|Other potential destinations|
Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Ibiza and Formentera islands have consolidated themselves as one of the preferred tourist destinations for European travellers.
- Coves and beaches with transparent waters: Ibiza with 56 beaches and 210km of coastline and Formentera with 9 beaches and 66km of coastline.
- Declared World Nature and Culture Heritage by UNESCO.
- Variety of tourist products:
- New spas in hotels and rural hotels. Yoga, rebirthing, retreats
- New Congress and Exhibition Centre. Incentive programs and team building. Business presentations
- Museums and exhibition centres. Ibiza Medieval, Jazz Festival, Film Festival, Moda Adlib, crafts markets
- Maritime sports, kayaking, diving, depths of the sea, sailing
- Mountainbike routes, hiking
- Ibiza is point of reference for its lively nightlife
Marketing and other support
- Available incentives in the Spanish airports in 2013:
- New route incentive: 50% discount in passenger and security charges during the first year of operation of the new route to a new destination and 25% discount in the second year.
- Seasonality incentive: 20% discount in passenger and security charges for passengers carried during the months of November to March in the Balearic Islands.
- Transfer incentive: 20% discount in passenger and security charges for connecting passengers.
- PR support for new routes:
- Opening flight ceremony: a press release, water cannon salute for the opening flight.
- Promotional discounts: Discount at the Airport’s parking for passengers on the new route, discounts at selected airport food and beverage points, discounts at the airport´s VIP lounge for passengers on the route.
- Promotion of the new route: Promotion of the new route at Aena’s web page and social networks.
- Publicity at the airport: Space at the airport for publicity.
- For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Possible cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): email@example.com
- Market information: statistics & market analysis on request at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ibiza’s whole population is 130,000, therefore, with a traffic base of some 5 million the catchment is almost wholly inbound. The two islands are within one hour of the airport due to efficient ferry services.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- For freight opportunities go to: http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite/comercial/en/Page/1237559484370/Air-cargo.html
- For further information, please contact email@example.com
- The airport is located at 7.5km southwest of Ibiza, the island’s capital with the same name.
- Main access: E-20 motorway (Ibiza – Airport)
- Secondary access: PM-803 motorway (Ibiza – San Jose)
- Route 10 runs between the airport and the Ibiza bus station, the ferry port of Formentera, the port and San Jorge.
- Route 9 runs between the airport, the town of San José and the tourist resort of San Antonio. This line is only available from 1 June to 30 September.
Infrastructure & Operations:
- Runway: 2,800m
- Slot Coordinated: Facilitated
- Operating hours:
- Summer: 24h
- Winter: 24h till October 31st; 06:30-23:00 UTC from November 1st
- Terminals: 1
- AIP: http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite/navegacion-aerea/en/Page/1078418725163/?other=1083158950596&other2=1083857758458#ancla321
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
For more regional information go to:
- Balearic Islands Official Tourist Information (Mallorca, Minorca, Ibiza and Formentera)
- Consell d’Eivissa (Ibiza district council)
- San Josep de sa Talaia Town Hall
- Formentera Town Hall
- Tourism in Spain
- Passengers (commercial):
- Domestic: 2,303,889
- International: 3,121,841
- Air Transport Movements:
- Scheduled: 77%
- Charter: 23%
- Freight: 2.6 tons.
- Largest carriers (Top 10): Ryanair, Vueling, easyJet, Air Berlin, Thomson Airways, Air Nostrum, Thomas Cook UK, Air Europa, Jet2 and Monarch Airlines