In addition to the above routes, the Russian Federation is an unserved country; the biggest Russian community of expatriates in Spain lives in Tarragona Region.
Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Close to Tarragona and just 90 kilometres from Barcelona.
- Perfect location at the heart of the Costa Daurada.
- 4.7 million tourists visited the Costa Daurada in 2010; half of them came from foreign countries.
- Port Aventura amusement park (Theme Park) is close to the airport.
- The region has a number of top quality golf courses.
- New Arrivals Terminal opened in June 2010, increasing overall capacity to 3 million passengers.
Marketing/and other support
- Incentives are available in the Spanish airports in 2013:
- New route incentive: 50% discount on the passenger and security charges during the first year of operation of a new route to a new destination, and 25% discount on the second year.
- Off-Peak day incentive: 50% discount in the landing and passenger charges for operations into Canary Island airports during off-peak days.
- PR support for new routes such as:
- Opening flight ceremony: a press release and water cannon salute for the launch flight.
- Promotional discounts: Discounts at the airport’s parking for the passengers of the new route; discounts at participating airport food & beverage stores; discounts at the Airport´s VIP lounge for the passengers of the new route.
- Promotion of the new route: Promotion of the new route at Aena’s web page, social networks etc.
- Publicity at the airport: Advertising space at the airport for publicity.
- For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): email@example.com
- Market information: statistics & market analysis on request at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To contact the local authorities, please go to http://www.visitlapalma.es/contenido/patronato-de-turismo
- 30 min catchment area: 55,127 population
- 60 min catchment area: 1,305,554 population
- 120 min catchment area: 6,777,540 population
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- For freight opportunities go to: http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite/comercial/en/Page/1237559484370//Air-cargo.html
- For further information, please contact email@example.com
- The airport is located three kilometres from Reus, and 13 kilometres from Tarragona, the provincial capital.
- High-speed train connecting with Madrid and Barcelona. The station is only 20 kilometres away from the airport.
- The airport is accessible directly from the T-11 national highway. Depending on traffic and the time of year, the average travelling time from Reus is between five and 15 minutes, and from Tarragona, between 10 and 25 minutes.
- Airport-Reus, Line 50.
- Airport -Barcelona line.
- Airport –Costa Dourada line.
- Reus-Airport-Tarragona line.
- Reus-Valls line.
- Aeropuerto – Estación del Camp de Tarragona (AVE)
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runways: One runway (2,459 metres).
- Slot Coordinated: Facilitated.
- Operating hours: Summer 06:00-22:00 – Winter 07:00-21:00
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite/navegacion-aerea/es/Page/1078418725163/?other=1083158950596&other2=1083857759397#ancla342
For more regional information please go to:
- Tarragona Municipal Tourism Board: http://www.tarragonaturisme.es
- Reus Municipal Tourism Board: http://turisme.reus.net
- Tourism Board or the Provincial Council of Tarragona – Daurada Coast: http://www.costadaurada.info
- Tourism Board or the Provincial Council of Tarragona – Terres de l’Ebre: http://www.terresdelebre.org
- Tourist Information Office of the Regional Government of Catalonia: http://www.catalunyaturisme.com
- Tourism in Spain: http://www.spain.info
- Passengers (commercial): 34,447 domestic passengers; 887,263 international passengers.
- Air Transport Movements: 66% scheduled flights; 34% charter flights.
- Freight: 14 tonnes.
- Largest carriers: Ryanair, Thomson Airways, Thomas Cook UK, Orbest, Jet2.com, Monarch Airlines, Austrian Airlines, Jetairfly and BA Cityflyer