Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Murcia is a tourist area with a strong potential and relevant development in the past years. Close to Alicante, it is famous for its Mediterranean beaches, extremely good weather, and sports and leisure attractions.
- Second residence for European tourists.
- The recently finished expansion program includes a new terminal, control tower, runway and taxiways.
Marketing and other support
- For increasing number of passengers on a route;
- Connecting flights;
- Freight: is exempted of cargo charge from the 5 July 2014;
- Note: A 1.9% reduction in all the airport charges will be effective on 1st March 2016.
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme and PR support are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations, temporary discounts on parking, VIP lounges, shops and F&B, etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/promotional-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): email@example.com
Market information: statistics and market analysis on request at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the local authorities, please go to http://www.murciaturistica.es
- 30-minute catchment: 562,269.
- 60-minute catchment: 2,354,378.
- 120-minute catchment: 4,206,171.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- Murcia-San Javier Airport is located on the north shoreline of the Mar Menor.
- Access for the airport by road is from both the Mar Menor road, which links the city of Murcia with the airport, and from the AP-7.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runways: One runway for civilian use (2,320 m).
- Slot Coordinated: Facilitated.
- Operating hours: Summer 05:30-20:30 Monday-Friday (& holidays); 06:30-20:30 Saturday-Sunday (+one hour PPR); Winter 06:30-21:30 Monday-Friday (& holidays); 07:30-21:30 Saturday-Sunday (+one hour PPR).
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: http://www.enaire.es/csee/Satellite/navegacion-aerea/es/Page/1078418725163/?other=1083158950596&other2=1083857759167#ancla341
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
For more regional information please go to:
- Murcia Municipal Tourist Office
- Region of Murcia Tourist Website
- Mar Menor Tourist Association
- Tourism in Spain
- Passengers (commercial): 20,821 domestic passengers; 1m international passengers.
- Air transport movements: 98% regular flights; 2% charter flights.
- Largest carriers (top five): Ryanair, easyJet, Jet2.com, Jetairfly and Norwegian.