Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Relevant tourist hot spot.
- Menorca has been a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve since 1983, and has developed an environmentally friendly tourism.
- Footwear, leather goods, jewellery and other small industries makes this island one of the best destinations for business in the Mediterranean Sea.
- Menorca is the third most popular of the Balearic Islands, widely appreciated for its more intimate, private feel.
- Menorca is especially well-known for its traditional summer fiestas, which intrigue many visitors. The ‘Festes de Sant Joan’ is held annually in Ciutadella, for three days.
- The port of Mahon, located to the east coast of the island, is the second largest natural harbor in Europe. Currently it combines tourist and industrial functions, along with numerous cruises.
Marketing and other support
- For new routes;
- For increasing number of passengers on a route: on long-haul routes, on airports with less than three million passengers and seasonal airports during the off-peak season;
- Off-peak days;
- Connecting flights;
- Freight: is exempted of cargo charge from the 5 July 2014;
- Airport charges decrease on average by 2.2% annually until 2021.
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/promotional-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): firstname.lastname@example.org
Market information: statistics and market analysis on request at email@example.com
- There are around 91,920 people living in Menorca (within 30 minutes).
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- For freight opportunities, click here.
- For further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Menorca Airport is located approximately 4.5 kilometres to the south-west of the island’s capital, Mahon.
- From Mahon: access is by the PM-704; then take the PM-709, towards the airport.
- From Ciutadella: access is by the C-721; then take the PM-709, towards the airport.
- Line 10: Airport – Mahón.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runways: One (2,550 metres).
- Slot Coordinated: Coordinated during the summer season, facilitated during the winter season.
- Operating hours: Summer 05:00-22:30 (+45 min PPR); Winter 06:00-21:00 UTC (+45 min PPR).
- Terminals: One (inaugurated in July 2009).
- AIP: Aeronautical Information Publication (AIP)
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
For more regional information please go to:
- Balearic Islands Official Tourist Information: Majorca, Minorca, Ibiza and Formentera
- Menorca Island Council
- Mahón City Hall
- Tourism in Spain
- Passengers (commercial): 1.7m domestic passengers; 1.7m international passengers.
- Air Transport Movements: 83% scheduled flights; 17% charter flights.
- Freight: 1,200 tonnes.
- Largest carriers (top five): Vueling, Air Nostrum, easyJet, Thomson Airways and Jet2.com.