Other major reasons to serve this airport
- León is located strategically between the centre and north-west of Spain.
- León has important cultural and gastronomic attractions, and is a important city on the Way of St. James.
- The region of León has wonderful landscapes full of native flora and fauna that have attained the status of National Park.
- The city is very close to the Picos de Europa mountains, giving access to a lot of winter and summer nature sports, as well as mountain and rural tourism.
Marketing and other support
Aena offers airlines an extensive range of incentives. See the new incentive that Aena offers airlines in 2017 and discover which one suits your type of operation best:
- For increasing number of passengers on a route;
- Off-peak days;
- Connecting flights;
- Freight: is exempted of cargo charge from the 5 July 2014;
- The Spanish Governement has approved an 11% reduction in all the airport charges in the period 2017-2021 (2.2% annually). It will be effective as of 1 March 2017.
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme and PR support are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/promotional-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): firstname.lastname@example.org
Market information: statistics and market analysis on request at email@example.com
- 30-minute catchment: 217,606.
- 60-minute catchment: 358,011.
- 120-minute catchment: 2,019,073.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- León Airport is located nine kilometres from the provincial capital.
- Access to the airport by road is from the N-120 León-Astorga road.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runways: One (3,000m).
- Operating hours: Summer 07:30-19:00; Winter 08:30-20:00.
- AIP: http://www.enaire.es/csee/Satellite/navegacion-aerea/es/Page/1078418725163/?other=1083158950596&other2=1083857758757#ancla3
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
For more information about León and its region, go to:
- Passengers (commercial): 29,318 domestic passengers; 6,682 indirect passengers.
- Air Transport Movements: 80% scheduled flights; 20% charter flights.
- Largest carriers: Air Nostrum.