Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Region with strong economy and important tourism attractions, such as its extraordinary beaches, its Sherry and its horses.
- Jerez is the home of the Spanish Motorcycle World Championship since 1987 and has hosted seven F1 Grand Prix.
- Jerez is the home of the Carthusian horse and the Fighting Bull, the cradle of flamenco, a city of motor racing and other important events, and the site of a city centre declared as of historical and artistic significance.
- High-yield catchment area.
Marketing and other support
- For increasing number of passengers on a route;
- Off-peak days;
- Connecting flights;
- Freight: is exempted of cargo charge from the 5 July 2014;
- Note: A 1.9% reduction in all the airport charges will be effective on 1st March 2016.
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme and PR support are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations, temporary discounts on parking, VIP lounges, shops and F&B, etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/promotional-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): firstname.lastname@example.org
Market information: statistics and market analysis on request at email@example.com
To contact the local authorities, pleasego tohttp://www.jerez.es/
- 30-minute catchment: 290,528.
- 60-minute catchment: 1,120,119.
- 120-minute catchment: 3,541,873.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- The airport is located eight kilometres north-east of Jerez de la Frontera, in the province of Cadiz.
- The airport has direct access to the N-IV dual carriageway.
- Line M-050: Cadiz-Jerez-Airport.
- Line M-051: Cadiz-El Pto. de Sta. Maria-Jerez-Airport.
- Line M-052: Cádiz-Campus Puerto Real-El Puerto de Santa María-Jerez.
- Line M-053: Cádiz-Jerez de la Frontera.
- Line M-561: Jerez de la Frontera-Sanlúcar-Chipiona-Costa Ballena.
- Line M-964: Chipiona-Sanlúcar de Barrameda-Jerez de la Frontera.
- Line M-970: Sanlúcar-Jerez de la Frontera.
- Line M-971: Sanlúcar-Jerez de la Frontera.
- Line C1: Cádiz-Aeropuerto de Jerez.
- Mid-Distance Line: Sevilla-Cádiz.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runway(s): One (2,300 m).
- Slot Coordinated: Facilitated.
- Operating hours: Summer 04:45-21:00 (+1h PPR); Winter 05:45-22:00 (+1h PPR).
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: http://www.enaire.es/csee/Satellite/navegacion-aerea/es/Page/1078418725163/?other=1083158950596&other2=1083857758550#ancla324
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
For further information please check the following websites:
- Cadiz Provincial Tourist Board (Virtual Office)
- Andalusian Tourism
- Tourism in Jerez
- Tourism in Spain
- Passengers (commercial): 410,674 domestic passengers; 393,655 international passengers.
- Air transport movements: 98% scheduled flights; 2% charter flights.
- Freight: Seven tonnes.
- Largest carriers (top five): Air Nostrum, Condor, Ryanair, TUIfly and Vueling.