Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Significant diasporas in different European countries, which require traveling to Kosovo;
- Several countries being not served with direct services;
- Huge market demand mostly in countries were diaspora is located;
- Touristic attractions: Kosovar cuisine, religious heritage, unique traditions and natural landscapes – mountains, lakes etc.
Marketing and other support
Pristina Airport’s route development and marketing team is fully dedicated to the development of your airline business, marketing plans and promotion of your products. We offer:
- New route incentive programmes;
- Additional frequency incentive programmes;
- High traffic volume incentive programmes;
- Fixed Base Operation Support Incentive;
- Marketing Support Incentive;
- The Non-Residential Premises Incentive
- Off-Peak Time Support Incentive
Airport Catchment area
- 30-minute catchment area – one million population;
- 60-minute catchment area – 1.5 million population;
- 90-minute catchment area – 2.5 million population;
- 120-minute catchment area – four million population.
Pristina International Airport is located in close proximity to the capital city of Kosovo – Pristina, which has a population of more than 200,000 inhabitants.
Most of other major cities are located within the 30-minute catchment area.
Pristina Airport is very accessible to Albanians (mostly from the northern part) as well as to a great percentage of population of several Macedonian cities, namely Tetovo, Sopje, Gostivar and Kumanova. In addition, the airport caters for travellers in some regions of Montenegro and cities in the southern part of Serbia.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- Kosovo is an important producer of fruit drinks, which are exported to the European Union and the USA;
- Kosovo has a strong and flourishing wine industry;
- The airport is located four kilometres away from a major industrial park;
- The wood processing industry is highly developed in Kosovo.
- Situated 16 kilometres away from the city centre;
- Located in the centre of Kosovo;
- Excellent public transport access;
- Close connections to the motorway.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runaway: One runway (17/35) – 2,501 metres;
- Slot Coordinated: Level 2 coordinated airport;
- Operating hours: 24 hours.
- Aircraft parking:
- Four gates with air bridges;
- 12 remote stands.
- Terminal : One passenger building – opened in October 2013:
- Total floor area: 42,000 square metres;
- Capacity: up to 4.5 million passengers per year;
- 26 check-in desks, along with one designed for oversized baggage;
- Five self-check-in counters;
- Eight boarding gates;
- Duty free shops, bars and restaurants in the restricted area
- Restaurant, bars, gift shop, bank office, car rental offices, tour operator offices in the public departure area.
- One cargo terminal:
- Total floor area: 303 square metres;
- Storage capacity: 1,333 cube metres.
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
- Planned runway extension project;
- Upgrade on ILS system from CAT II to CAT III.
- Passenger traffic: 1.4 million passengers in 2014: mostly diaspora, business and international travellers;
- Freight traffic: 130 tonnes in 2014;
- Largest carrier(s): Adria Airways by air transport movements in 2014; Germania by passengers in 2014;
- Average load factor: around 80% in 2014.