Other major reasons to serve this airport
- DUS is located in one of the most densely populated areas in Europe.
- Thanks to its location in the economic powerhouse of Germany, DUS has a far above-average high demand for business-trips.
- Thanks to dense network of future oneworld member airberlin, and Star Alliance member Lufthansa, DUS offers perfect connectivity.
Marketing and other support
- DUS has a transparent support programme (part of the airport’s tariff regulation) which grants financial support for above-average use of capacity (this is not temporary but ongoing support!)
- Attractive and transparent intercontinental-support programme (again this is part of DUS’ tariff regulation; not temporary but ongoing support!)
- Attractive advertising packages including advertising on airport premises, online advertising, and promotions on airport website, in local and industry media, as well as at trade fairs.
- Comprehensive PR support package, comprising press releases, inaugural flight events, press trips, as well as editorials and advertising in airport print publications.
- Close co-operation with local tourist board, Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Offices of Economic Development and similar institutions.
- 30 min catchment area: 6.4 million
- 60 min catchment area: 13.8 million
- 120 min catchment area: 19.3 million
- 100km/62mls radius: 18.3 million
- Almost 150 million people live within about a 500 km/310 mls radius of the state capital, Düsseldorf. This represents 1/3 of all consumers and 45% of the purchasing power in the EU.
- Thanks to its central location and excellent transport links, Düsseldorf area is the ideal gateway to European markets.
- 19 of the 50 top-selling German companies (not including banks and insurance companies) are based in greater Düsseldorf area: Bayer, Bertelsmann, Deutsche Post DHL, Deutsche Telekom, E.ON, Metro, Rewe, RWE and ThyssenKrupp for example.
- With Düsseldorf, Cologne, Dortmund, and Essen, greater Düsseldorf area is the world’s number one trade fair location. More than 60 internationally leading trade fairs such as anuga, boot, drupa, MEDICA or photokina attract some 6 million visitors every year. As one of the world’s largest trade fair locations the state is ahead of Hannover, Frankfurt, Milan, Guangzhou, Chicago, Valencia and Paris.
- Cargo Terminal:
- 24/7 cargo handling services
- Floor space – 12.650 m²
- Annual capacity – 130,000 tonnes
- Customs, veterinary inspection, agriculture inspection
- Growth Rates:
- 2001-2010: 6.5% p.a.on average
- Catchment Area:
- High density of distribution centers in a distance up to 150 km/93 miles: Xerox, Sony, Dell, Haier, Esprit, C&A, Medion, Morrison, for example.
- Typical commodities: textiles, pharmaceutical, electronics, perishables etc.
- Approx. 20 % of all German exports originate from the Düsseldorf catchment area.
- More than 5,000 international companies are based around Düsseldorf (> 700 Chinese companies, 450 Japanese, 450 US, 100 Indian, 70 Korean companies, etc.)
- The Rhein/Ruhr area is characterised by high density of manufacturing companies.
- Big forwarding community based at the airport.
- Typical commodities: automotive, pharmaceuticals, machinery, spare parts etc.
- Additional Services:
- Scheduled, daily truck-services to/from other German/European airports.
For more information, please contact Thomas Schürmann, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Düsseldorf, located on the river Rhine, is the capital city of the federal state of North Rhine Westphalia.
- Distance to Düsseldorf downtown 8km/5 miles
- DUS has two train stations at the airport guaranteeing convenient connectivity to the dense railway system within Germany and the Netherlands.
- DUS provides its own dedicated highway access
- Thanks to its attractive location, DUS also generates significant passengers from the Netherlands and Belgium.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runway south: 3,000m (05R/23L) main runway
- Runway north: 2,700m (05L/23R) parallel runway
- Slot Coordinated; but not congested
- Operating hours 06.00-22.00 (last departure)/ 06.00-23.00 (last arrival)
- Terminals: state-of-the-art, all under one roof-concept: one terminal with three spacious piers, one dedicated to Star Alliance.
- Min. connect time: 35 minutes
Other relevant Infrastructure & Operations details: Transit Without Visa (TWOV) facilities
Important infrastructure developments
- Enhancement of baggage handling system by 2013
- Extended information at www.airlinerlounge.com
- Passenger numbers:
- 19 million pax in 2010 (+6.7%),
- 76% outbound traffic,
- 36.5% for business purposes
- > 60 Airlines
- Largest carrier: airberlin, 6.6m pax in 2010 (+2.6%)
- Second largest carrier: Lufthansa, 4.9m pax in 2010 (+12.1%)
- Carriers serving longhaul-destinations ex DUS: AB, LH, DL, EK, CA, W5, R2
- More than 180 Destinations, including almost 30 intercontinental destinations