x-raying for safety and security purposes, under strict supervision of Airport Security.
- Road Feeder Service made available to various airlines.
- Freight Status Updates (FSU) messaging requirements for airlines.
Salalah Airport is located six kilometres northeast of the city centre.
Infrastructure & Operations:
Runway(s): Two − 08/26 4,000m; 07/25 3,340m.
Slot Coordinated: Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Operating hours: 24h.
Check-in: 15 desks.
Min. Connect time: 60 minutes.
Passenger traffic: 2016; 1.198m – 767,325 domestic; 431,521 international.
Movements: 2016; 10,293.
Largest Carriers (by weekly seats): Oman Air, SalamAir, Qatar Airways.