Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Close to Tarragona city and just 90 km from BCN.
- Perfect location at the heart of the Costa Daurada.
- Port Aventura amusement park (theme park) close to the airport.
- The region has a number of top quality golf courses.
- Arrivals Terminal opened in June 2010 increasing its overall capacity to 3 million passengers.
- Reus Airport has implemented an Integrated Quality and Environmental Management System, certified according to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards.
- Reus Airport was certified by the Spanish Aviation Agency (AESA), according to EU 139/2014 regulation.
Marketing and other support
- For new routes;
- For increasing number of passengers on a route: on long-haul routes, on airports with less than three million passengers and seasonal airports during the off-peak season;
- Off-peak days;
- Connecting flights;
- Freight: is exempted of cargo charge from the 5 July 2014;
- Airport charges decrease on average by 2.2% annually until 2021.
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/promotional-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): firstname.lastname@example.org
Market information: statistics and market analysis on request at email@example.com
- 30-minute catchment: 620,000 population.
- 60-minute catchment: 3,000,000 population.
- 120-min catchment: 6,700,000 population.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- The airport is located four kilometres from Reus, and 13 kilometres from Tarragona, the provincial capital.
- There is a high-speed train connecting with Madrid and Barcelona. The station is only 20 kilometres away from the airport.
- The airport is accessible directly from the T-11 national highway. Depending on traffic and the time of year, the average travelling time from Reus is between five and 15 minutes, and from Tarragona, between 10 and 25 minutes.
- Airport-Reus, Line 50.
- Airport -Barcelona line.
- Airport –Costa Dourada line.
- Reus-Airport-Tarragona line.
- Reus-Valls line.
- Aeropuerto – Estación del Camp de Tarragona (AVE).
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runway(s): One (2,459m).
- Slot Coordinated: Facilitated.
- Operating hours: Summer 06:00-22:00; Winter 07:00-21:00.
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: Aeronautical Information Publication
For more regional information please go to:
- Tarragona Municipal Tourism Board: http://www.tarragonaturisme.es
- Reus Municipal Tourism Board: http://www.reusturisme.cat/
- Tourism Board or the Provincial Council of Tarragona – Daurada Coast: http://www.costadaurada.info
- Tourism Board or the Provincial Council of Tarragona – Terres de l’Ebre: http://www.terresdelebre.travel
- Tourist Information Office of the Regional Government of Catalonia: http://www.gencat.cat/temes/eng/turisme.htm
- Tourism in Spain: http://www.spain.info
- Passengers (commercial): 10,900 domestic passengers; 1,000,000 international passengers.
- Air Transport Movements: 78% scheduled flights; 22% charter flights.
- Largest carriers: Ryanair, Jet2.com, Thomson Airways, Thomas Cook UK and Cello Aviation LTD.