Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Murcia is a tourist area with a strong potential and relevant development in the past years. Close to Alicante, it is famous for its Mediterranean beaches, extremely good weather, sports and leisure attractions.
- Second residence for European tourists. It averages around 300 days of sun per year.
- Región de Murcia International Airport was certified by the Spanish Aviation Agency (AESA), according to EU 139/2014 regulation.
Marketing and other support
- For new routes;
- For increasing number of passengers on a route
- Freight: is exempted of cargo charge from the 5 July 2014;
- Airport charges decrease on average by 2.2% annually until 2021.
The conditions of the Región de Murcia International Airport scheme are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/promotional-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): email@example.com
Market information: statistics and market analysis on request at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the local authorities, please go to http://www.murciaturistica.es
- 30 min catchment area: 800,000 population
- 60 min catchment area: 2.1 million pop.
- 120 min catchment area: 4.1 million pop.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- Región de Murcia International Airport is located 27 km South of the city centre.
- Access to the airport by road is from both A30 road, which links the city of Murcia with Cartagena, exit 161.
- Airport – San Andrés Murcia bus station
- Airport – Cartagena – La Manga
- Airport – Mar Menor
- Airport – Mazarrón – Águilas
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runway(s): One (3,000m).
- Slot Coordinated: Facilitated
- Operating hours:
- Summer: 05:30-20:30
- Winter: 06:30-21:30
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: Aeronautical Information Publication (AIP)