New routes and frequency possibilities and why these routes would work
|Cimber Sterling operated NRK-MUC until October 2009. Travel pattern surveys, as well as regional business point to increasing demand for inbound and outbound traffic to Germany.|
Low-cost airline potential to south and east coast
Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Norrköping offers all kinds of activities: shopping, entertainment, culture etc. The city is positioned by the sea and is 160kms south of Stockholm. Scandinavia’s largest wildlife park, Kolmården, is located north of the city, lying in a wilderness area with deep green forests. To the east of the airport is Sweden’s most unspoiled archipelago located in the Baltic Sea. Not too many tourists have yet discovered this romantic area. The archipelago stretches from the bay by Norrköping called Bråviken and 120 km to the south where it ends by the city of Västervik.
Marketing and other support
- PR support
- Active marketing support
- Market analysis
Norrköping’s 130,000 inhabitants live in the heart of Sweden’s fourth largest catchment area.
- 380,000 inhabitants in Norrköping, Linköping and Nyköping
- 2.4 millon inhabitants within two hours of Norrköping
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- Norrköping Airport is a logistical centre, positioned 5km east of downtown Norrköping. It is also close to the E4 and E22 motorways and train station.
- Connected to the city centre by public bus transportation
- Norrköping port is 2km north of the airport
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runways: 1 runway; 2,203 metres long
- Not slot coordinated
- Operating hours: According to scheduled traffic
- Terminals: 1. Capacity of 500,000 passengers.
- Passenger numbers: 115,500 (2010)
- Freight: 149 tons