Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Saint Louis is located at the population centre of the United States, and is the region’s gateway to national and international commerce and travel. The Saint Louis metropolitan area is the 19th largest in the United States, with nearly three million residents.
- STL is served by all major carriers, averaging 445 daily arrivals and departures to 66 national and international destinations.
- STL has the capability to operate around the clock, with no restrictions or curfews. The four runways at STL are equipped to handle any passenger or cargo aircraft.
- Saint Louis is a bustling centre of industry, culture and entertainment.
Marketing and other support
- The Marketing and Business Development team at STL is committed to growing passenger air service between Saint Louis and both domestic and international markets.
- STL has established an Air Service Incentive Program aimed at stimulating new passenger service by reducing new market start-up and operating costs for airlines that initiate or grow service.
- STL offers a Marketing Support Program which awards marketing funds and resources to airlines.
For more information, please contact the Marketing & Business Development team:
Brian Kinsey, Assistant Director
Airport Catchment area
- Location matters. STL is situated in an ideal place for national and international commerce and travel. Serving as the ‘Gateway to the West’, STL is at the population center of the United States. The STL metropolitan area is the 19th largest in the United States, with nearly 3 million residents. STL’s catchment area has nearly 6 million residents within a two hour drive.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
STL has everything in place to ensure quick and efficient handling of freight. Air cargo facilities designed to expedite the flow of freight are already in place, conveniently located on both sides of the primary parallel runways. Configured in typical flow-through fashion, the air cargo facilities are equipped to handle both current and next-generation cargo aircraft.
STL’s air cargo facilities also offer:
- Aircraft parking adjacent to facilities
- Bonded storage
- Secured warehouse
- Direct ramp access
- High-bay storage areas
- Workstations for makeup and breakdown of unit load devices (ULDs)
- Storage areas for cargo that requires special handling
- On-site U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- Immediate proximity to Foreign Trade Zone No. 102
As part of its ongoing commitment to facility and infrastructure improvements, STL envisions an on-airport multi-use development called GATEWAY. GATEWAY will provide a variety of facility solutions for a wide range of airport-related businesses. Through innovative master planning and cost-effective design solutions, GATEWAY will be able to offer cargo, logistics and warehousing space at competitive lease rates. GATEWAY will be designed to meet the infrastructure and operational needs of airlines and cargo businesses well into the future. Best-in-class cargo facilities, direct ramp and airfield access, on-site railhead and easy access to nearby interstate highways make GATEWAY a particularly attractive opportunity.
In addition to the GATEWAY project, both on-airport and off-airport land is available to develop. STL can provide your airline or cargo- related business with the right land solution, right now.
- Lambert-St. Louis International Airport is located less than 13 miles (21 kilometres) from downtown St. Louis and is accessible via the MetroLink light rail system.
- Saint Louis is located at the crossroads of four US interstates (I-70, I-55, I-44 and I-64), with four interstate linkages providing further connectivity (I-255, I-170, I-270 and I-370)
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runways (number and length):
- Runway 12R/30L: 11,019 x 200 ft (3,359 x 61m)
- Runway 12L/30R: 9,003 x 150 ft (2744 x 46m)
- Runway 11/29: 9,001 x 150 ft (2,743 x 46m)
- Runway 6/24: 7,602 x 150 ft (2,317 x 46 m)
- Slot Coordinated: No slots or curfews
- Operating hours: 24 hours
- Terminal: 2
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
- STL has embarked upon a multi-year modernization and renovation program, named “The Airport Experience”, to redefine and improve the passenger experience through terminal enhancements. The program includes:
- Renovation of concourses
- New airline ticketing counters
- New signage and directories
- Improved baggage delivery systems
- Restoration of the iconic domed ceiling
Vital statistics in 2013
- Passenger numbers: 12,570,128 (Domestic: 12,405,217, International: 164,911)
- Freight/Mail: 142,322,774 LBS
- Largest carrier: Southwest Airlines operating almost 600 departures per week across a network of over 30 destinations.