Milas-Bodrum Airport is located on an area of 112,200 m². It provides service with 28 aircraft parking space, 92 check-in counters, and 8 baggage claim conveyors.
In 2015, BJV handled 3.9 million total passengers, 1.5 million of which were domestic travelers.
New route possibilities
- Corendon, Thomas Cook UK, Thomson Airlines, Easyjet, Monarch, Freebird, Pegasus and many other airlines operate at the airport serving various European and Middle Eastern destinations. BJV is also very well connected to major cities of Turkey.
- Turkish Airlines, Onur Air, Anadolujet and AtlasGlobal operate to Ankara and Istanbul frequently. Number of domestic flights peaks during summer season.
Major reasons to serve this airport
- Located within the borders of Muğla province, the airport is situated between Milas and Bodrum, two important cities of antique Caria region. Furthermore, it plays a very significant role in the transportation to tourism centers such as Didim, Kuşadası, Söke of Aydın province as well as Muğla. The airport is only 32 km away from Bodrum, 12 km away from Milas and 82 km away from Didim.
- Once lived as a small town famous for sponge diving, today Bodrum serves as the prime destination for tourists who look for the unique combination of untouched nature, 5000 years of historic past, blue flag beaches and a spectacular climate.
- Bodrum and its vicinity welcomed more than 2 million foreign visitors in 2015.
- Bodrum hosts all of the attractions one could dream at a vacation spot. The peninsula hosts a number of bays with different amenities. One can enjoy the silence of Bitez, windsurf in Ortakent, freshen up with a little breeze in Yalikavak, get spoiled with luxurious clubs in Golturkbuku, experience the perfect combination of forest and sea in Gundogan and dine at the Turgutreis Marina witnessing a magnificient sunset.
- Bodrum Castle, Ancient Theatre, Museum of Underwater Archaeology are some of the must see places for the ones that love the history.
- Many shopping attractions are available ranging from local handcrafts to world renowned designer pieces. Local bazaars are very famous in the town and sell all sorts of souvenirs as well as apparel and local food.
- Also famous for its vivid night life, Bodrum offers different concepts of entertainment. Either in a little local tavern, jet-set chic restaurant or colorful club you will find what you are looking for.
- Bodrum is also well known internationally since a lot of foreigners own second-houses in the town.
Marketing and other support
Please download the Milas – Bodrum Airport brochure for more information.
Airport Catchment area
- Milas – Bodrum Airport (BJV) is the primary air transportation gateway for the towns of Muğla Merkez, Bodrum, Milas, Yatağan, Kavaklıdere and Didim. Located 120 km away from the BJV Airport, Kuşadası is also considered partially within the airport’s catchment area.
|Airport Distance to
Major Tourist Destinations (km)
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
Infrastructure & Operations
- Terminal Area: 112,200 m²
- Single Runway: 3,000m*45m
|Milas – Bodrum Airport (BJV)||2014||2015||Change|
|BJV Freight (tonnes)||18,401||25,096||43,497||19,955||21,305||41,261||8%||-15%||-5%|