Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Girona is one hour driving from Barcelona.
- The Girona region includes plenty of excellent beaches that have made the Costa Brava one of the most popular tourist destinations in Europe.
- The Salvador Dalí Theatre and Museum in Figueres houses the single largest, and most diverse, collection of works of the artist.
- The excellent fish and seafood, the varied selection of vegetables and the wonderful beef make the gastronomy of Girona one of the most exquisite in Spain. L’Empordá, is the birthplace of Ferrán Adriá, one of the most famous and most awarded chefs in the world.
Marketing and other support
- For increasing number of passengers on a route;
- Off-peak days;
- Connecting flights;
- Freight: is exempted of cargo charge from the 5 July 2014;
- Note: A 1.9% reduction in all the airport charges will be effective on 1st March 2016.
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme and PR support are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations, temporary discounts on parking, VIP lounges, shops and F&B, etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/promotional-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): firstname.lastname@example.org
Market information: statistics and market analysis on request at email@example.com
- 30-minute catchment: 613,290;
- 60-minute catchment: 5,439,373;
- 120-minute catchment: 6,835,813.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- Girona Airport is located approximately 12 kilometres from the provincial capital.
- Barcelona is only 90 kilometres from Girona.
- The catchment area in France is 3.6 million people.
- The airport access is from the roads N-II, AP-7 (exit 8) and C-25. These roads have exits which join the 1,700-metre long road which leads to the airport.
- Airport-Andorra line.
- Airport-Costa Brava Norte route line.
- Airport-Costa Brava South line.
- Airport-Girona line.
- Airport-Lleida line.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runway(s): One runway (2,400 metres).
- Slot Coordinated: Facilitated.
- Operating hours: 24 hours.
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: http://www.enaire.es/csee/Satellite/navegacion-aerea/es/Page/1078418725163/?other=1083158950596&other2=1083857758201#ancla317
For more regional information please go to:
- Catalonia Tourism: http://web.gencat.cat/es/temes/turisme/
- Girona City Hall: http://www.ajuntament.gi/turisme
- Girona Costa Brava Tourism Board: http://www.costabrava.org
- Tourism in Spain: http://www.spain.info
- Passengers (commercial): 40,090 domestic passengers; 1.7m international passengers.
- Air Transport Movements: 95% scheduled flights; 5% charter flights.
- Freight: 96 tonnes.
- Largest carriers (top five): Ryanair, Transavia, Thomson Airways, Jetairfly and Ibertour.