Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Murcia is a tourist area with a strong potential and relevant development in the past years. Close to Alicante, it is famous for its Mediterranean beaches, extremely good weather, sports and leisure attractions.
- The Cathedral of Murcia, the Cardenal Belunga Square, the Bishop´s Palace and a number of baroque buildings are the highlights of the city of Murcia.
- Second residence for European tourists. It averages around 300 days of sun per year. The mild winters and warm summers make Murcia an attractive destination all year round.
- Region of Murcia International Airport received the ‘Paloma del Turismo 2019′ award, granted by the Faculty of Tourism of the University of Murcia, which recognizes the work of tourism promotion in the region.
- The magazine Actualidad Económica, with the support of Bankia, recognised Region of Murcia International Airport with the award for Best Public Initiative within the awards for Business Success in Murcia.
- As part of the environmental initiatives that Region de Murcia IA is implementing, it has adquired new electric vehicles.
- Región de Murcia International Airport was certified by the Spanish Aviation Safety Agency (AESA), according to EU 139/2014 regulation.
- Information about COVID-19 measures in place can be found at Info COVID-19.
Marketing and other support
- Operation recovery.
- Off-peak days.
- Connecting flights.
- Freight: Exempted of cargo charge from the 5th of July 2014
- Airport charges decrease on average by 2,2% annually until 2021
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information, please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations, etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information, please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/airport-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): firstname.lastname@example.org
Market information: statistics & market analysis on request at email@example.com
- 30 min catchment area: 800,000 population
- 60 min catchment area: 2.1 million pop.
- 120 min catchment area: 4.1 million pop.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- Región de Murcia International Airport is located 27 km South of the city centre.
- Access to the airport by road is from both A30 road, which links the city of Murcia with Cartagena, exit 161.
- Airport – San Andrés Murcia bus station
- Airport – Cartagena – La Manga
- Airport – Mar Menor
- Airport – Mazarrón – Águilas
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runway(s): One (3,000m).
- Slot Coordinated: Facilitated
- Operating hours:
- Summer: 05:30-20:30
- Winter: 06:30-21:30
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: Aeronautical Information Publication (AIP)