Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Murcia is a tourist area with a strong potential and relevant development in the past years. Close to Alicante, it is famous for its Mediterranean beaches, extremely good weather, sports and leisure attractions.
- Second residence for European tourists.
- The recently finished expansion program includes a new terminal, control tower, runway and taxiways.
Marketing and other support
Aena offers airlines an extensive range of incentives. See the new incentive that Aena offers airlines in 2017 and discover which one suits your type of operation best:
- For increasing number of passengers on a route
- Off-peak days;
- Connecting flights;
- Freight: is exempted of cargo charge from the 5 July 2014;
- The Spanish Governement has approved an 11% reduction in all the airport charges in the period 2017-2021 (2.2% annually). It will be effective as of 1 March 2017.
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme and PR support are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/promotional-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): firstname.lastname@example.org
Market information: statistics & market analysis on request at email@example.com
To contact the local authorities, please go to http://www.murciaturistica.es
- 30-minute catchment: 1,063,249.
- 60-minute catchment: 2,612,249.
- 120-minute catchment: 4,182,234.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- Murcia-San Javier Airport is located on the north shoreline of the Mar Menor.
- Access for the airport by road is from both the Mar Menor road, which links the city of Murcia with the airport, and from the AP-7.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runways: One runway for civilian use (2,320 m).
- Slot Coordinated: Facilitated.
- Operating hours: Summer 05:30-20:30 Monday-Friday (& holidays); 06:30-20:30 Saturday-Sunday (+one hour PPR); Winter 06:30-21:30 Monday-Friday (& holidays); 07:30-21:30 Saturday-Sunday (+one hour PPR).
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: http://www.enaire.es/csee/Satellite/navegacion-aerea/es/Page/1078418725163/?other=1083158950596&other2=1083857759167#ancla3
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
For more regional information please go to:
- Passengers (commercial): 19,211 domestic passengers; 1.1m international passengers.
- Air transport movements: 98% regular flights; 2% charter flights.
- Largest carriers (top five): Ryanair, easyJet, Jet2.com, TUI Airlines Belgium and Aer Lingus.