Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Ibiza and Formentera islands have consolidated themselves as one of the preferred tourist destinations for European travellers
- Coves and beaches with transparent waters delight visitors (Ibiza has 56 beaches and 210 kilometres of coastline and Formentera has nine beaches and 66 kilometres of coastline)
- Declared World Nature and Culture Heritage by UNESCO.
- Museums and exhibitions centres: Ibiza Medieval, Jazz Festival, Film Festival, Moda Adlib and crafts markets
- Maritime sports, kayaking, diving, sailing
- Mountain bike routes, hiking
- Ibiza is renowned for its lively nightlife
- There are ferries from the port of Sant Antoni and Ibiza Town to Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, Denia, Formentera and Valencia
- Ibiza’s airport has implemented an Integrated Quality and Environmental Management System, certified according to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards.
- 2010 Island Council Award for their work on the tourism development.
- 2009 Public Administration Excellence Award
- Ibiza Airport was certified by the Spanish Aviation Agency (AESA), according to EU 139/2014 regulation
Marketing and other support
- For new routes;
- For increasing number of passengers on a route: on long-haul routes, on airports with less than three million passengers and seasonal airports during the off-peak season;
- Off-peak days;
- Connecting flights;
- Freight: is exempted of cargo charge from the 5 July 2014;
- Airport charges decrease on average by 2.2% annually until 2021.
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/promotional-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): firstname.lastname@example.org
Market information: statistics and market analysis on request at email@example.com
- Ibiza’s whole population is 144,659, while Formentera accommodates 12,216 inhabitants. Therefore, with a traffic base of nearly eight million, the catchment is almost wholly inbound. The two islands – Ibiza and Formentera - are within one hour of the airport due to efficient ferry services.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- The airport is located seven kilometres to the south-west of Ibiza.
- The main access to the airport is the E-20 (Ibiza-Airport) motorway. It is also possible to arrive by the PM-803 (Ibiza-San Jose) motorway, taking the four km exit.
- Route 10 runs between the airport and the Ibiza bus station, the ferry port of Formentera, the port and San Jorge.
- Route 9 runs between the airport, the town of San José and the tourist resort of San Antonio. This line is only available from 1 June to 12 October.
- Route 24 runs between the airport and the tourist resort of Sant Eulalia and Cala Nova. This line is only available from 23 May to 15 October.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runway(s): One (2,800m).
- Slot Coordinated: Summer – Coordinated. Winter – Facilitated.
- Operating hours:
- Summer: 24h.
- Winter: 24h until 31 October; 06:30-23:00 UTC from 1 November.
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: Aeronautical Information Publication (AIP)
For more regional information go to:
- Balearic Islands Official Tourist Information (Mallorca, Minorca, Ibiza and Formentera)
- Consell d’Eivissa (Ibiza district council)
- San Josep de sa Talaia Town Hall
- Formentera Town Hall
- Tourism in Spain
- Passengers (commercial): 3.3m domestic passengers; 4.8m international passengers.
- Air Transport Movements: 93% scheduled flights; 7% charter flights.
- Freight: 1,600 tonnes.
- Largest carriers (top five): Ryanair, Vueling, easyJet, Air Nostrum and Jet2.com.