Other major reasons to serve this airport
- La Gomera Island is famous for its Laurisilva forests, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
- Great facilities to play sports such as sailing, golf, diving, trekking etc.
- UNESCO Biosphere Reserve since 2012.
Marketing and other support
Aena offers airlines an extensive range of incentives. See the new incentive that Aena offers airlines in 2017 and discover which one suits your type of operation best:
- For increasing number of passengers on a route
- Off-peak days;
- Connecting flights;
- Freight: is exempted of cargo charge from the 5 July 2014;
- The Spanish Governement has approved an 11% reduction in all the airport charges in the period 2017-2021 (2.2% annually). It will be effective as of 1 March 2017.
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme and PR support are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/promotional-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): email@example.com
To contact the local authorities, please go to http://www.lagomera.travel/canary-islands/la-gomera/en/
- There are 2.1 million people living across the Canary Islands.
- Around 20,940 people are living in La Gomera.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- For freight opportunities go to: http://www.aena.es/en/commercial/cargo.html
- For further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
ATTRACTIVE FISCAL AND ECONOMIC INCENTIVES: The island’s “special status” within the EU permits it to have reduced direct and indirect taxation as well as various fiscal incentives and economic aid for business investment:
- Reduced Taxation
- Canary Islands Special Zone (ZEC) – A low Corporation Tax Zone (4%) that promotes the establishment of new businesses, conditional upon minimum levels of investment and job creation.
- Discount for production of tangible assets – An incentive that offers a 50% reduction on tax liability on profits attributed to production and industrial activities.
- Canary Islands General Indirect Tax – A tax that is similar to VAT but specific to the Canary Islands and with lower applicable rates. The general rate is 7%.
- Special taxes – The taxes on fuels, alcoholic drinks, and certain types of transport are significantly lower than those in the rest of the EU.
- La Gomera Airport is located in the municipality of Alajero, 34 km from San Sebastián de La Gomera, the capital of the island.
- The access to the airport is by a link road from the TF-713, which joins San Sebastiande La Gomera-Playa de Santiago and Alajero.
- Line 7: Valle Gran Rey-San Sebastián de la Gomera.
- Line 6: Valle Gran Rey-Airport
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runway(s): One (1,500 m).
- Operating hours: Summer 07:00-17:00; Winter* 08:00-18:00 (*From December 28th to January 24th: 0805-1800).
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: http://www.enaire.es/csee/Satellite/navegacion-aerea/es/Page/1078418725163/?other=1083158950596&other2=1083857758636#ancla3
For further information please check the following websites
- Canary Island government
- La Gomera Island Council
- Garajonay National Park
- Agulo Town Hall
- Tourism in Spain
- Passengers (commercial): 37,618 domestic passengers.
- Air Transport Movements: 100% scheduled.
- Largest carriers: Binter+Naysa.