Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Rzeszów (pronounced “zhe-shof”) is the home of Poland’s Aviation Valley, a cluster of industry facilities all focused on air transport.
- Global companies such as MTU, UTC, Borg Warner, Sikorsky, Hispano-Suiza and VAC Aero all have production facilities close to the airport.
- Passenger traffic growth for 2009 was +18% – the best result in Poland.
- Rzeszów is located very close to the Ukrainian border (90km) and Slovakian border (100km).
- The region is located on the border of the Carpathian Foothills and the Sandomierska Basin, making it attractive for inbound tourism.
Marketing and other support
Rzeszów Airport offers discounted airport charges to new services and helps to organise and run media campaigns for new airlines and routes.
- New entrant airport charges incentives, methodologies for advertising support, potential for support from regional development/tourist agencies.
- Discounts to airport charges are available to new services.
- The airport is able to organise and run advertising media campaigns for new services.
- Financial marketing support is available from the airport and regional government.
- Poland is a joint host for Euro 2012 football championships. Tournament organiser UEFA estimates that half of all spectators will travel to the various venues by air.
The two hour drive-time catchment area is slightly larger than the Podkarpackie Province, which has a population of 2.1 million.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- More than 70 aviation industry companies, including MTU, UTC, Borg Warner, Sikorsky and Hispano-Suiza are based within close proximity of Rzeszów Airport.
- Goodyear plant in Dębica (47km west of Rzeszow), steel and military industry (Huta Stalowa Wola), car components manufacturers (Toora Poland), metal industry (FML Leżajsk, Dezamet Nowa Dęba), chemical industry (Tikkurilla, Organika Nowa Sarzyna), pharmaceutical companies (Valeant, Sanofi Aventis), IT companies (Assecco, OpTeam) and food companies (Nestlé) all based in the region.
- RZE is located in the south-east of Poland, close to the Ukrainian and Slovakian borders.
- RZE is 10km from Rzeszów city centre, 160km to Kraków, 170 km to Lublin, 170 km to Lviv (Ukraine), 170 km to Kosice (Slovakia).
- RZE is located on the main West-East European E40 Highway
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runways: One runway (27/09) 3,200m
- Slot Coordinated?: No
- Operating hours: 24/7
- Terminals: Departure Terminal 2,358m, two floors, new commercial zone
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
- New terminal infrastructure: 15,290m/1,440 pax per hour and new apron 48,500m due to be completed in the first half of 2012.
Vital statistics (2009)
- Ryanair: 247,117 passengers
- LOT: 90,471 (10,161 USA and 80,310 Domestic)
- Lufthansa: 14527
- Charters 28,599
- Passenger traffic 2008 – 323,838
- Passenger traffic 2009 (Jan- Dec) 383,312
- Fast dynamic of passenger growth comparing 2008 and 2009 (Jan-Dec) – 18.5% growth.
- Fast growth of charter’s passengers comparing 2008 and 2009 – 37% growth.
- Existing international flights: Frankfurt, London, New York, Dublin, Bristol, Birmingham, East Midlands, Liverpool
- Existing domestic flights: Warsaw
- Existing charter flights: Egypt, Turkey, Tunisia, Greece
- Largest Carriers: Lufthansa, LOT, Ryanair
- Airport charges: http://www.rzeszowairport.pl/strona/172/airport_fees.html