Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Łódź Airport offers access to a large, independent and underserved market of Poland’s third largest city, strategically located at the very heart of the country and its road and railway transport network.
- Łódź is dynamic and rapidly growing – its 760,000 inhabitants reflect 6.8% of the total population of Poland and produce 8.6% of the country’s GDP.
- Łódź has a sound industrial and academic base, successfully feeding new foreign investments.
- Łódź’s unique character, based on the 19th century post-industrial architecture, its German-Jewish-Polish cultural heritage as well as its inexpensive shopping and leisure centres offer an excellent alternative to other Polish cities
- Łódź is renowned for its highly skilled medical, dental and beauty care centres.
- Serving Łódź provides a lot of opportunities with no fierce competition.
- MOST MODERN TERMINAL IN POLAND TO BE LAUNCHED FOR WINTER 2011 SEASON.
Watch it grow online and fly there soon: http://www.airport.lodz.pl/pl/o-lotnisku/kamera-internetowa
Marketing and other support
Łódź Airport offers marketing support to airlines serving the airport, including:
- Incentive schemes favouring carriers according to passenger volume and number of new routes opened.
- Flexible approach to marketing support.
- Support in building carrier relationships with the local public and business institutions due to the airport’s unique ownership structure entirely composed of the City and the Łódź Region.
- Airport’s own handling department making handling charges scheme more flexible
- Why would you fly to Łódź? – check what’s new in “Łódź you fly” Magazine : http://www.lodzufly.com/
Łódź is Poland’s third largest city with 760,000 inhabitants and a catchment area of 3.7 million, equal to 6.8% of the total population of Poland. This is made up of:
- City of Łódź = 760,000 inhabitants
- Łódź agglomeration = 1.2 million
- Łódź region = 3 million
- Motorway junction and direct railway link due in 2012 will further enlarge the catchment area by reducing the time needed to access the airport from neighbouring regions
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- Industry sectors which have recently secured projects in the Łódź region with a potential need for air freight include BPO, white goods and logistics.
- A number of global companies with a potential need for air freight are based in the region, including: ABB, Amcor Flexibles, RRDonnelly, Bosal, Gillette, Hutchinson, Flextronics, Fujitsu, IKEA, Foxconn, HSV, Mecalit, Isopak, Indesit, DHL, Panattoni.
- Łódź Airport is located within the City of Łódź boundaries, only 6km from the city centre.
- Excellent bus connection between the airport, the city and the railway station.
- Łódź Airport is in the very centre of Poland and will soon be at the heart of the Polish motorway network with the additional access provided by its own direct railway link (due 2012).
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runway: RWY 07/25, 2500 x 45 m, ILS/DME cat I, 3 TWY’s, PAPI.
- Fire & Rescue: RFF Cat. 7/8.
- Operating hours: H16 (07:00-23:00) – 24/7 on request.
- Two terminals: domestic/GA and international, new retail duty free zone.
- Not slot coordinated, no restrictions.
- Very quick turnaround time.
- Experience in handling non-EU flights.
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
- COMING SOON ! – Third passenger terminal (capacity: 3 million passengers) to be launched already September 2011!) Watch the construction online
- Parallel taxiway & rapid exit way due in 2012
- Airport’s own fuel station, due in 2012, will significantly decrease the fuel costs for the airlines.
- Infrastructure of Łódź Airport allows it to handle wide variety of aircrafts, from small code “A” aircraft, through B737, A320, up to B767.
- Passenger numbers (2010) – 413,500 (+25 %)
- International traffic – 412,563 (99,8 % of total traffic)
- International charter traffic – 75,000
- Freight: newly established cargo facilities are ready to operate (cargo warehouse with yearly throughput of 10,000 tonnes).
- Largest carriers: Ryanair, Wizzair
- Airport charges: (http://www.lotnisko.lodz.pl/en/about-airport/handling/airport-charges)
- Annual report: (http://www.bip.airport.lodz.pl/index.php?grupa=2&men=28&kat=21&pkat=81)