Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Leon is located strategically between the centre and north-west of Spain. It is a first class destination for the cultural tourism thanks to its remarkable national heritage and historic monuments such like the Cathedral, San Marcos and San Isidoro for instance.
- Astorga is a village located 51 km from León that is worth visiting: the Palacio Episcopal, by Antonio Gaudí, and the Cathedral of Santa María are some of the most relevant spots.
- Leon has important cultural and gastronomic attractions, and is a relevant city in the Way of St James.
- The region of Leon has wonderful landscapes full of native flora and fauna that have attained the status of National Parks.
- Very close to Picos de Europa Mountains, giving access to a lot of winter and summer nature sports, as well as mountain and rural tourism.
- Information about COVID-19 measures in place can be found at Info COVID-19.
Marketing and other support
Aena offers airlines an extensive range of incentives. See the new incentive that Aena offers in 2020 and discover which one suit your type of operation best:
- Operation recovery.
- Off-peak days.
- Connecting flights.
- Freight: Exempted of cargo charge from the 5th of July 2014
- Airport charges decrease on average by 2,2% annually until 2021
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information, please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations, etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information, please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/airport-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): firstname.lastname@example.org
Market information: statistics & market analysis on request at email@example.com
- 30-minute catchment: 237,102.
- 60-minute catchment: 453,076.
- 120-minute catchment: 2,001,772.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- León Airport is located nine kilometres from the provincial capital.
- Access to the airport by road is from the N-120 León-Astorga road.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runways: One (3,000m).
- Operating hours: Summer 07:30-19:00; Winter 08:30-20:00.
- AIP: Airport Information Publication (AIP)
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
For more information about León and its region, go to:
- Passengers (commercial): 54,300 domestic pax; 11,700 international pax.
- Flights: 79% scheduled; 21% charter.
- Largest carrier: Air Nostrum.