Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Approximately 75 miles to Toronto (the most populous city in Canada).
- There are over 9.7 Million residents that live in this bi-national US/Canadian region (based on a 100 km radius catchment area)
- Last year, over 80% of the passengers at IAG were Canadian
- Niagara Falls itself attracts over 22 Million visitors each year
Marketing and other support
- New entrant and route specific incentive program
- Grass roots marketing support to communicate new routes
- Significant cooperation for area’s tourism agencies
- Click here to view Niagara Falls International Airport’s Incentive scheme
- Total 100 km radius catchment area population: 9.7 Million (2010 Census)
- Population of the nine Western New York State counties in our 100 km
catchment area: 2.3 Million
(Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Monroe, Niagara, Orleans, and Wyoming Counties)
- Population of the nine Canadian census divisions in our 100 km
catchment area: 7.4 Million
(Toronto, Durham, Halton, Peel, York, Brant, Haldimand-Norfolk, Hamilton, and Niagara)
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- Centrally located in the North East of the US, within 10 hrs driving distance (or less) of 65% of the entire US population. Chicago, New York, Boston and Washington, DC are all easily reached via interstate highway system.
- Less than a two hour drive from downtown Toronto, directly accessible via a modern highway system.
- Buffalo, NY – 23 miles/35km
- Niagara Falls – 5 miles/7km
- Toronto, Canada – 75 miles/110km
- Rochester, NY – 75 miles/11km
Airport is located adjacent to US Interstate I-190, which is a direct connection into the vast US Interstate Highway system. Additionally, the surface connection to the greater Toronto area is also via a modern highway system.
Infrastructure & Operations:
RWY 10L–28R: 9,829’ X 150’
RWY 06–24: 5,188’ X 150’
RWY 10R–28L: 3,973’ X 75’
- Slot Coordinated?: No
- Operating hours: Attended 24/7, Tower operations 1200–0400Z
- Terminals: One terminal with 4 gates (two of which have passenger boarding bridges), new construction 2009.
- Min. connect time: n/a
- FIS facility
- Spirit Airlines and Allegiant Air currently operate scheduled flights at IAG, operating approximately 15 flights per week to 4 destinations in Florida (and beyond) and 1 destination in South Carolina.
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
- 2012 Passengers (total in & out): 180,000
- 2012 Freight (total in & out): Minimal
- Carriers: Spirit Airlines and Allegiant Air
- In 2012, over 80% of the license plates in our parking lots were Canadian