Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Region with strong economy and important tourism attractions, such as its extraordinary beaches, its Sherry and its horses.
- Jerez is the home of the Spanish Motorcycle World Championship since 1987 and has hosted seven F1 Grand Prix.
- Jerez is the home of the Carthusian horse and the Fighting Bull, the cradle of flamenco, a city of motor racing and other important events, and the site of a city center declared as of historical and artistic significance.
- High yield catchment area.
- According to RD 862/2009 and European Regulation (EC) 1108/2009 of the European Parlament and Council 21st October 2009, the Airport of Jerez is a Certified Airport by the Aviation Safety State Agency.
- Jerez Airport has implemented an Integrated Quality and Environmental Management System, certified according to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards.
- Jerez Airport has received various acknowledgements from the National Police Corps for collaboration and support with several institutions.
- Jerez Airport was certified by the Spanish Aviation Agency (AESA), according to EU 139/2014 regulation.
Marketing and other support
Aena offers airlines an extensive range of incentives. See the new incentive that Aena offers airlines in 2018 and discover which one suits your type of operation best:
- For new routes;
- For increasing number of passengers on a route: on long-haul routes, on airports with less than three million passengers and seasonal airports during the off-peak season;
- Off-peak days;
- Connecting flights;
- Freight: Exempted of cargo charge from the 5 July 2014;
- Airport charges decrease on average by 2.2% annually until 2021
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme and PR support are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/airport-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): email@example.com
Market information: statistics and market analysis on request at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 30-minute catchment: 790,968.
- 60-minute catchment: 2,200,000.
- 120-minute catchment: 3,538,150.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- The airport is located eight kilometres north-east of Jerez de la Frontera, in the province of Cadiz.
- The airport has direct access to the A-4 dual carriageway.
- Line M-050: Cádiz-Jerez-Airport.
- Line M-051: Cádiz-El Pto. de Sta. Maria-Jerez-Airport.
- Line M-052: Cádiz-Campus Puerto Real-El Puerto de Santa María-Jerez.
- Line M-053: Cádiz-Jerez de la Frontera.
- Line M-561: Jerez de la Frontera-Sanlúcar-Chipiona-Costa Ballena.
- Line M-964: Chipiona-Sanlúcar de Barrameda-Jerez de la Frontera.
- Line M-970: Sanlúcar-Jerez de la Frontera.
- Line M-971: Sanlúcar-Jerez de la Frontera.
- Line C1: Cádiz-Aeropuerto de Jerez.
- Mid-Distance Line: Seville-Cádiz.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runway(s): One (2,300 m).
- Slot Coordinated: Facilitated.
- Operating hours: Summer 04:45-21:00 (+1h PPR); Winter 05:45-22:00 (+1h PPR).
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: Airport Information Publication (AIP)
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
For further information please check the following websites:
- Cadiz Provincial Tourist Board (Virtual Office)
- Andalusian Tourism
- Tourism in Jerez
- Tourism in Spain
- Passengers (commercial): 475,549 domestic passengers; 566,192 international passengers.
- Air transport movements: 97% scheduled flights; 3% charter flights.
- Freight: 0.58 tonnes.
- Largest carriers (top five): Iberia, Condor, Ryanair, TUIfly,Vueling.