Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Close to Tarragona and just 90 kilometres from Barcelona.
- Perfect location at the heart of the Costa Daurada.
- PortAventura amusement park (theme park) close to the airport.
- The region has a number of top quality golf courses.
- Arrivals terminal opened in June 2010, increasing overall capacity to three million passengers.
Marketing and other support
Aena offers airlines an extensive range of incentives. See the new incentive that Aena offers airlines in 2017 and discover which one suits your type of operation best:
- For new routes;
- For increasing number of passengers on a route: on long-haul routes, on airports with less than three million passengers and seasonal airports during the off-peak season;
- Off-peak days;
- Connecting flights;
- Freight: is exempted of cargo charge from the 5 July 2014;
- The Spanish Governement has approved an 11% reduction in all the airport charges in the period 2017-2021 (2.2% annually). It will be effective as of 1 March 2017.
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme and PR support are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/promotional-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): email@example.com
Market information: statistics and market analysis on request at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 30-minute catchment: 620,027 population.
- 60-minute catchment: 2,957,060 population.
- 120-min catchment: 6,735,700 population.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- The airport is located four kilometres from Reus, and 13 kilometres from Tarragona, the provincial capital.
- There is a high-speed train connecting with Madrid and Barcelona. The station is only 20 kilometres away from the airport.
- The airport is accessible directly from the T-11 national highway. Depending on traffic and the time of year, the average travelling time from Reus is between five and 15 minutes, and from Tarragona, between 10 and 25 minutes.
- Airport-Reus, Line 50.
- Airport -Barcelona line.
- Airport –Costa Dourada line.
- Reus-Airport-Tarragona line.
- Reus-Valls line.
- Aeropuerto – Estación del Camp de Tarragona (AVE).
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runway(s): One (2,459m).
- Slot Coordinated: Facilitated.
- Operating hours: Summer 06:00-22:00; Winter 07:00-21:00.
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: http://www.enaire.es/csee/Satellite/navegacion-aerea/es/Page/1078418725163/?other=1083158950596&other2=1083857759397#ancla342
For more regional information please go to:
- Tarragona Municipal Tourism Board: http://www.tarragonaturisme.es
- Reus Municipal Tourism Board: http://www.reusturisme.cat/
- Tourism Board or the Provincial Council of Tarragona – Daurada Coast: http://www.costadaurada.info
- Tourism Board or the Provincial Council of Tarragona – Terres de l’Ebre: http://www.terresdelebre.travel
- Tourist Information Office of the Regional Government of Catalonia: http://www.gencat.cat/temes/eng/turisme.htm
- Tourism in Spain: http://www.spain.info
- Passengers (commercial): 373 domestic passengers; 808,199 international passengers.
- Air Transport Movements: 70% scheduled flights; 30% charter flights.
- Largest carriers: Ryanair, Thomson Airways, Jet2.com, Thomas Cook Airlines and Air Contractors.