Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Girona is one-hour’s drive from Barcelona.
- The Girona region includes plenty of excellent beaches that have made the Costa Brava one of the most popular tourist destinations in Europe.
- The Salvador Dalí Theatre and Museum in Figueres houses the single largest, and most diverse, collection of works of the artist.
- The excellent fish and seafood, the varied selection of vegetables and the wonderful beef make the gastronomy of Girona one of the most exquisite in Spain. El Celler de Can Roca that holds three Michelin stars was named best restaurant in the world by the magazine Restaurant several years including 2015, and L’Empordá, is the birthplace of Ferrán Adriá, one of the most famous and most awarded chefs in the world.
Marketing and other support
Aena offers airlines an extensive range of incentives. See the new incentive that Aena offers airlines in 2017 and discover which one suits your type of operation best:
- For increasing number of passengers on a route
- Off-peak days;
- Connecting flights;
- Freight: is exempted of cargo charge from the 5 July 2014;
- The Spanish Governement has approved an 11% reduction in all the airport charges in the period 2017-2021 (2.2% annually). It will be effective as of 1 March 2017.
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme and PR support are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/promotional-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): firstname.lastname@example.org
Market information: statistics and market analysis on request at email@example.com
- 30-minute catchment: 637,810;
- 60-minute catchment: 5,534,083;
- 120-minute catchment: 6,854,386.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- Girona Airport is located approximately 10 kilometres from the provincial capital.
- Barcelona is only 90 kilometres from Girona.
- The catchment area in France is 3.6 million people.
- The airport access is from the roads N-II, AP-7 (exit 8) and C-25. These roads have exits which join the 1,700-metre long road which leads to the airport.
- Airport-Costa Brava South line.
- Airport-Girona line.
- Airport-Lleida line.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runway(s): One runway (2,400 metres).
- Slot Coordinated: Facilitated.
- Operating hours: 24 hours.
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: http://www.enaire.es/csee/Satellite/navegacion-aerea/es/Page/1078418725163/?other=1083158950596#ancla3
For more regional information please go to:
- Catalonia Tourism: http://web.gencat.cat/es/temes/turisme/
- Girona City Hall: http://www.ajuntament.gi/turisme
- Girona Costa Brava Tourism Board: http://www.costabrava.org
- Tourism in Spain: http://www.spain.info
- Passengers (commercial): 2,245 domestic passengers; 1.6m international passengers.
- Air Transport Movements: 92% scheduled flights; 8% charter flights.
- Freight: 51 tonnes.
- Largest carriers (top five): Ryanair, Transavia, Thomson Airways, Jet2.com and Enter Air.