Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Region with strong economy and important tourism attractions; the Alhambra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is visited by more than three million tourists every year.
- The province of Jaen also contains two Renaissance cities, Úbeda and Baeza, both recently declared World Heritage Sites by UNESCO. The province is one of the largest producers of olive oil in the world. It produces around 20% of all world production and 50% of Spanish production.
- Tourists enjoy skiing in Sierra Nevada, a resort with more than 100 kilometres of slopes, sunny weather and wonderful snow. In the summer season, its marvelous beaches are also very popular.
- High-yield catchment area.
Marketing and other supportAena offers airlines an extensive range of incentives. See the new incentive that Aena offers airlines in 2018 and discover which one suits your type of operation best:
- For new routes;
- For increasing number of passengers on a route: on long-haul routes, on airports with less than three million passengers and seasonal airports during the off-peak season;
- Off-peak days;
- Connecting flights;
- Freight: is exempted of cargo charge from the 5 July 2014;
- Airport charges decrease on average by 2.2% annually until 2021.
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/promotional-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): firstname.lastname@example.org
Market information: statistics and market analysis on request at email@example.com
- 30-minute catchment: 652,874.
- 60-minute catchment: 1.177,459.
- 120-minute catchment: 3,703,947.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- Federico García Lorca Granada-Jaen Airport is located 17 kilometres from Granada and 106 kilometres from Jaen.
- From Granada you arrive directly at the airport taking the motorway A-92, direction Seville. From Jaen, take the A-44 to Granada, and then the A-92, direction Seville.
- Line: Airport-Granada.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runway(s): One (2,900m).
- Slot Coordinated: Facilitated.
- Operating hours: Summer 05:00-21:15 (+1 hour PPR); Winter 06:00-22:15 UTC (+1 hour PPR).
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: Airport Information Publication (AIP)
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
For more regional information please go to:
- Andalusian Tourism
- Provincial Tourism Board of Granada
- Granada City Hall tour guide
- Jaen Provincial Council
- Tourism in Spain
- Passengers (commercial): 783,609 domestic passengers; 113,562 international passengers.
- Air Transport Movements: 99% scheduled flights; 1% charter flights.
- Freight: 1.3 tonnes.
- Largest carriers (top five): Vueling, Iberia, Air Nostrum, easyJet and Air Europa.