Other major reasons to serve this airport
- Fuerteventura is one of the Canary Islands, in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Africa. It is the second largest of the islands, and it has been declared a biosphere reserve by the UNESCO. It has major tourism attractions with its amazing beaches and warm weather.
- Wonderful spot for windsurfing, scuba diving and hiking.
- Good performance of existing facilities (hotels, golf courses…).
- The airport has implemented an Integrated Quality and Environmental Management System, certified according to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards.
- As part of the environmental initiatives that Fuerteventura Airport is implementing, it uses a desalination plant for self-supply of drinking water.
- Fuerteventura Airport was certified by the Spanish Aviation Safety Agency (AESA), according to EU 139/2014 regulation.
- Information about COVID-19 measures in place can be found at Info COVID-19.
Marketing and other support
- Operation recovery.
- Off-peak days.
- Connecting flights.
- Freight: Exempted of cargo charge from the 5th of July 2014
- Airport charges decrease on average by 2,2% annually until 2021
The conditions of the Aena Incentive scheme are according to the wording included in the legislation in force. For more information, please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/incentives.html
Aena collaborates on an ongoing basis with airlines on aspects such as organising events relating to first flights, advertising in media belonging to Aena, press releases, publicity on social networks, information to travel agencies associations, etc. All of this is geared towards achieving greater visibility and publicity for the launch of new routes or new bases.
For more information, please visit: http://www.aena.es/en/airlines/airport-marketing.html
Potential cooperation from the Spanish Tourism Board (Tourspain): email@example.com
Market information: statistics & market analysis on request at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2.1 million people living in the Canary Islands.
- 113,275 people live in Fuerteventura.
Under-served freight opportunities and other economic impact factors
- For freight opportunities, click here.
- For further information, please contact: email@example.com
ATTRACTIVE FISCAL AND ECONOMIC INCENTIVES
The island’s “special status” within the European Union permits it to have reduced direct and indirect taxation as well as various fiscal incentives and economic aid for business investment:
- Reduced Taxation
Canary Islands Special Zone (ZEC). A low Corporation Tax Zone (4%) that promotes the establishment of new business, conditional upon minimum levels of investment and job creation.
- Discount for production of tangible assets. An incentive that offers a 50% reduction on tax liability on profits attributed, to production and industrial activities.
- Canary Islands General Indirect Tax. A tax that is similar to VAT but specific to the Canary Islands and with lower applicable rates. The general rate is 7%.
- Special taxes. The taxes on fuels, alcoholic drinks, and certain types of transport are significantly lower than those in the rest of the European Union.
- Fuerteventura Airport is situated approximately 5 km from the island’s capital, Puerto del Rosario.
- The access to the airport is by the road FV-2.
- Line 3: Puerto del Rosario-Caleta de Fuste-Las Salinas.
- Line 10: Puerto del Rosario-Morro Jable.
- Line 16: Puerto del Rosario-Gran Tarajal.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runway(s): One (3,406 m) and contingency runway.
- Airfield with capacity for type E aircraft.
- Slot Coordinated: Coordinated.
- Operating hours: S: MON-THU, SAT: 06:30-22:00 (PS 1HR PPR); FRI, SUN: 06:00-21:30 (PS 90MIN PPR) W: MON-THU, SAT: 07:30-23:00 (PS 1HR PPR); FRI, SUN: 07:00-22:30 (PS 90MIN PPR).
- Terminals: One.
- AIP: Airport Information Publication (AIP)
For more information about Fuerteventura and its region go to:
- Passengers (commercial): 1.7 million domestic pax; 3.9 millions international pax.
- Flights: 89% scheduled; 11% charter.
- Freight: 732 tons
- Largest carriers (Top 5): Ryanair, Binter, TUIfly, Condor and Jet2.com.