Other major reasons to serve this airport
- A famous industrial city, major companies like Jaguar Land Rover, Rolls-Royce, Severn Trent, EoN, Ericsson, Peugeot, Parcelforce Worldwide, Barclays Bank, and Admenta UK are all substantial employers in the city. Coventry is also home to 1,000 research and development companies.
- Coventry has a young, skilled and growing population providing a diverse and high calibre work force. One quarter of Coventry’s population is qualified to degree or equivalent level.
- Coventry is proud to be an official host for the London 2012 Olympics.
- Coventry boasts two world-class universities, with over 35,000 students. The University of Warwick, is in the top 1% of universities in the world, acknowledged for excellence in research, teaching and innovation.
- Coventry Airport is the closest commercial airport to tourist attractions like Warwick Castle, the home of Shakespeare, Stratford-upon-Avon as well as its renowned Basil Spence cathedral.
Marketing and other support
- CVT would support any new route to the airport with a comprehensive incentive scheme to reduce airline set-up costs as well as guaranteeing long-term costs allowing for prudent budget planning. In addition to this economic benefit package, CVT would also consider promotional marketing support to assist in establishing new routes on a sound footing. This would also be supported through effective PR and in-house marketing tools.
Coventry is the 9th largest city in England and the 11th largest in the United Kingdom. It is also the second largest city in the English Midlands, after Birmingham, with a population of 300,100 (2001 Census) and, although there has been population decline in neighbouring Birmingham, the population of Coventry has risen to 309,800 (as of 2008).
- 35 min catchment area = 2m
- 60 min catchment area = 8m
- 120 min catchment area = 36m
- Jaguar Land Rover, Rolls-Royce, Severn Trent, EoN, Ericsson, Peugeot, Parcelforce Worldwide, Barclays Bank, and Admenta UK are all potential clients for bringing air freight in to city.
- Automotive manufacturing and research and development, and the suppliers that feed this industry, still make up a significant proportion of the industrial core of the Coventry and Warwickshire catchment.
- Its location in the centre of the country also makes it a haven for logistics and distribution hubs, some of which will no doubt benefit from air cargo services.
- The airport also benefits from having a resident cargo airline in West Atlantic Airlines at CVT/EGBE operating a fleet of all-cargo 737s, ATPs, Electras and soon to be joined by cargo A320s.
- The airport also benefits from having a resident cargo airline in West Atlantic Airlines at CVT/EGBE operating a fleet of all-cargo 737s, ATPs and Electras.
- CVT/EGBE is 5 miles or 8 kms from Coventry city centre. It is also just 11 miles or 17 kms from Warwick and 19 miles or 31 kms from Stratford-upon-Avon.
- CVT/EGBE is at the centre of the UK’s motorway network, meaning than 60% of the country’s population is within 120 minutes of the airport.
- CVT/EGBE has regular bus services which connect it to the city’s train station. From here services on the West Coast Mainline run from London to Scotland. Central London is only just over 60 minutes away. Trains from Coventry station can be caught to national, regional and local points.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Runway 05/23 – 2008m x 46m asphalt
- Cat I ILS
- RFFS Cat II (III on remission). There are plans to raise this up to Cat VI.
- 8 stands up to A320/B757 size on South Apron. Additional aircraft parking on West and Bravo aprons
- Full AGL
- No slots!
- Operating hours: Currently 0700-2000 (Mo-Fr) 0900-1900 (Sa/Su). There are plans to increase this in summer 2011.
- Single terminal – just 200m from car to aircraft. 20-minute check-in.
- Min. connect time: 20 minutes
Important infrastructure developments and/or other news
- The existing infrastructure will be expanded subject to demand for passenger and cargo services.
- There are currently no passenger services at CVT/EGBE. However, at its peak in 2005 it handled over 700,000 passengers.
- There are currently no cargo services at CVT/EGBE. However, at its peak in 2006 it handled nearly 8,000 tonnes of freight.
- Airport charges: Contact Marc Watkins, Business Development Manager.