Other major reasons to serve this airport
- La Gomera Island is famous for its Laurisilva forests, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
- Adequate facilities to play sports such as sailing, golf, diving, trekking etc.
- UNESCO Biosphere Reserve since 2012.
Marketing and other support
Aena offers airlines an extensive range of incentives. See the new incentive that Aena offers in 2018 and discover which one suit your type of operation best:
- For new routes;
- For increasing number of passengers on a route: on long-haul routes, on airports with less than 3 million passengers and seasonal airports during the off-peak season;
- Off-peak days;
- Freight: Exempted of cargo charge from the 5 July 2014;
- Airport charges: decrease on average by 2.2% annually until 2021.
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/airport-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): email@example.com
Market information: statistics & market analysis on request at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Around 20,976 people are living in La Gomera.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- For freight opportunities go to: http://www.aena.es/en/commercial/cargo.html
- For further information, please contact: email@example.com
ATTRACTIVE FISCAL AND ECONOMIC INCENTIVES: The island’s “special status” within the EU permits it to have reduced direct and indirect taxation as well as various fiscal incentives and economic aid for business investment:
- Reduced Taxation
- Canary Islands Special Zone (ZEC) – A low Corporation Tax Zone (4%) that promotes the establishment of new businesses, conditional upon minimum levels of investment and job creation.
- Discount for production of tangible assets – An incentive that offers a 50% reduction on tax liability on profits attributed to production and industrial activities.
- Canary Islands General Indirect Tax – A tax that is similar to VAT but specific to the Canary Islands and with lower applicable rates. The general rate is 7%.
- Special taxes – The taxes on fuels, alcoholic drinks, and certain types of transport are significantly lower than those in the rest of the EU.
- La Gomera Airport is located in the municipality of Alajero, 34 km from San Sebastián de La Gomera, the capital of the island.
- The access to the airport is by a link road from the TF-713, which joins San Sebastiande La Gomera-Playa de Santiago and Alajero.
- Line 7: Valle Gran Rey-San Sebastián de la Gomera.
- Line 6: Valle Gran Rey-Airport
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runway(s): One (1,500 m).
- Operating hours: Summer 07:00-17:00; Winter 08:00-18:00.
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: Airport Information Publication (AIP)
For further information please check the following websites
- Canary Island government
- La Gomera Tourism Office
- Garajonay National Park
- Agulo Town Hall
- Tourism in Spain
- Passengers (commercial): 48,341 domestic passengers.
- Air Transport Movements: 100% scheduled.
- Largest carriers: Binter+Naysa.