Duqum is a port town on the Arabian Sea, in central-eastern Oman.
The Oman Tourism Development Company is looking to develop it into a resort, aiming to increase its population to 100,000 by 2020.
Other major reasons:
- Duqum Port.
- Duqum Freezone.
- Industrial State.
- Inauguration for first landing flight and cake cutting celebration.
- Press conference, press (local and international) and FAM trip.
- Airport tours for travel agents, tour operators and airline.
- Establishing contacts with the local distribution channels (Commercial, Finance, Media, Operations Departments).
- Promoting new air services at all Omani airports.
- Supporting airlines with business cases and joint promotion.
- Working together with tourism authority to facilitate co-operation.
- Initiate incentive scheme for regional airports.
- Duqum Airport has a capacity to handle 25,000 tonnes of freight per annum.
- The Oman Tourism Development Company is looking to develop it into a resort, aiming to increase its population to 100,000 by 2020.
- Other major reasons:
- Duqum Port;
- Duqum Freezone;
- Industrial state.
Duqum Airport is located in the vicinity of Duqum city centre.
Infrastructure & Operations:
Runway(s): One − 15/33 4,001m.
Slot Coordinated: Contact: email@example.com
Operating hours: Day time.
Terminal(s): One − annual capacity 500,000 passengers per annum.
Min. Connect time: 40 minutes.
Passenger boarding bridges: Two.
Bus boarding lounges: Two.
Check-in: Four desks.
Largest Carriers (by weekly seats): Oman Air.