|United Arab Emirates|
Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Major cultural and sun & beach tourist attractions.
- The island counts with more than 550 kilometers of coast and 208 beaches, 158 of them are sandy.
- Multicultural and lively city.
- Potential for convention and congress tourism.
Marketing and other support
- Incentives are available in the Spanish airports in 2014:
- Passenger growth incentive: 75% discount in the passenger charge, for the additional passengers on a route to the same destination (50% in 2014 and 25% in 2015). 100% discount in the passenger charge if the route is to a new destination (75% in 2014 and 25% in 2015).
- Seasonality incentive: 20% discount in passenger and security charges for passengers carried during the months of November to March in the Balearic islands
- Transfer incentive: 30% discount on passenger and security charges for the connecting passengers.
- Cargo incentive: 100% reduction in cargo charge for connecting flights. 50% reduction in cargo charge for international flights.
- PR support for new routes such as:
- Opening flight ceremony: a press release, water cannon salute at the opening flight.
- Promotional discounts: Discount at the Airport’s parking for the passengers of the new route, discounts at participating airport food & beverage points, discount at the Airport’s VIP lounge for the passengers of the route.
- Promotion of the new route: Promotion of the new route at Aena’s web page, social networks…
- Publicity at the airport: Space at the airport for publicity
- For further information, please contact email@example.com
- Possible cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Market information: statistics & market analysis on request at email@example.com
The map shows the population living near Palma de Mallorca Airport, and the nearest airports in the area (Ibiza and Menorca Airports).
- Population of the main cities in the Balearic Islands
- Palma de Mallorca: 404,681
- Manacor: 40,859
- Alcúdia: 19,112
- Ibiza: 49,516
- Santa Eulária des Riu: 32,637
- Formentera: 9,962
- Ciutadella: 29,247
- There are 1.2 million inhabitants in the Balearic Islands
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- For freight opportunities go to: http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite/comercial/en/Page/1237559484370/Air-cargo.html
- For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Palma de Mallorca airport is located 8 km east of downtown Palma.
- The airport can be accessed from the Palma-Santanyi motorway.
- Route 1: Airport-City-Port
- Route 21: S’Arenal-Airport
Infrastructure & Operations:
- Runways: 2 runways (3000 m – 3270m)
- Slot Coordinated: Coordinated
- Operating hours: 24 hours
- Terminals: 1
- AIP: http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite/navegacion-aerea/en/Page/1078418725163/?other=1083158950596&other2=1083857759262#ancla340
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
Look for more Balearic region information at:
- Passengers (commercial): 5,602,634 domestic pax; 17,048,983 international pax
- Air Transport Movements: 85% regular flights; 15% charter flights
- Freight: 13.7 tons
- Largest carriers (Top 10): Air Berlin, Ryanair, Air Europa, easyJet, Condor, Thomson Airways, Vueling, Tuifly, Air Nostrum and Niki