Other Major reasons to serve this airport
- Poznań Airport is one of the leading polish regional airports located in the middle between Warsaw and Berlin, with a catchment area of 4.5 million within a 150 km radius (two hour drive).
- In terms of its population, Poznań is similar to Boston, Lisbon, Helsinki and Stuttgart. The City itself has 565,000 inhabitants rising to 850,000 in the metropolitan area.
- With over 60 fairs and exhibitions (for which Poznań boasts a diverse conference and congress infrastructure), 140,000 students attending 31 universities and colleges, and 160 frequently-held sports and cultural events, Poznań is known as “the city of business, sport and education.”
- Poznań is also home to many foregin investments including the automotive industry (Volkswagen, Bridgestone, MAN, Exide, Kimball Electronics), pharmaceutical industry (GlaxoSmithKline), food industry (Lorenz Bahlsen Snack World, Wrigley, Unilever, Uniq Lisner), shared service centre (SCC) outsourcing services (Carlsberg, MAN, GlaxoSmithKline, Franklin Templeton Investments) and other enterprises in the industrial processing sector – SAB Miller, Imperial Tobacco, Beiersdorf etc
- Poznań with its over 1,000 years of history, is a unique city, not only because of its cultural and business traditions, but also thanks to its citizens who create the city’s ambience: The capital of Wielkopolska is one of the oldest and most dynamically developing cities in Poland.
- Poznań Airport generated significant passenger growth 2007-08 and offers 18 international routes, one domestic service and over 20 charter destinations during summer and winter.
- Overall Poznań Airport maintains the third largest charter market in Poland, the second-largest business passenger market, and the first in terms of growth in 2008!
Marketing and other support
Poznań Airport offers a wide range of marketing support to our airlines partners who decide to open new routes or increase frequency on existing routes:
- Full market and region information – statistics, analysis, economic data
- New route PR support – inaugural flight, press conference, additional activities for press, pax and VIP
- Airport marketing – web site and terminal banners, airport LCD’s campaign, adverts in airport magazine, etc.
- Campaign in city and region
- Close cooperation with local business and tourist organisations – newsletters, inner campaigns, study tours
- Poznań is situated at the junction of major international roads – the E-30 from Berlin via Warsaw to Moscow and the E-261 from Gdansk via Wroclaw to Prague.
- Poznań is an attractive location for all types of investments. Independent international and local ratings confirm the city’s high position among Poland’s largest cities
- Poznań’s major advantages include: an exceptionally good location; the effectiveness of the economic transformation process in the city; the absorptive power of the local market; the quality of the labour market; as well as a good technical infrastructure and a favourable social climate for inward investment.
- The other assets that investors find important include transportation accessibility and the extensive transport infrastructure.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- automotive industry (Volkswagen, Bridgestone, MAN, Exide, Kimball Electronics)
- Pharmaceutical industry (GlaxoSmithKline)
- Food industry (The Lorenz Bahlsen Snack World, Wrigley, Unilever, Uniq Lisner
- Industrial processing (SAB Miller, Imperial Tobacco, Beiersdorf)
- Warehouse: area 1455 sq.m., import and export sections, valuable and hazardous cargo section, terminal registered in Lufthansa Cargo codebook
- Equipment: transfer corridors, Heimann equipment, office area, custom offices
Poznań Airport is located in the heart of European transit routes with perfect access to the major points of city and region:
- City centre – 7, 0 km
- Poznań International Fairs – 4,5 km
- Railway station – 5,0 km
- A2 motorway junction – 3,0 km
- Logistic centres – 9,0 km
- Public bus services – 4 lines (incl. fast & night line)
- Selected TAXI operators
- Secured parking area
- Major rental car operators
- Road distance to major cities of region: Bydgoszcz – 131 km , Gniezno – 48 km , Gorzow Wielkopolski – 132 km , Kalisz – 124 km , Lodz – 203 km , Pila – 102 km , Wroclaw – 177 km , Zielona Gora – 130 km, Leszno – 79 km, Konin – 106 km
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runways (number and length):
- 1 runway (29/11) – 2503 x 50 m
- No slot coordination required
- Operating hours: 24 / 7
- Terminals: Passenger Terminal – 14000 sq. m, 2 floors, Cargo Terminal –1455 sq. m., General Aviation Terminal
- Other relevant Infrastructure & Operations details:
push-back service, CUTE platform
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
- Terminal Infrastructure & Apron extension before EURO 2012
- Additional parking spaces from Summer 2009
- Total pax in 2008: 1,274,679 (+ 42,13 % vs. year 2007 )
For airport charges & financials please contact Poznań Airport Ltd. Marketing Department.