Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Major cultural and sun & beach tourist attractions.
- The island has more than 550 kilometres of coasts and 208 beaches, 158 of them are sandy.
- Multi-cultural and lively city.
- Potential for convention and congress tourism.
- Hidden natural areas like Sa Calobra and one UNESCO World Heritage Site: the Serra de Tramuntana.
- La Seu is the second highest Gothic cathedral among the European Gothic cathedrals.
- It is a perfect place to practice water sports.
- Highly recommended Mediterranean cuisine and local of origin products: wine (Binissalem) and olives.
- Health tourism: talaso-therapy centres, spa hotels, beauty centres.
- P. Mallorca airport has implemented an Integrated Quality and Environmental Management System, certified according to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards.
- Many private companies and associations have rewarded the airport´s work:
- P. Mallorca airport is committed to protecting the environment, in accordance with the Aena Integrated Quality, Environment and Energy Efficiency Management Policy.
- P. Mallorca airport has a Web Trak application to control the Acoustic impact, available on Aena’s webpage, which provides precise and transparent information on aeronautical operations and their sound levels.
- P. Mallorca airport was awarded by the Balearic Bussiness Federation of Transports for the good institutional relations and the excellent air traffic data registered in 2015.
- P. Mallorca is listed within the top ten Southern Europe Airports in the Skytrax 2013 passengers surveys.
- In 2011, the P. Mallorca airport was distinguished with the Airport Service Quality Awards by Skytrax in the category of Best Improvement by ACI.
- P. Mallorca airport was certified by the Spanish Aviation Agency (AESA), according to EU 139/2014 regulation.
- Winner of the ACI Europe Best Airport 2009 Award at the “10-25 million passenger” category for its strong relationships with its airline costumers & its successful adoption of a hub strategy.
- P. Mallorca airport has Level-2 certification under ACI Europe’s Airport Carbon Accreditation Programme for its reduced carbon footprint.
Marketing and other support
- Operation recovery.
- Off-peak days.
- Connecting flights.
- Freight: Exempted of cargo charge from the 5th of July 2014
- Airport charges decrease on average by 2,2% annually until 2021
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information, please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations, etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information, please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/airport-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): firstname.lastname@example.org
Market information: statistics & market analysis on request at email@example.com
The map shows the population living near Palma de Majorca Airport (the green square), and the nearest airports in the area (Ibiza and Menorca Airports).
There are 880,113 people living in Mallorca.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- Palma de Mallorca airport is located eight kilometres east of the main city.
- The airport can be accessed from the Palma-Santanyi motorway.
- Route 1: Airport-City-Port
- Route 21: S’Arenal-Airport
- Line A11: Peguera-Magaluf-Airport
- Line A32: Can Picafort-Platja Muro/Alcúdia-Airport
- Line A42: Cala Bona-Cala Millor-Airport
- Line A51: Campos-s’Arenal de Llucmajor–Airport
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runways: Two runways (3,000 m, 3,270m).
- Slot Coordinated: Coordinated.
- Operating hours: 24 hours.
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: Aeronautical Information Publication (AIP)
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
Look for more Balearic region information at:
- Passengers (commercial): 7.5 millions domestic pax; 22.2 millions international pax.
- Flights: 92% regular; 8% charter.
- Freight: 9,000 tons
- Largest carriers (Top 5): Ryanair, Eurowings, Vueling, easyJet and Air Europa.