Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Major cultural and sun and beach tourist attractions.
- The island has more than 550 kilometres of coastline and 208 beaches −158 of them are sandy.
- Multi-cultural and lively city.
- Potential for convention and congress tourism.
- Hidden natural areas like Sa Calobra, and one UNESCO World Heritage Site: the Sierra de Tramuntana.
- La Seu is the second highest Gothic cathedral among the European Gothic cathedrals.
- It is a perfect place to practice water sports.
- Highly recommended Mediterranean cuisine and local origin products: wine (Binissalem) and olives.
- Health tourism: talaso-therapy centres, spa hotels, beauty centres.
- Many private companies have rewarded the airport’s work:
- Palma de Mallorca was in the top ten Southern Europe Airports in the Skytrax 2013 passengers surveys;
- In 2011, Palma de Mallorca Airport was distinguished in the Airport Service Quality Awards in the category of Best Improvement by ACI;
- Winner of the ACI Europe Best Airport 2009 Award at the “10-25 million passenger” category for its strong relationships with its airline customers and its successful adoption of a hub strategy.
Marketing and other support
- For new routes;
- For increasing number of passengers on a route: on long-haul routes, on airports with less than three million passengers and seasonal airports during the off-peak season;
- Off-peak days;
- Connecting flights;
- Freight: is exempted of cargo charge from the 5 July 2014;
- The Spanish Government has approved a 11% reduction in all airport charges in the period 2017-2021 (2.2% annually). It is effective as of 1 March 2017.
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/promotional-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): firstname.lastname@example.org
Market information: statistics and market analysis on request at email@example.com
The map shows the population living near Palma de Mallorca Airport, and the nearest airports in the area (Ibiza and Menorca airports). There are 861,430 people living on Mallorca.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- For freight opportunities, click here
- For further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Palma de Mallorca airport is located eight kilometres east of the main city.
- The airport can be accessed from the Palma-Santanyi motorway.
- Route 1 – Airport-City-Port.
- Route 21 – S’Arenal-Airport.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runways: Two runways (3,000 m, 3,270m).
- Slot Coordinated: Coordinated.
- Operating hours: 24 hours.
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite/navegacion-aerea/es/Page/1078418725163/?other=1083158950596&other2=1083857759262#ancla340
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
Look for more Balearic region information at:
- Passengers (commercial): 5.8m domestic passengers; 20.4m international passengers.
- Air Transport Movements: 89% scheduled flights; 11% charter flights.
- Freight: 10,453 tonnes.
- Largest carriers (Top five): airberlin, Ryanair, Air Europa, easyJet and Vueling.