Other major reasons to serve this airport
- The city is famous worldwide for the San Fermin celebration, from July 6 to 14 – its most famous event is the “running of the bulls”.
- Navarra has important industry in high tech sectors such as windmills, aerospace auxiliary industry and the automotive industry.
- Pamplona is well connected by highways and it has access to Spain’s High Speed rail network.
- Pamplona Airport has implemented an Integrated Quality and Environmental Management System, certified according to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards.
- Pamplona Airport was certified by the Spanish Aviation Agency (AESA), according to EU 139/2014 regulation.
Marketing and other support
- For new routes;
- For increasing number of passengers on a route: on long-haul routes, on airports with less than three million passengers and seasonal airports during the off-peak season;
- Off-peak days;
- Connecting flights;
- Freight: is exempted of cargo charge from the 5 July 2014;
- Airport charges decrease on average 2.2% annually until 2021.
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme and PR support are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/airport-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): email@example.com
Market information: statistics and market analysis on request at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 30-minutes catchment: 404,000.
- 60-minute catchment: 1,600,000.
- 120-minute catchment: 4,300,000.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- Pamplona Airport is situated at eight kilometres from the city, between the towns of Noain and Esquiroz.
- To reach the airport, take the N-121 national highway in the direction of Zaragoza and exit onto the NA-6006 motorway at kilometre five.
- Line 16 – Aizoain-Noain-Beriain.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runways: One (2,405m).
- Slot Coordinated: Facilitated.
- Operating hours:
- Summer 04:30-21:45;
- Winter 05:30-22:45 UTC.
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: Airport Information Publication (AIP)
For more regional information please go to:
- Navarra Tourism: http://www.visitnavarra.es
- Pamplona City Hall: http://www.pamplona.es
- Tourism in Spain: http://www.spain.info
- Passengers (commercial): 159,900 domestic passengers; 45,600 international passengers.
- Air Transport Movements: 96% scheduled flights; 4% charter flights.
- Freight: 29,300 tonnes.
- Main carriers: Air Nostrum, Lufthansa.