Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Airport with an interesting potential as a ski destination, as well as mountain and nature tourism in the summer.
- In the Huesca region there are 5 alpine ski resorts with 302 slopes and 332 kilometers of runs.
- There are also 4 nordic ski resorts with 22 slopes and 105 kilometers of runs.
- Gateway to the middle Pyrenees, including South of France. The skiing resorts are only one hour driving from the airport.
- Huesca’s Train Station is served by the AVE high-speed rail system and connects the city with Madrid.
- According to RD 862/2009 Huesca-Pirineos is a Certified Airport by the Aviation Safety State Agency.
- Information about COVID-19 measures in place can be found at Info COVID-19.
Marketing and other support
Aena offers airlines an extensive range of incentives. See the new incentive that Aena offers in 2020 and discover which one suit your type of operation best:
- Operation recovery.
- Off-peak days.
- Connecting flights.
- Freight: Exempted of cargo charge from the 5th of July 2014
- Airport charges decrease on average by 2,2% annually until 2021
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information, please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations, etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information, please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/airport-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): firstname.lastname@example.org
Market information: statistics & market analysis on request at email@example.com
- 30-minute catchment: 88,101.
- 60-minute catchment: 1,127,936.
- 120-minute catchment: 1,538,624.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- Huesca-Pirineos Airport is located about 10 kilometres from the capital.
- The airport is accessed from Huesca via the A-131.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runways: Two (12L/30R = 615 x 12m and 12R/30L = 2,100 x 45m).
- Operating hours:
- Summer: 07:00-17:00.
- Winter: 08:00-16:00.
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: Airport Information Publication (AIP)
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
For more regional information please go to:
- Tourist Services Guide from the Government of Aragon
- Huesca Town Hall Tourist Board
- Huesca Region Department of Tourism
- Tourism in Spain