Other major reasons to serve this airport
- The countries located on the Baltic east coast, namely Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and Kaliningrad region that is part of Russia, are experiencing rapid expansion;
- Palanga Airport is situated close to the Baltic Sea and the ice-free port of Klaipėda, which has a large capacity and a modern infrastructure;
- The entire oil industry is concentrated in the western part of Lithuania;
- There are convenient and fast links with neighbouring countries Latvia (Liepaja region) as well as Russia (Kaliningrad Oblast);
- The west of Lithuania has abundant wildlife and nature. With an ever-growing tourism infrastructure, it is an ideal place for tourism and recreation;
- The west of Lithuania is the second region of the country for attracting foreign investment.
Marketing/and other support
- Lithuanian Airports’ route development and marketing team is fully dedicated to the development of your airline business, marketing plans and promotion of your products.
- We offer a variety of support to welcome and promote new routes, such as: press releases and announcements; flight opening press conferences; activities related with an inaugural flight; press trip in cooperation with tourist boards; and workshops with travel agencies.
- Possible support from Klaipėda region.
- Airline incentive program; please contact us for further details on the Airline Incentive Program
- 60-minute catchment area – 400,000 population;
- 120-minute catchment area – 500,000 population;
- 180-minute catchment area – 700,000 population.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
Palanga Airport doesn’t feature any freight opportunities at this stage, please contact airport for more information.
- Situated in an excellent geographical location with great economic potential;
- Located close to the Baltic Sea and 35 kilometres away from the ice-free port of Klaipėda.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runway: One runway (01/19) – 2,280 metres;
- Slot Coordinated: No slot constraints;
- Operating hours: 24/7;
- Terminal: One terminal building, having been modernised in 2011, with a capacity of 500,000 passengers per year.
- Passengers: 295,407 passengers served in 2017 (144.080 scheduled and 1.361 charter).
- Freight: 31,5 tons of cargo served in 2017.
- Largest carrier: SAS.
- The airport had doubled the number of served passangers in recent two years (2015: 145,441 PAX; 2017:297,197 PAX).