Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Ibiza and Formentera islands have consolidated themselves as one of the preferred tourist destinations for European travellers.
- Coves and beaches with transparent waters delight visitors: Ibiza has 56 beaches and 210 kilometres of coastline and Formentera has nine beaches and 66 kilometres of coastline.
- Declared World Nature and Culture Heritage by UNESCO.
- Museums and exhibition centres: Ibiza Medieval, Jazz Festival, Film Festival, Moda Adlib and crafts markets.
- Maritime sports, kayaking, diving, sailing.
- Mountain bike routes and hiking.
- Ibiza is renowned for its lively nightlife.
- There are ferries from the port of Sant Antoni and Ibiza Town to Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, Denia, Formentera and Valencia.
Marketing and other support
- For increasing number of passengers on a route;
- Connecting flights;
- Freight: is exempted of cargo charge from the 5 July 2014;
- Note: A 1.9% reduction in all the airport charges will be effective on 1st March 2016.
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme and PR support are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite/aerolineas/en/Page/1237567508844/
- Ibiza’s whole population is 140,271, while Formentera accommodates 11,500 inhabitants. Therefore, with a traffic base of over six million, the catchment is almost wholly inbound. The two islands – Ibiza and Formentera - are within one hour of the airport due to efficient ferry services.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- The airport is located 7.5 kilometres to the south-west of Ibiza.
- The main access to the airport is the E-20 (Ibiza-Airport) motorway. It is also possible to arrive by the PM-803 (Ibiza-San Jose) motorway.
- Route 10 runs between the airport and the Ibiza bus station, the ferry port of Formentera, the port and San Jorge.
- Route 9 runs between the airport, the town of San José and the tourist resort of San Antonio. This line is only available from 1 June to 30 September.
- Route 24 runs between the airport and the tourist resort of Sant Eulalia and Cala Nova. This line is only available from 1 June to 30 September.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runway(s): One (2,800m).
- Slot Coordinated: Summer – Coordinated. Winter – Facilitated.
- Operating hours:
- Summer: 24h.
- Winter: 24h until 31 October; 0630-2300 UTC from 1 November.
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite/navegacion-aerea/es/Page/1078418725163/?other=1083158950596#ancla3
For more regional information go to:
- Balearic Islands Official Tourist Information (Mallorca, Minorca, Ibiza and Formentera)
- Consell d’Eivissa (Ibiza district council)
- San Josep de sa Talaia Town Hall
- Formentera Town Hall
- Tourism in Spain
- Passengers (commercial): 2,346,669 domestic passengers; 3,701,153 international passengers.
- Air Transport Movements: 76.7% scheduled flights; 23.3% charter flights.
- Freight: 2,0210 tonnes.
- Largest carriers (Top 10): Ryanair, Vueling, easyJet, airberlin, Air Nostrum, Thomson Airways, Jet2.com, Air Europa, transavia.com and Condor.