Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Closest major airport to the City of London – 45 mins
- Competitive airport charges – cheaper v LHR/LGW
- World Class terminal design – entrance and exit always visible
- Market leader in 25min turns = high utilisation/lower unit costs
- More European destinations than any other airport in the WORLD!
- Room to grow/develop airport
- Easy slot access
- Unique Marketing Support package continually available
- Robust catchment area: London, UK and the World
- Operational excellence eg runway/terminal
- Brand new trains to arrive 2011, further enhancing existing airport terminal to Central London train services
- Excellent point to point links – 24/7 coach services to destinations all over mainland UK
- Links to East of England for additional catchment benefits.
Marketing and other support
- STN has a comprehensive marketing support package that can be offered to all airlines. This includes Radio Sponsorship, Cambridge News promotional activity, terminal advertising, terminal promotions, bus advertising, train advertising and much more.
- For a bespoke proposal or to see examples of previous campaign, contact Paul Haynes email@example.com
Key factors extending the catchment reach of this “London” airport:
- London 45 mins by dedicated Stansted Express Train
- Cambridge 30 mins by Express Train
- East of England easily accessible via M11/A11
- Full 24 hour availability of bus and coach services nationwide.
Success breeds success factor: London Stansted has more European connections than any other airport in the world.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- Excellent road & rail links to both LHR / Central London & the UK Midlands, which is a key UK logistics distribution region
- Close to Cambridge-based biotech industries
- STN-based cargo handling partners specialising in all types of cargo handling, freight forwarding & cargo air support services.
- London’s 2nd largest airport for cargo after LHR, with room to grow
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runway: 1 runway, 3,048m
- Slot coordinated
- 24 hour operations
- Market leader in 25min turnaround times
- Min. connect time – for self-connecting, STN advises two hours
- Passengers 2009: 20 million
- Freight 2009: 183,600 tonnes
- Largest carriers: Ryanair / easyJet / Air Berlin / germanwings
- As at Feb 2010: 21 airlines, 144 destinations and seven new routes announced to commence soon