Other major reasons to serve this airport
- The airport has an interesting potential market as a ski destination, as well as mountain and nature tourism in the summer.
- In the Huesca region there are five alpine ski resorts, with 302 slopes and 332 kilometres of runs.
- There are also four Nordic ski resorts, with 22 slopes and 105 kilometres of runs.
- Gateway to the middle Pyrenees, including South of France. The ski resorts are only one hour’s drive from the airport.
- Huesca’s train station is served by the AVE high-speed rail system and connects the city with Madrid.
Marketing and other support
- For increasing number of passengers on a route;
- Off-peak days;
- Connecting flights;
- Freight: is exempted of cargo charge from the 5 July 2014;
- Note: A 1.9% reduction in all the airport charges will be effective on 1st March 2016.
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme and PR support are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations, temporary discounts on parking, VIP lounges, shops and F&B, etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/promotional-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): firstname.lastname@example.org
Market information: statistics and market analysis on request at email@example.com
- 30-minute catchment: 66,386.
- 60-minute catchment: 149,942.
- 120-minute catchment: 1,547,537.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- Huesca-Pirineos Airport is located about 10 kilometres from the capital.
- The airport is accessed from Huesca via the A-131.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runways: Two (615m and 2,100m).
- Operating hours:
- Summer: 11:00-16:00.
- Winter: 10:00-15:00.
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: http://www.enaire.es/csee/Satellite/navegacion-aerea/es/Page/1078418725163/?other=1083158950596&other2=1102587771164#ancla322
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
For more regional information please go to:
- Tourist Services Guide from the Government of Aragon
- Huesca Town Hall Tourist Board
- Huesca Region Department of Tourism
- Tourism in Spain
- Passengers: 242 passengers. In 2010, it was 5,900.
- Air Transport Movements: 100% charter flights.