|Additional route required: Canary Islands|
2,300 one-way indirect passengers in 2012
Available airport charges incentive scheme in 2013
Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Region with strong economy and important tourism attractions — such as its extraordinary beaches, its Sherry and its horses.
- Jerez is the home of the Spanish Motorcycle World Championship since 1987 and has hosted seven Formula One Grand Prix.
- Jerez is the home of the Carthusian horse and the Fighting Bull, the cradle of flamenco, a city of motor racing and other important events, with the site of the city centre having also been declared as of historical and artistic significance.
- High yield catchment area.
Marketing and other support
- Incentives are available in the Spanish airports in 2013:
- New route incentive: 50% discount on the passenger and security charges during the first year of operation of a new route to a new destination, and 25% discount on the second year.
- PR support for new routes such as:
- Opening flight ceremony: a press release and water cannon salute for the launch flight.
- Promotional discounts: Discounts at the airport’s parking for the passengers of the new route; discounts at participating airport food & beverage stores; discounts at the Airport´s VIP lounge for the passengers of the new route.
- Promotion of the new route: Promotion of the new route at Aena’s web page, social networks etc.
- Publicity at the airport: Advertising space at the airport for publicity
- For further information, please contact email@example.com.
- Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Market information: statistics & market analysis on request at email@example.com
- To contact the local authorities, please go to http://www.jerez.es/
- Within 30mins: 289,208
- Within 60mins: 1,119,113
- Within 90mins: 3,544,957
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- For freight opportunities go to:
- For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The airport is located eight kilometres north-east of Jerez de la Frontera, in the province of Cadiz.
- The airport has direct access to the N-IV dual carriageway.
- Line M-050: Cadiz-Jerez-Airport.
- Line M-051: Cadiz-El Pto. de Sta. Maria–Jerez-Airport.
- Line M-052: Cádiz-Campus Puerto Real-El Puerto de Santa María-Jerez
- Line M-053: Cádiz-Jerez de la Frontera
- Line M-561: Jerez de la Frontera-Sanlúcar-Chipiona-Costa Ballena
- Line M-964: Chipiona-Sanlúcar de Barrameda-Jerez de la Frontera
- Line M-970: Sanlúcar-Jerez de la Frontera
- Line M-971: Sanlúcar-Jerez de la Frontera
- Line C1: Cádiz-Aeropuerto de Jerez
- Mid-Distance Line: Sevilla-Cádiz
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runways: One runway (2,300 metres)
- Slot Coordinated: Coordinated.
- Operating hours:
- Summer 05:00-21:00 (+1h with Prior Permission Required)
- Winter 06:00-22:00 (+1h with Prior Permission Required).
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite/navegacion-aerea/es/Page/1078418725163/?other=1083158950596&other2=1083857758550#ancla322
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
For further information please check the following websites:
- Cadiz Provincial Tourist Board (Virtual Office)
- Andalusian Tourism
- Tourism in Jerez
- Tourism in Spain
- Passengers (commercial): 454,799 domestic passengers; 375,117 international passengers.
- Air transport movements: 96.3% scheduled flights; 3.7% charter flights.
- Freight: 33 tonnes.
- Largest carriers: Iberia (+Iberia Express), Ryanair, TUIfly, airberlin, Condor, Air Nostrum, Jetairfly, germanwings, NIKI.