Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Relevant tourist hot spot.
- Menorca is a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve since 1983, and has developed an environmentally friendly tourism.
- Footwear, leather goods, jewelry and other small industries makes this island one of the best destinies for business in the Mediterranean Sea.
Marketing and other support
- Available incentives in the Spanish airports in 2014:
- Passenger growth incentive: 75% discount in the passenger charge, for the additional passengers on a route to the same destination (50% in 2014 and 25% in 2015). 100% discount in the passenger charge if the route is to a new destination (75% in 2014 and 25% in 2015).
- Seasonality incentive: 20% discount in passenger and security charges for passengers carried during the months of November to March in the Balearic Islands.
- Transfer incentive: 30% discount on passenger and security charges for the connecting passengers.
- Cargo incentive: 100% reduction in cargo charge for connecting flights. 50% reduction in cargo charge for international flights.
- PR support for new routes:
- Opening flight ceremony: a press release, water cannon salute for the opening flight.
- Promotional discounts: Discount at the Airport’s parking for passengers on the new route, discounts at selected airport food and beverage points, discounts at the airport’s VIP lounge for passengers on the route.
- Promotion of the new route: Promotion of the new route at Aena’s web page and social networks.
- Publicity at the airport: Space at the airport for publicity.
- For further information, please contact email@example.com
- Possible cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Market information: Statistics & market analysis on request at email@example.com
- To contact the local authorities, please go to http://www.menorca.es/
- Within 30 min: 95,000 (total population)
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- For freight opportunities go to: http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite/comercial/en/Page/1237559484370/Air-cargo.html
- For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Menorca Airport is located approximately 4,5 km to the southwest of the island’s capital, Mahon.
- From Mahon: access is by the PM-704; then take the PM-709, towards the airport.
- From Ciutadella: access is by the C-721; then take the PM-709, towards the airport.
- Line 10: Airport – Mahón
Infrastructure & Operations:
- Runways: 2 runways (2,550 m, 2,100 m).
- Slot Coordinated: Coordinated during the summer season, facilitated during the winter season.
- Operating hours: S 05:00-22:30 (+45 min PPR); W 06:00-21:00 UTC (+45 min PPR).
- Terminals: 1 (inaugurated in July 2009).
- AIP: http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite/navegacion-aerea/en/Page/1078418725163/?other=1083158950596&other2=1083857759101#ancla337
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
For more regional information please go to:
- Balearic Islands Official Tourist Information: Majorca, Minorca, Ibiza and Formentera
- Menorca Island Council
- Mahón City Hall
- Tourism in Spain
- Passengers (commercial):
- Domestic: 1,266,544
- International: 1,265,698
- Air Transport Movements:
- Scheduled: 70.1%
- Charter: 29.9%
- Freight: 1,790 tons.
- Largest carriers (Top 10): Vueling, Thomson Airways, Air Nostrum, Ryanair, Monarch Airlines, Thomas Cook UK, easyJet, Air Europa, TUIfly, airberlín.