Other major reasons to serve this airport
- FMO is an international airport: open 24/7/365 without slot restrictions;
- Attractive unique catchment area with 3.3m inhabitants covering the north-western part of Germany and eastern part of the Netherlands;
- Strong and diversified local economy;
- Diversified international population within catchment area;
- Proven demand for several unserved routes;
- FMO offers an attractive and long-term incentive package to launch new routes and to increase frequencies of the existing routes.
Marketing and other support
- FMO offers an attractive and long-term incentive package to launch new routes and to increase frequencies on existing routes depending on destination and passenger volume.
- Airport charges and handling fees: Discounts on airport charges as well as aircraft and passenger handling fees; and FMO is the only provider of handling services, no separate negotiations necessary.
- Marketing support: Tailor-made and comprehensive marketing solution to promote routes.
- Please contact the aviation marketing team if you want to learn more about the FMO’s route opportunities and attractive incentives.
- Attractive and densely populated catchment area:
North-western part of Germany (North Rhine-Westphalia and Lower Saxony) as well as eastern part of the Netherlands;
- 30-minute drive time*: 0.68m inhabitants;
- 60-minute drive time*: 3.21m inhabitants;
- 90-minute drive time*: 9.00m inhabitants;
- Unique catchment*: 3.21m inhabitants;
- Key cities: Münster (314k inhabitants), Osnabrück (165k inhabitants) and Enschede (159k inhabitants) are largest cities;
*Based on average drive time, not fastest drive time.
- Local economy:
- Economically strong catchment area with medium-sized companies in diversified economic sectors;
- Manufacturing industry: e.g. car component suppliers, mechanical engineering, coatings;
- Service industry: e.g. insurance, logistics, management consulting, retail;
- Strong international business links with increase in exports;
- Münster is one of the largest university cities (60k students) in Germany.
- Diversified international population:
- Diversified international population (299k foreign nationals / 748k people with migration background within unique catchment);
- Large and growing community from key countries (Poland 38k / Romania 24k / Bulgaria 11k / Kosovo 9k / Serbia 8k / Russia 8k / Turkey 30k / Italy 9k / Portugal 8k);
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- New cargo terminal with intermodal capabilities.
- Attractive 24/7/365 operation without night curfew.
- Located in the Northwest of Germany, 26km away from Münster and 34km away from Osnabrück.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Terminal: 3.5m passenger capacity.
- Runway: 2,170m length and CAT IIIa.
- Open 24/7/365 – no night curfew.
- Not slot coordinated.
- Modern infrastructure (new terminal, air bridges, multi-storey car parks).
- Dedicated general aviation terminal, aircraft maintenance facilities and cargo terminal.
- Excellent transport links: direct motorway access and public transport.
- Number of passengers: 993,000 passengers in 2019 (-3%).
- 10 scheduled and charter airlines including: Lufthansa, Corendon Airlines, SunExpress, Eurowings, Lauda.
- Network: about 20 destinations